An Ophthalmic Assistant is responsible for the examination, treatment, and maintenance of patients’ eyes. Duties include administering eye exams, removing foreign objects from patients’ eyes, recording results, and making recommendations. The top skills for this position are customer service, medical knowledge, medical procedures, medical equipment use, and stress management. A high school diploma or equivalent is required for this position, as well as a training certification from an accredited program.
The Best Ophthalmic Assistant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Ophthalmic Assistant resumes for your reference.
- Disinfected, assembled, and cleaned ophthalmic instruments in compliance with all appropriate government regulations.
- Developed positive relationships within the community by fulfilling the vision needs of low-income families.
- Synthesized color blindness testing concerns into improved lens designs for clinical patients using computer graphic programs.
- Implemented department procedures regarding sterile conditions to allow doctors to perform surgeries without risk of infection or disease transmission.
- Consistently scored above average on customer service evaluations; successfully achieved goals for client satisfaction.
- Provided a complete examination of the eyes, including a staining procedure to detect corneal irregularities.
- Prepared patients for surgical procedures and exams according to pre-operative orders under the supervision of an ophthalmologist.
- Assisted in performing pre-operative tests during testing days.
- Communicated with referring physicians and identified candidates for consultations as requested by doctors during regular office hours.
- Instructed patients on eyeglass care, eye diseases, and treatments as needed.
- Implemented standard operating procedures to ensure the proper function of equipment. Maintained inventory and logged data into the system.
- Identified patterns inpatient treatment that led to improved workflow efficiency, reduced costs by $10,000 per month, standardized testing procedures, and increased clinic revenue by $890,000.
- Achieved 20% higher customer satisfaction scores than any other branch due to proactive problem resolution approach; recognized as Employee of the Year.
- A presented report analyzing vision care divisional costs and collection results after successful implementation of company-wide process changes.
- Advised patients on eye health care improvements resulting from new optical lens technology during Operation Look Better Month events.
- Perform a variety of tasks to ensure accurate and timely production of ophthalmic lenses.
- Exceeded quota by producing over 45,000 units when assigned to work on Sunday; recognized by Supervisor for outstanding performance.
- Provided extremely effective customer service such as responding quickly and professionally in high-pressure situations.
- Achieved award for meeting quality control standards based on a percentage of errors observed in each batch.
- Received appreciation from President after receiving an order for 50 additional machines; recognized for initiative and business acumen.
- Developed rapport with patient and family during patient exams in a long-term care facility.
- Accomplished Ophthalmic Assistant duties in a variety of areas including front office, hospital, surgery center, and optical dispensary.
- Provided detailed documentation of the Ophthalmic Assistant process to coding consultants, ensuring proper reimbursement for all services rendered.
- Awarded Company’s Excellence in Achievement Award; provided information on travel vision safety after witnessing an auto accident involving a client while traveling in another state.
- Recognized as a leader by peers and company executives following implementation of a new procedure in the department resulting in increased productivity and reduced cycle time from two days to less than one hour.
- Maintained patient’s charts by keeping them updated with detailed notes.
- Administered visual field tests, eye drop administration for dilation, tonometry, fluorescein angiography gdx, refract patients and assisted Doctor in minor surgeries.
- Clean and sterilize instruments, and provide a clean work environment for doctors and patient.
- Assisted Ophthalmologists with in-house procedures such as lasers and injections as needed.
- Interviewed and recorded patient medical history via electronic data entry.
- Coordinated the daily office flow of all patients through their ophthalmic visits.
- Ensured patient’s understanding of physicians’ diagnosis, instructions, and treatment.
- Greeted patients, answered phones, documented insurances, prepared billing information, Maintained doctor-patient schedule, performed clerical duties.
- Performed autorefraction, non-contact tonometry, and papillary distance measurements.
- Obtained patient medical history and investigated chief complaints.
- Performed Visual Field Testing, Optical Coherence Tomography, and Assessed Intraocular pressure through Tono pen or applanation.
- Set up sterile field with instrumentation and assisted physicians with Intra ocular injections.
- Competently administered VA testing in adult and pediatric patients.
- Assisted patients in making the right choices based on their needs and personalities.
- Used personal contacts to bring in new vendors, and maintained inventory.
- Participated in implementation of a new patients privacy system, with business owners’ support.
- Assisted physician with procedures such as chalazion excisions, entropians, and extropians, blepharoplasty, and lid lesion excisions.
- Scheduled cataract extractions, cataract surgery aftercare, and education.
- Maintained positive relationships with all ophthalmic drug company representatives.
- Multi-tasked general office duties such as answering multiple telephone lines, scheduling appointments, and scheduling out-patient testing or procedures for patients.
- Interviewed patients to obtain medical information and administered pretesting.
- Authorized drug refills and provided detailed prescription information to pharmacies.
- Adeptly managed multi-line phone system pleasantly greeted all patients and registered patients.
- Professionally and courteously scheduled and verified appointment times with patients.
- Assisted doctors with non-invasive procedures; obtained consent forms as necessary.
- Collected and calculated diagnostic data; and ensured to remain current with documentation guidelines.
- Recognized an emergency situation and initiated an appropriate plan of action.
- Assisted in the orientation of new employees, and recognized and utilized opportunities to teach other staff members.
- Performed basic and routine vision screenings examinations, and recorded data in standard format.
- Managed to administered eye medications as ordered by the Ophthalmologists.
- Performed liaison duties between patients, referring physicians, and hospital staff.
- Served as Contact Lens Specialist ordering contacts and providing instruction in the proper use of contacts to patients.
- Conducted screening and provided assistance to patients needing to be seen over the weekend.
- Scheduled surgeries, prepared patients for physician visits, provided pre-operative counseling, and performed eye testing and evaluation.
- Established solid patient relationships while demonstrating the ability to work well under pressure and applying solid decision-making skills.
- Coordinate referrals to outside facilities through third-party vendors for further testing.
- Prepared doctor’s rooms, uncovering equipment, and escorting patients to an exam room.
- Performed visual acuity, manual intraocular pressure, color tests, and drops for dilation.
- Assist Doctor with minor procedures and lasers using Medflow software; sterilized instruments, and performed Humphrey Visual Field Testing (HVF) and Pachymetry Testing.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.