Mortgage Bankers approve or turn down a mortgage application; they also act as advisors to potential borrowers by helping them choose which option is best for their situation or needs. Their duties include getting clients, finance information, completing and processing mortgage applications, handling sales, refinancing mortgages, attending real estate meetings.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Mortgage Banker Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Mortgage Banker resumes for your reference.
Mortgage Banker Resume Sample 1
- Accepted applications for home mortgages and initiated the mortgage loan process.
- Performed pre-loan credit analysis and evaluation of loan applications.
- Directed the closing of pre-approved home mortgage loans.
- Resolved customer disputes and complaints and responded to government regulations and banking company policy.
- Achieved regional recognition for outstanding mortgage loan volume; awarded an automobile as a corporate incentive.
Mortgage Banker Resume Sample 2
- Processed loan applications, evaluated loan guidelines, and efficiently handled urgent customer requests.
- Communicated effectively, both verbally and in writing, to support clients’ needs.
- Collaborated with the Regional Manager to establish profit goals for sales representatives.
- Earned Billings awards for profitable loan originations.
- Achieved sales award; met or exceeded financial benchmarks established by the regional manager.
Mortgage Banker Resume Sample 3
- Helped secure necessary funding to meet tight schedules.
- Conducted credit checks on customers, examined loan terms with bank officers, and investigated loan applications with compliance officers.
- Identified gaps in existing capital sources to fill the gaps.
- Determined which type of financing company (i.e., commercial, non-profit) would be most suitable for each applicant with the goal of generating additional revenues by increasing customer retention.
- Helped set up new credit lines for banks; developed relationships between banks and vendors in order to secure new customers for banks, insured that bank loans were properly processed, and ensured timely delivery of funds to the vendor’s bank account.
Mortgage Banker Resume Sample 4
- Restructured mortgage packages with the assistance of the Senior Loan Officer with approval from clients.
- Processed loans in accordance to lending guidelines; effectively interviewed clients to determine credit worthiness and ensure proper documentation.
- Distributed, at the onset of an emergency, donated supplies to families affected by Hurricane Katrina.
- Secured transaction for a multi-million dollar syndicated loan; recognized with an award by Regional Manager for outstanding efforts.
- Provided assistance during a three-month mortgage banking shutdown due to a hurricane; resolved issues and learned valuable lessons from experience.
Mortgage Banker Resume Sample 5
- Appointed sole agent for a large regional mortgage lender.
- Responsible for development of new business referrals by advocating for customer needs, offering solutions for frustrated customers, and providing superior service.
- Met lending guidelines introduced by the FHA, VA, and Fannie Mae without exception.
- Achieved highest sales volume in all regions of responsibility within one year.
- Reorganization led to improvement of loan approval rates.
Mortgage Banker Resume Sample 6
- Maintained a clean and orderly office environment.
- Developed a thorough understanding of federal and state regulations, tracking procedures, and internal procedures for loan processing.
- Assigned loan files to appropriate processing teams based on internal guidelines.
- Performed an extensive amount of paperwork to ensure accuracy in the performance of employee’s duties.
- Developed a thorough understanding of the financial status of the bank as well as an ability to identify potential problems using multiple financial reports.
Mortgage Banker Resume Sample 7
- Filed, reviewed, and analyzed mortgage applications.
- Managed loan applicants’ needs by adjusting the terms of the loan according to their ability to repay.
- Identified sources of funding for lenders and steered new business according to financial resource availability.
- Coordinated multiple vendors and service companies for landlord-approved repairs, maintenance, and improvements of apartment complexes.
- Established credit rating for borrowers based on annual percentage rate (APR) and verified income information.
Mortgage Banker Resume Sample 8
- Served as a liaison between mortgage brokers and regional managers to ensure home mortgage loans were acquired in a timely manner.
- Provided accurate monthly reports for company portfolio scores, allowing period closed loans to be marked as delinquent after 120 days.
- Instructed loan officers on the best practices of banking regulations relating to mortgage lending.
- Interpreted government regulations, conducted training seminars, prepared the bank for compliance with the Federal Department of Housing and Urban Development requirements relating to mortgage originations, and communicated regulatory controls to loan officers.
- Streamlined bank procedures; reduced time for loan officer approval from three days to one day; saved company over $47,500 annually.
Mortgage Banker Resume Sample 9
- Assisted returning customers with refinance loans.
- Achieved a total loan production of $250,000 during a two-month period, which was 10% above the company’s minimum quota.
- Helped the company maintain a cost-to-income ratio of 60%.
- Negotiated favorable terms for several home mortgage refinances using creative restructuring strategies.
- Closed a customer’s escrow account for a value of $10 million in a timely and accurate manner.
Mortgage Banker Resume Sample 10
- Created marketing strategies that lead to an increase in loan applications, resulting in over $1M in approved loans within the first year of employment.
- Recognized by Regional Management for outstanding performance in achieving a 57% increase in loan applications and a 30% decrease in the number of loan delinquencies.
- Assisted new homeowners with closing their mortgages through a new program designed to provide support during settlement and homeownership transition.
- Recruited three of my friends to be a part of a network designed to facilitate the spread of information on mortgage lending guidelines.
- Directed a team of three people in the preparation of financial analysis, marketing strategies, and business plans for new lending programs.
Mortgage Banker Resume Sample 11
- Maintained track of best bid and asked on competitively priced, quality goods.
- Identified fraudulent applications for loans and submitted them to the appropriate office.
- Assembly line managed loan writers to ensure timely completion of all process, per lender guidelines.
- Trained Loan Officers in the proper procedures for closing competitively priced loans in less than 30 days.
- Achieved an outstanding rating on customer satisfaction survey by referring customers with low scores to lenders who were willing to assist them.
Mortgage Banker Resume Sample 12
- Established $100Million dollar mortgage portfolio to earn recognition as one of the top five branch managers.
- Ensured compliance with the housing finance guidelines; provided oversight for underwriting, processing, and funding of home loans.
- Resolved customer calls within minutes; recognized by the CEO for exemplary customer service.
- Reached across branches to develop working relationships with other lenders to expand loan options for customers.
- Reduced mortgage delinquency rates by 30%, decreased 90-day past-due mortgage loans by 55%, and reduced charge offs by 20%.
Mortgage Banker Resume Sample 13
- Qualified customers for loans within the required guidelines.
- Developed rapport with customers to obtain information that qualified customers for loans.
- Provided explanations of loan programs for customers to understand financing options.
- Directed customers to appropriate departments for their specific needs to increase customer service satisfaction.
- Participated in company training regarding new products, services, and financial opportunities to stay up-to-date on changes to bank offerings.
To work as a Mortgage Banker, you should have graduated from a state-accredited school with an associate degree in finance, have a track record of closing sales for three years, a year of service in this profession or industry. Mortgage Bankers must know how to use the underwriting software, analytical skills, basic math skills, Microsoft office program, communication skills, FHA and HUD, and excellent writing skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Mortgage Banker Resume Samples
- Mortgage Banker Resume Sample 1
- Mortgage Banker Resume Sample 2
- Mortgage Banker Resume Sample 3
- Mortgage Banker Resume Sample 4
- Mortgage Banker Resume Sample 5
- Mortgage Banker Resume Sample 6
- Mortgage Banker Resume Sample 7
- Mortgage Banker Resume Sample 8
- Mortgage Banker Resume Sample 9
- Mortgage Banker Resume Sample 10
- Mortgage Banker Resume Sample 11
- Mortgage Banker Resume Sample 12
- Mortgage Banker Resume Sample 13
- Wrap Up