Pre-K Teachers play an essential role in the lives of younger from the age of three to five; they do this by developing and nurturing their minds in age-appropriate subjects. Their duties include encouraging social interactions, creating a learning environment, preparing for school, planning the curriculum, buying class supplies, providing meals, evaluating students.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Pre K Teacher Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Pre K Teacher resumes for your reference.
Pre K Teacher Resume Sample 1
- Working with children of different ages; responding to their varying needs.
- Explained facts and concepts related to math, science, and language arts, so all students can learn to read, write, and develop responsible lifelong readers.
- Set up educational games for the children; create visual art projects for them at home or at school to help encourage the development of personal writing skills.
- Trained children to become responsible adults equipped with basic life skills.
- Helped to develop compassion toward others by nurturing their minds through story-telling and storytelling techniques to help them gain self-esteem, self-confidence, and empathy.
Pre K Teacher Resume Sample 2
- Demonstrated school-related accomplishments during the child’s first year of life by
- Actively engaged in classroom activities; provided effective assistance to new teachers.
- Efficiently organized various classroom activities.
- Cared for students during the after-school program; assisted parents with summer programs.
- Received appreciation award for mentoring new employees.
Pre K Teacher Resume Sample 3
- Developed pre-k curriculum for teachers to follow.
- Conducted classroom observations of teachers, providing feedback to improve the overall level of professionalism.
- Revised teacher evaluation forms for a more accurate assessment of each teacher’s performance.
- Awarded Teacher of the Month award by peers and higher-level staff for consistent demonstration of professionalism and exemplary effort.
- Hired teachers who met the company’s high standards for education and experience; contributed to overall increase in grade-level scores.
Pre K Teacher Resume Sample 4
- Implemented a project-based curriculum by utilizing various resources to creatively engage children in learning, including a blog, a school newsletter, and a blog for parents.
- Recognized by school administration for successfully implementing a multi-age environment within the classroom.
- Accomplished numerous awards for exceptional teaching, including an Award of Excellence from the International Reading Association.
- Achieved top scorer on the state test while impacting over 200 students with their ability to achieve proficient or advanced levels in all areas of English Language Arts.
- Developed an aftercare program to support students beyond the regular class hours on weekdays and on weekends during summer months.
Pre K Teacher Resume Sample 5
- Volunteered at a local elementary school where I created lesson plans using various methods of effective teaching.
- Prioritized learning objectives, planned learning activities, and evaluated student progress.
- Provided an inviting classroom environment filled with music, books, and art.
- Tutored students struggling in reading or math after school hours, helping them increase their grades in the process.
- Mentored younger teachers new to the field of education on effective teaching strategies for young learners.
Pre K Teacher Resume Sample 6
- Worked in the classroom with children ages 6 months to 6 years.
- Participated in student councils, parent-teacher organizations, and was active in the community.
- Assisted children in basic education activities such as joining class assignments, feeding their lunch boxes, etc.
- Comprehensively read over 100 books throughout the year to students of various ages.
- Organized student parties with games and activities to reach out to parents for financial assistance.
Pre K Teacher Resume Sample 7
- Created a classroom environment conducive to learning.
- Screened children for emotional and social disorders.
- Earned recognition for outstanding lesson planning.
- Improvised a program of individual instruction for a student with minimal progress in reading and mathematics using the Orton-Gillingham approach.
- Achieved award for excellent lesson planning on National Reading Day.
Pre K Teacher Resume Sample 8
- Used effective methods to encourage students to complete worksheets and homework assignments.
- Led math, spelling, and reading groups after school; received an Award of Excellence for outstanding leadership.
- Received recognition as an exemplary teacher for teaching phonics to first graders.
- Assessed students’ strengths and weaknesses through ongoing classroom observations; referred them to special classes or tutors if needed.
- Recognized by parents for getting their children to read; children received report cards with A’s and B’s.
Pre K Teacher Resume Sample 9
- Achieved award for outstanding service; earned appreciation as a call monitoring Superstar; effectively addressed the needs and concerns of students and parents while adhering to schools’ guidelines regarding safety, meeting objectives, and student discipline.
- Recognized by the principal for outstanding work in implementing school initiatives, including reading practice programs at designated times with positive feedback from students’ parents.
- Selected as Teacher of Year for District 12; guided students to achieve top scores on state exams.
- Secured grant funds to purchase teaching materials for classroom instruction on how to recognize symptoms related to HIV/AIDS disease.
