A Cleaning Supervisor tells the cleaning crew what to do, and then they watch them do it. Their duties include ensuring all procedures are being followed; there are enough employees to complete the job, supplying the supplies, addressing concerns, scheduling, and hiring and firing workers under them.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Cleaning Supervisor Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Cleaning Supervisor resumes for your reference.
Cleaning Supervisor Resume Sample 1
- Coordinated and controlled warehouse, transport, and storage of materials for nine facilities.
- Directed blue-collar staff of eighteen male workers for efficient completion of cleaning tasks.
- Collaborated with male professional organizers to educate staff members on proper workplace hygiene, time management skills, and quantity production capability.
- Trained twelve college-aged female workers to maintain office equipment, organize thematically-themed calendars, and perform multi-tasking clerical tasks.
- Developed a highly efficient system for facilitating the exchange of information between three managers and their respective staff members.
Cleaning Supervisor Resume Sample 2
- Designed and oversaw a new cleaning staff at a local auto dealership.
- Organized data systems for reconciling the payroll.
- Analyzed, balanced, and summarized insurance claims, prepared summary reports of errors, performed all tax forms for ten employees, prepared expense vouchers for the owner.
- Maintained all equipment in compliance with federal standards.
- Kept budget records in compliance with federal standards.
Cleaning Supervisor Resume Sample 3
- Supervised and trained a team of twelve cleaning and grounds maintenance workers.
- Organized, scheduled, and ensured completion of more than one hundred diverse cleaning projects every week.
- Provided solutions for improved efficiency of each task’s project development, material purchasing, and work completion.
- Established new grounds maintaining standards of landscaping maintenance after more than doubling the attendance at school athletic events.
- Achieved a reduction of water use by one-third after revising the landscaping irrigation system design.
Cleaning Supervisor Resume Sample 4
- Organized company/resource records, correspondence, financials, paper, and other materials.
- Created standard operating procedures for all forms of mail.
- Managed an average of 6 accounts per day each with 50-60 administrative tasks each month.
- Directly assisted in the management of three times that volume with an annual volume of 175-200 accounts each year.
- Received resident’s open house awards twice during the prior two years while overseeing an average of 12-14 staff positions during the same time period.
Cleaning Supervisor Resume Sample 5
- Attended five months of courses in Fire Prevention, Industrial Sanitation, and Customer Services.
- Handled tough situations diplomatically while delivering 1,000s of pieces of mail daily, managing six employees, and supervising twenty maintenance crew members.
- Assisted janitorial contractor in reducing employee turnover rate by 20% while overseeing $500K building scheduled cleaning, service-day correspondence, utility billing invoices to schools and other city offices.
- Cited for high-quality work while saving $20K yearly through combined cleanup scheduling with a janitorial contractor to cut costs for city offices.
- Designed and implemented new repair procedures after analyzing ten years’ records related to poor service, high employee turnover, and high costs.
Cleaning Supervisor Resume Sample 6
- Set up, manned, and supervised an industrial warehouse for five years.
- Cleaned restrooms, classrooms, floors, furniture, equipment, and office spaces with frequency.
- Handled most standard office tasks including typing letters with accuracy.
- Managed multiple cleaning teams of five individuals who are capable of varying degrees of productivity.
- Trained the administrative staff members on managerial responsibilities including time management and constructive feedback to employees.
Cleaning Supervisor Resume Sample 7
- Increased and maintained a flawless health and safety record for 8 years as custodian supervisor.
- Raised $600 for community outreach programs by organizing school, church, and civic support groups.
- Recruited four new custodians to our department to relieve over-worked staff during periods of illness and turnover.
- Managed an $80,000 annual budget to provide cleaning services for eight buildings and 35 classrooms daily.
- Built positive working relationships with all staff members to eliminate workplace internal conflicts.
Cleaning Supervisor Resume Sample 8
- Supervised office personnel, including office manager, typist, stenographer, and clerk.
- Submitted clerical reports that united business decisions with administrative activities.
- Responded to inquiry letters from the public regarding product misuse problems.
- Conducted daily stock control inventory of cleaning supplies for five weeks from May through June 1992. Conducted day-to-day operations of one branch for four weeks in March 1993.
