Educational Assistants provide administrative and clerical support to the institution. Their duties may include scheduling meetings and appointments, answering the phone and forwarding calls, typing and proofreading various documents, welcoming students and adults, providing first aid, keeping up with the school calendar, booking meetings and travel arrangements, and maintaining a pleasant office space.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Educational Assistant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Educational Assistant resumes for your reference.
Educational Assistant Resume Sample 1
- Assisted in the development of effective learning strategies and positive behavior management techniques for high school students with autism spectrum disorder, speech impediments, and intellectual disabilities.
- Facilitated daily living skills training including grooming, cooking, cleaning, employment preparation, money management, health/hygiene education and recreation activities.
- Provided coaching to students on socialization skills while maintaining a safe environment; recognized by school administration for exemplary performance.
- Promoted teamwork between staff members while providing supervision during internships; received appreciation plaque from Governor’s Council to acknowledge outstanding service.
- Established strong work ethic after initiating new standards for accuracy and detail in jobs organized filing system to increase efficiency of processing applications.
Educational Assistant Resume Sample 2
- Assisted in the development of educational curriculum for High School students with disabilities.
- Collaborated with Department Heads to provide administrative support, including filing, receiving faxes, and answering phones.
- Provided customer service support to school faculty, staff, parents/guardians who entered the school office.
- Trained substitute assistants on school procedures during absences; mentored part-time assistants to improve organizational skills.
- Coordinated volunteers that participated in classroom activities under teachers’ supervision; organized Volunteers’ Week events for over 100 participants.
Educational Assistant Resume Sample 3
- Trained students in the art of letter writing and used Microsoft Office for typing correspondence to parents.
- Provided administrative support by compiling data from research articles to create a newsletter for staff.
- Promoted understanding of ecological systems through hands-on science activities that taught sound observation skills and environmental awareness.
- Coordinated book drives, provided reading guidance, implemented early literacy intervention programs, and nurtured community involvement during service hours with PTA organizations at multiple schools.
- Performed a variety of clerical tasks such as drafting invoices, organizing files, updating spreadsheets, filing daily reports, etc., while serving as front desk receptionist at multiple offices.
Educational Assistant Resume Sample 4
- Provided academic assistance to 504 students in grades K-8.
- Provided guidance and encouragement for families involved with parental involvement program.
- Oversaw distribution of school supplies from office warehouse, scheduling deliveries, and distributing necessities to classrooms.
- Acted as a liaison between parents and teachers by developing a detailed calendar of child’s social events during the year.
- Increased school attendance by 10% through various communications with students, families, teachers, counselors, and other support staff members.
Educational Assistant Resume Sample 5
- Established an open door policy with faculty and students to foster collaborative problem solving.
- Provided research information for development of new policies, procedures, programs, services, and curriculum.
- Responded to inquiries by formulating accurate responses based on knowledge of subject matter; provided clarification to students via email or phone conversations.
- Prepared reports using Microsoft Office Suite including Excel spreadsheets containing tables and graphs; maintained records in accordance databases/spreadsheets.
- Tutored students in reading, writing, math ad study skills; also assessed student needs based on results of diagnostic tests.
Educational Assistant Resume Sample 6
- Organized and submitted all report cards for students, teacher submitted grades to the district office.
- Maintained records by compiling all special education reports, inputted data into computer file system, and distributed files in student folders kept in confidential locked filing cabinets.
- Updated daily old entry attendance and advised students on payment options when delinquent; frequently refiled payment reminder notices in student file folder for collection follow-ups.
- Monitored all incoming and outgoing mail for 15 teachers; presented unread mail to staff at daily departmental meetings. Greatly reduced damage frequency of lost or misdirected school mail through use of ZIP+4 barcodes that expedited sorted deliveries.
- Organized Teacher In-Service workshops, networked with other schools across the state via monthly PTA meetings and organized teacher appreciation luncheons.
Educational Assistant Resume Sample 7
- Accomplished administrative tasks for school administration staff.
- Greeted students, parents, and faculty with a smile.
- Supported teachers by providing various materials for classroom use.
- Distributed information packets to staff members, students, parents, and volunteers.
- Completed special projects related to individual education plans (IEP) for students receiving special services.
Educational Assistant Resume Sample 8
- Maintained confidentiality of students; kept accurate records; implemented appropriate routines.
- Colocated with classroom teachers to ensure safety and security for children in school setting.
- Effectively communicated between parents, students, administration, and staff to implement positive student behavior control techniques.
- Promoted teamwork by maintaining effective relationships; concisely presented ideas; positively influenced decision making process through positivity and motivation.
- Achieved exemplary customer services skills within the educational community by establishing rapport with superiors, staff members, faculty members, students, parents, alumni groups.
Educational Assistant Resume Sample 9
- Provided supervision of students during recess and lunch; maintained safe and proper conduct of young students on school playground.
- Assigned to special projects such as updating student files, maintaining the library catalog, and developing new procedures for assistance with registration.
- Noted for outstanding attendance/punctuality among fellow employees after being hired three months ahead of initial starting date due to outstanding performance.
- Received a state-level award in recognition for over ten years of dedicated work at a nonpro?t organization serving emotionally disturbed adolescents.
- Developed critical thinking skills through rigorous coursework requiring the analysis of information from various secondary sources leading to valid conclusions concerning learner responses to multiple intelligence approaches.
Educational Assistant Resume Sample 10
- Assisted students of all ages in retaining knowledge and mastering subject matrices.
- Collaborated effectively with parents, teachers, administrators, distance education consultants, local community colleges, universities, private schools, businesses and other educational organizations to provide services within the parameters of their particular education programs.
- Presented workshops on how to work with special needs children at various elementary schools in the district.
- Managed two accounts for online coursework in foreign languages; verified student information before payment processing.
- Facilitated computer usage in the classroom when coordinating classes in Microsoft Office 2010 applications.
Educational Assistant Resume Sample 11
- Welcome and direct visitors, distribute and gather interoffice mail and express deliveries.
- Assist in monthly supply ordering process for the school.
- Required to use discretion when dealing with confidential information while maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Create new filing system that reduced paper, time spent looking for misplaced documents by 50%.
- Promoted to Team Leader of ten Educational Assistants; managed daily operations while consistently achieving 100% customer satisfaction rating.
Educational Assistant Resume Sample 12
- Handled communications with parents, psychologists, and the community.
- Preserved student records; maintained confidentiality of privileged information.
- Provided assistance to other educators in the development of lesson plans and instructional strategies for behavior management.
- Aided students in preparation for college entrance exams by offering test-taking tips and practice exercises.
- Gave presentations to professional organizations on topics such as teaching special populations and classroom management techniques.
To work as an Educational Assistant, you may or may not need a high school diploma, though some institutions require a Bachelor’s degree. You must demonstrate organization, strong writing and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, timeliness, the ability to multitask, a personable and people-oriented attitude, computer skills, and familiarity with basic office equipment and software such as Microsoft Office applications.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Educational Assistant Resume Samples
- Educational Assistant Resume Sample 1
- Educational Assistant Resume Sample 2
- Educational Assistant Resume Sample 3
- Educational Assistant Resume Sample 4
- Educational Assistant Resume Sample 5
- Educational Assistant Resume Sample 6
- Educational Assistant Resume Sample 7
- Educational Assistant Resume Sample 8
- Educational Assistant Resume Sample 9
- Educational Assistant Resume Sample 10
- Educational Assistant Resume Sample 11
- Educational Assistant Resume Sample 12
- Wrap Up