A practice administrator manages the operations of medical practice within a healthcare facility. A practice administrator’s responsibilities include managing day-to-day operations, managing administrative processes, handling inventories, managing patient scheduling, monitoring budgets, staffing, and developing business models.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Practice Administrator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Practice Administrator resumes for your reference.
Practice Administrator Resume Sample 1
- Managed the day to day operations of a chiropractic practice including personnel management, accounting functions, website maintenance, and scheduling appointments.
- Supervised two staff members to ensure that the office ran smoothly.
- Prepared daily journal entries accurately with minimal supervision.
- Successfully prepared for Medical Provider status in less than six months upon joining the company so as to manage all activities under CMS guidelines.
- Completed five years of academic study through an online university with an overall GPA of 3.8 out of 4.0 while working full-time.
Practice Administrator Resume Sample 2
- Manage and coordinate all activities of the office by leading others, ordering supplies, resolving issues to ensure delivery of quality patient care.
- Promote unit through unit steward training and monthly newsletters by orienting new employees and working collaboratively to achieve departmental goals.
- Train patients on equipment; provide clinical supervision over respiratory therapists; acquire self-directed work habits.
- Greet 400-500 visitors each day, organize two conferences/year for 100 attendees each; increase budget revenue by $5 million.
- Developed collaborative relationships with physicians, surgeons, medical staffs and its members; established productive partnerships with other administrative departments within hospital including finance and legal divisions .
Practice Administrator Resume Sample 3
- Supervised a staff of two by planning, organizing, and setting priorities.
- Developed a comprehensive customer service program to meet the practice’s needs through key internal partnerships.
- Promoted from Practice Coordinator due to my ability to manage multiple tasks and projects effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Identified an opportunity for growth promoting patient services when establishing policies that enhanced workflow process.
- Introduced various methodologies that increased efficiency while reducing costs including SharePoint implementation, electronic claims submission, and CPT standardization.
Practice Administrator Resume Sample 4
- Oversaw the usage of practice accountants and doctors to ensure efficient, effective service.
- Promoted superior customer service standards by organizing weekly virtual conferences for all staff members working with specific patients in a private clinic environment.
- Assisted in leading a multi-disciplinary team approach to health care delivery in an emergency setting.
- Facilitated efficient operations through improved organization, training, and communication resulting from workflow analysis.
- Successfully led a humanistic healthcare team into profitable operations while reducing expenses from $60 million to less than $40 million within three years.
Practice Administrator Resume Sample 5
- Authored the first-ever practice administrator job description for a dental practice.
- Hired, trained and supervised over 25 employees as well as implemented business systems to increase efficiency.
- Managed every aspect of office operations including human resources, payroll, billing, collections, marketing and client services.
- Streamlined a five-day a week scheduling process to accommodate patient needs at peak times while maintaining an optimal staff/doctor ratio 24 hours a day 365 days a year.
- Improved productivity by 43% through the use of technology that included printers to copy charts from various offices into one electronic chart system which increased efficiency.
Practice Administrator Resume Sample 6
- Mastered all features of expert computer system for patient registration, billing, scheduling, and medical records.
- Converted manual to electronic charts; saved administrative staff hours per day.
- Achieved highest levels of productivity during evaluation period; recognized by supervisor as the top performer.
- Provided medical office support services that allowed physician to see patients on schedule; received appreciation certificates from physicians at quarterly meetings.
- Managed accounts receivable process to ensure prompt payments; reduced length of time to receive payments by 50% & increased cash flow through accounts receivable logistic methodology plan development.
Practice Administrator Resume Sample 7
- Managed the daily operations of a general dental practice.
- Established and maintained effective liaison with insurance and financial companies, vendors and governmental agencies to ensure that billing and collection activities were up-to-date; made significant impact on collections by increasing revenue by $43,000 in one year.
- Demonstrated multitasking ability during times of high patient volume while maintaining excellent customer service standards.
- Illustrated organizational skills after dividing office work load between other staff members when hiring new employees proved difficult due to lack of qualified applicants.
- Coordinated efforts of other departments including sales, marketing, human resources, creative design team for company project plans.
Practice Administrator Resume Sample 8
- Sorted, filed, and archived patient records in accordance with federal legistlation.
- Positioned equipment to provide optimal ease of use for patients. Effectively assisted medical staff during examinations.
- Analysed business data presented by management team; directed the marketing department towards effective promotion strategy.
- Composed intricate reports regarding marketing analysis while managing online presence of over 200 dental practices across eight states.
- Designed an award-winning digital platform that advanced market reach of dental offices via web technology.
Practice Administrator Resume Sample 9
- Administered a medical practice specializing in internal medicine and pediatrics. Oversaw daily operations of the office including front desk, billing, scheduling appointments, physician orders, accounts payable and receivable, filing, purchasing supplies and equipment.
- Helped clients navigate through various government benefits for which they qualified as a member of a patient referral program; increased patient retention rate by 18%.
- Improved accuracy rates on medical records from 80% to 98%; recognized by the Regional Manager who promoted the team I supervised to management positions.
- Trained new employees on workflow system administration within three weeks; provided specific feedback during training sessions with excellent results.
- Completed all documentation related to managed care contracts with medical practices located in multiple states.
Practice Administrator Resume Sample 10
- Maintained and improved work flow for staff of 100 people.
- Introduced several efficiencies, including a new telephone system and computerized patient records.
- Planned and organized community events such as fundraisers and health fairs while ensuring the highest level of customer service was provided to guests.
- Trained five employees in proper administrative practices, increasing their efficiency by 200%.
- Received “Employee of the Month” award for remarkable customer service ethic; contributed to 100% increase in revenue from $120,000 to $240,000 over six months.
Practice Administrator Resume Sample 11
- Gained exposure to all the varied duties of an administrator.
- Effectively trained and coached new employees; successfully mentored four new hires to productivity in 90 days or less.
- Earned praise for “going beyond the call of duty” according to Hospital Administration, after identifying a need for updated software during department shift change.
- Accurately diagnosed unit production/personnel requirements; provided solutions by strategically delegating tasks.
- Adaptability has proven invaluable as changes were implemented within the unit to reduce expenses – no prior experience necessary!
To become a practice administrator, at least a bachelor’s degree in business administration is required. A practice administrator must have excellent business acumen, must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, must be able to work in a team, must have excellent organizational skills, must have excellent communication skills, must be analytical, and must be adaptable.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Practice Administrator Resume Samples
- Practice Administrator Resume Sample 1
- Practice Administrator Resume Sample 2
- Practice Administrator Resume Sample 3
- Practice Administrator Resume Sample 4
- Practice Administrator Resume Sample 5
- Practice Administrator Resume Sample 6
- Practice Administrator Resume Sample 7
- Practice Administrator Resume Sample 8
- Practice Administrator Resume Sample 9
- Practice Administrator Resume Sample 10
- Practice Administrator Resume Sample 11
- Wrap Up