- Collected and screened customer complaints against the work environment and employee attitude in order to solve customer problems in a timely manner in November 1994.
Cleaning Supervisor Resume Sample 9
- Supervised and trained personnel to deliver cleaning contracts resulting in nearly $5,000 monthly income for businesses.
- Trained personnel to fully develop cleaning systems for offices, properties, and vehicles resulting in nearly $15,000 monthly income for businesses.
- Prepared weekly operational reports on billing, productivity, attendance, customer satisfaction status for consideration by senior management.
- Obtained new accounts through networking with extensive business contacts I developed during five years of working as a janitor/cleaner in the region.
- Obtained new accounts through networking with contacts I developed through my participation with volunteer groups.
Cleaning Supervisor Resume Sample 10
- Helped man and woman to clean over 1800 square feet of office space including the stairways, hallways, and restrooms.
- Increased job performance by 30% through effective training and development strategies.
- Trained coworkers in record-keeping and filing procedures which facilitated accurate time and attendance records.
- Established new expectations for employee accountability while improving customer relations through superior customer service satisfaction rates.
- Accomplished organizational growth while fostering personal growth through cooperative teamwork.
Cleaning Supervisor Resume Sample 11
- Learned to influence, motivate, and work with others to accomplish tasks within tasks.
- Identified quality in individuals, teams, and overall work products.
- Maintained a clean office environment by organizing supplies, equipment, files, and furniture.
- Leveraged communications and networked to take the lead in national equipment maintenance and repair.
- Maximized finances by improving the acquisition of the new business and negotiating better rates, which raised annual revenues over $350,000.
Cleaning Supervisor Resume Sample 12
- Developed new methods for reducing clutter and increasing workplace productivity.
- Implemented innovative, biodegradable cleaning products that saved the company $500 per year in chemical costs.
- Four years of customer satisfaction led to lengthy, repeated business with commercial clients including The State Government, The Federal Government, and The Lee County Government.
- Scored highly on all key performance indicators through the establishment of standardized work procedures and effective time management.
- Trained two subordinates to become Cleaning Supervisors within six months.
Cleaning Supervisor Resume Sample 13
- Oversaw the cleaning of thirty department stores in the United States, including sealing drive-thru windows, polishing countertops, sweeping / vacuuming/shampooing floors, and dusting shelves.
- Meticulously maintained areas with exceptional cleanliness standards by personally inspecting restrooms for hand washing hints, product replenishment, and stocked toilet tissue.
- Developed a plan of daily activities to promote employee morale, customer satisfaction, and public image for 12 franchise locations.
- Overcame obstacles including heavy snowfall on commercial property rooftops to ensure hearty carpet cleaning at five study abroad student housing facilities.
- Fingerprinted, registered with U.S. State Department, and legally changed my name in order to obtain green card in the United States.
Cleaning Supervisor Resume Sample 14
- Involved in organizing, lifting, and transporting supplies for janitorial and maintenance tasks.
- Observed and reported hazards and unsafe conditions within insured facilities.
- Performed cleaning tasks to remove graffiti from school entryway murals.
- Attended 45 hours of training over 5 months to learn Wash/Sanitation procedures to control the spread of disease among vulnerable populations.
- Conducted employee meetings about safety procedures, rights, and benefits for 15 multilingual workers.
Cleaning Supervisor Resume Sample 15
- Increased office morale by motivating staff for heightened levels of productivity.
- Organized and maintained all records for building upkeep, cleanup, and safety.
- Administered cleaning supplies including hazardous waste for floor waxing, stove maintenance, and carpet cleaning.
- Trained new staff to respond to building emergencies requiring evacuation procedures or fire safety preparation.
- Improved building billing and gained new clients by obtaining competitive discount pricing for their services.
To work as a Cleaning Supervisor, you must have a high school diploma, a degree in hospitality, experience in the field of janitorial. Cleaning Supervisor must have excellent communication skills, good at organization and coordination, getting along with others, working with a team, excellent decision-making skills, understanding guidelines in customer service, and being active in the line of duty.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.