- Received Professional Development Award for outstanding work as a Pre-K teacher; conducted workshops for teachers to observe and learn from those who had received the award.
Pre K Teacher Resume Sample 10
- Provided a safe and fun place to play while developing a love of learning in young children.
- Skillfully monitored the safety and well-being of 30 students at all times.
- Acquired proficiency in managing time effectively by efficiently responding to the varied needs of teachers, parents, and students.
- Earned award for outstanding performance by facilitating a hands-on mathematics program which was well received by fellow teachers and parents.
- Celebrated kindergarten graduation while reflecting on the meaningful milestone while considering future plans that will enable me to continue promoting early childhood development.
Pre K Teacher Resume Sample 11
- Planned and implemented lesson plans that effectively encouraged student exploration and involvement.
- Provided tutoring to several students; recognized by the school as a leader among tutors.
- Collaborated with university professors to create a math curriculum for a high school program.
- Gained certification as a teacher of English as a Second Language (ESL).
- Received a “Best of Show” award for a project in which students wrote a book while learning the basics of editing and publishing.
Pre K Teacher Resume Sample 12
- Led more than 50 students in a variety of activities such as poetry, creative drama, and creative writing.
- Established a reading clinic for elementary-age students; reviewed literature with parents and students.
- Conducted workshops for teachers on the inclusion of “special” children within early childhood classrooms, as well as good scripting practices.
- Received an award for excellence in education; praised by peers and school administration for my work on curriculum development and workshop leading.
- Conducted workshops on classroom management for teachers; shared effective strategies that were backed by statistical data from my classroom.
Pre K Teacher Resume Sample 13
- Awarded Student Leadership Award by the high school principal for effectively soliciting contributions at the Pancake Breakfast to raise money for the English as a Second Language (ESL) tutoring program.
- Accumulated 100+ hours of ESL tutoring experience to prepare for future entry into the ESL field; tutored Spanish-speaking students in English to promote academic achievement.
- Contributed as a summer camp counselor to help out-of-school youth develop life skills, including self-esteem and self-discovery, as well as academic skills.
- Evaluated own strengths and weaknesses as a teacher aide; presented ideas at weekly staff meetings for improvement of class structure and effectiveness of student interaction with peers and teachers.
- Cross-referenced personal goals with goals established by the school for advancement as a teacher.
Pre K Teacher Resume Sample 14
- Effectively taught multi-age group, incorporated fun into the subject matter, and ensured that all children in the class participated in the program.
- Fostered a positive classroom environment, highlighted students’ strengths in a school-wide report card and facilitated positive social interaction.
- Obtained a four-year degree in Early Childhood Education at a prestigious University.
- Organized and delivered presentations to parents on topics such as Early Childhood Education, Achievement Based Learning & Teaching, & Third Grade Reading.
- Pitched ideas to colleagues for innovative ways of improving performance/teaching methods.
Pre K Teacher Resume Sample 15
- Developed literacy program for new pre-schoolers; increased scores on developmental tests by 10%.
- Created classroom curriculum that includes themed activities that incorporate state-mandated objectives.
- Increased classroom safety awareness by instituting daily fire drills with preschoolers.
- Facilitated parent participation in classroom activities, while increasing parent involvement in the school’s PTA efforts.
- Received appreciation award for completing teacher development courses through an accredited institution of higher education while achieving excellence in the coursework assignments, receiving an A grade in each of the courses.
To work as a Pre K Teacher, you must have a Bachelor’s degree and certification in early childhood education, child development, or special education, also need to take a program called child development associate. Pre K Teachers must be flexible; excellent communication must be energized, understanding, emotionally stable, can handle stress, work with learning abilities, and be patient.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Pre K Teacher Resume Samples
- Pre K Teacher Resume Sample 1
- Pre K Teacher Resume Sample 2
- Pre K Teacher Resume Sample 3
- Pre K Teacher Resume Sample 4
- Pre K Teacher Resume Sample 5
- Pre K Teacher Resume Sample 6
- Pre K Teacher Resume Sample 7
- Pre K Teacher Resume Sample 8
- Pre K Teacher Resume Sample 9
- Pre K Teacher Resume Sample 10
- Pre K Teacher Resume Sample 11
- Pre K Teacher Resume Sample 12
- Pre K Teacher Resume Sample 13
- Pre K Teacher Resume Sample 14
- Pre K Teacher Resume Sample 15
- Wrap Up