These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Plant Manager resumes for your reference.
- Currently I am a plant manager at a fast pace sheet metal fabrication shop.
- Duties include managing day to day activities of upto 65 employees, managing the financials for the plant, creating daily production schedules and mentoring 6 managers.
- Leading and prompting a safe and and organized plant while maintaining a 5S culture.
- Oversee daily operations of varsity jacket/chenille patch plant consisting of 90 production and administrative personnel.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and implement required changes.
- Conduct training for new customers and refresher training for existing customers.
- Define objectives for production manager and supervisors regarding production goals, improvement initiatives, and standard work procedures.
- Organized daily operations of the precast and prestressed concrete facility, which employees75-90 people and produces bridge components, columns, beams, wall panels, stadium risers, etc.
- Coordinated with General Manager and Operations Manager to achieve goals of the production facility.
- Worked with Safety Manager for maintaining and promoting plant safety in accordance with company policies.
- Managed Foreman to ensure all crew members are engaged in productive work throughout the entire workday or are assigned to designated and pre-established job training, housekeeping.
- Revised blending procedures and programming to eliminate juice loss in blending for a savings of more than $200,000/year.
- Discovered and corrected a longstanding pasteurizer flow piping error which was causing delays from insufficient cooling.
- Improved KPak caser throughput and reduced nearly all associated product damage by modifying the infeed and adding a down package detector.
- This and other improvements in filler maintenance improved the line efficiency 25%.
- Developed a computerized preventive maintenance program to improve mechanical uptime.
- Aligned production goals to meet customer demand by scheduling production to complete tasks on an hour basis rather than a day basis.
- The change in planning increased on time delivery to customers by 15% and also allowed us to deliver 99.1% on time for 2015 and track for 2016.
- Assigned cross training teams with the task of coaching new operators on key machine operations.
- The exercise increased associates job knowledge, personal growth, and reduced downtime of operations.
- Directing production activities and ensuring strict adherence to cost and quality standards and taking immediate corrective action when deficiencies are noted.
- Directing all plant maintenance programs whether they be in house or subcontracted and seeing that new and revised maintenance procedures are in effect.
- Operating a safe work environment that exceeds OSHA requirements and assuring that all plant operations are in compliance with corporate policies and government regulations.
- Managing all aspects of a ready mix concrete operation which includes daily coordination between production, delivery, distribution and quality control personnel.
- Managed a plant that went from producing 140000 pounds of product per month to a plant that is producing 800000 pounds of product per month.
- Successfully managed and developed all production activities for an array of products.
- Accurately managed the inventory of all incoming and out going ingredients and products.
- Recommended and executed quality improvements for production and product quality.
- Responsible for contract compliance and providing Subject Matter Expert (SME) guidance to contractors and operators.
- Liaison between the Environmental Compliance and various State and Federal Agencies to ensure the Asset remains in compliance with all requirements.
- Monitors and tracks production schedules under Management Work Process (MWP).
- Responsible for opening and startup of plant operations including setup and layout of plant machinery and equipment, hiring, training, and evaluation of staff, developing molding and safety processes for 4 injection molding machines, and developing budgets and forecasts.
- Creation and implementation of new business operations as needs grew from 4 to 5 molding machines, including execution of painting, assembly, and sequencing.
- Supervised all manufacturing and administrative operations including maintaining budget to ensure production deadlines were met on time and on budget.
- Direct all business functions for Tier 1 and Tier 2 supplier programs at Peterbilt Motors while maintaining JIT delivery with 48-52 full time employees across a multi- shift operation.
- Full P&L responsibility for 48,000 square foot Denton facility during start up and growth phases.
- Growth from $120K monthly sales in 8/13 to current level of $700-$875K monthly sales.
- Maintain employee efficiency as well as labor and material variances, to achieve the highest profit margin in the Midwest division.
- Responsible for safe operations of sheet metal fabrication and light-medium assembly.
- Improved plant ranking from 67 to 36 in first year by implementing SOP’s and utilizing lean manufacturing techniques.
- Reduced overtime by 50% by implementing process flow scheduling and performance accountability.
- Successfully implemented Productivity Tracking Process thus increasing productivity 20%.
- Manage 20MM+ site responsible/accountable for planning, implementing and delivering financial/business G&O’s.
- Responsible for annual IPP (Injury Prevention Plan), business blue prints & P&E plans.
- Coordinate all maintenance on plant equipment and development of PM schedules.
- Mentor/Lead/Coach site leaders, engineers, quality, finance, interns and personnel to drive/execute results.