An Oracle Consultant develops, customizes, supports, and maintains the Oracle applications. Their duties include taking functional specifications, troubleshooting and supporting existing database, designing database structure, developing forms and reports, training users, and ensuring SD tickets are resolved.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Oracle Consultant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Oracle Consultant resumes for your reference.
Oracle Consultant Resume Sample 1
- Consulted with the provider team to develop specifications for an international insurance company’s system re-engineering project; overhauled business practices and data flow.
- Resolved database inconsistencies in international payroll system; handled 7,000+ accounts for 10,000+ employees across 4 countries.
- Volunteered to work over extra hours without penalty pay; volunteered to help outside of work hours when necessary.
- Discovered new executive applications for Oracle software in finance, personnel, and production; implemented new enterprise resource planning (ERP) solutions in China within 18 months.
- Strongly increased customer satisfaction by troubleshooting issues at all levels of the organization including executive level problems.
Oracle Consultant Resume Sample 2
- Demonstrated mastery of all facets of Oracle Database Server and associated applications.
- Developed, maintained, and optimized business applications for both internal and external clients.
- Identified and disseminated best practices to improve business performance for thousands of users throughout the company.
- Actively promoted innovative designs for all interfaces between the many applications supporting the business processes.
- Performed as a team member in successful demonstration projects receiving praise and accolades from peers and corporate leadership alike.
Oracle Consultant Resume Sample 3
- Developed methods to facilitate computer-based training for H1B, certified replacement, and certified extraordinary visas.
- Researched, implemented, and standardized many processes involving computer-based training software.
- Developed entire packages of software tools to generate, analyze, optimize, and share information throughout the company.
- Worked with 400 trainers to provide specific directions for individuals with limited knowledge of computers to develop proficiency using programs.
- Worked with 100 desks containing 16000 computers simultaneously achieving processing speed of 50000 on a daily basis; realized new potentials for human sharing, cooperation, and diplomacy after developing relationships between employees.
Oracle Consultant Resume Sample 4
- Designed and developed a self-service application for supporting credit card and loan accounts; project received the 1998 Sales Excellence Award.
- Resolved successive issues, created an integrated data framework, and reduced the response time of the system by over 97% for a new telecommunications functionality; established a state-of-the-art architecture for these features.
- Performed three system integrations with different handheld devices totaling over 10 million lines of code; established stable architectures for extending applications to numerous hand-held devices.
- Developed multiple web service interfaces to enable automated tests on product upgrades; created development tools for rapidly prototyping web services clients.
- Successfully completed Phase I and Phase II evaluations for the Oracle Service Bus and the Oracle Platform Security Services; performed system and security assessments for several large-scale data centers.
Oracle Consultant Resume Sample 5
- Maintained database integrity by installing and setting parameters for Oracle8i software; qualified, trained, and thoroughly tested DBA staff; assisted in system design; implemented new systems; installed and tested Oracle8i database components.
- Closed database modification request within six hours of first contact.
- Closed two requests for enhancements within one hour of first contact.
- Responded to information security issues by closing SSA/SSO configuration problems within the company in less than thirty minutes.
- Performed four system monitoring operations; responded to host failures in minutes; addressed problems with no more than eight hours of start-up time.
Oracle Consultant Resume Sample 6
- Created an Oracle-based enterprise information system for medical information retrieval by software engineers.
- Designed the installation of the medical information system on an unoccupied IBM mainframe with 100% success rate on multiple tests of system functionality and performance.
- Recommended that Oracle Corporation purchase the established system.
- Assisted in establishing data base security, data integrity, and integrity of the DBA staff.
- Updated client’s application software to meet client’s needs with effectiveness and efficiency using Oracle databases.
Oracle Consultant Resume Sample 7
- Used Oracle to develop project applications, including Web-based interfaces, Java applets, and database applications.
- Researched and implemented new features to improve existing application design.
- Used object-oriented design techniques to simplify the design of the application.
- Communicated with internal developers at other organizations.
- Conducted technical training seminars for internal staff in support of SAP development effort.
Oracle Consultant Resume Sample 8
- Retrofitted off-the-shelf software solutions for a Fortune 500 consumer products company by coding business logic, data validation, and data cleansing.
- Customized existing systems to fit a client’s business objectives by writing code to facilitate change management, user experience enhancements, and report enhancements.
- Enhanced reporting capabilities for a start-up company that was acquired by a well-known multinational corporation; improved reporting accuracy and efficiency that resulted in improved decision-making abilities within the organization.
- Designed and implemented a high-availability, high-performance, and scalable online transaction processing system to meet financial transaction deadlines by implementing an automated nightly batch process.
- Added value to client organization by conducting research and analysis on emerging technologies that were later integrated into their product offerings.
Oracle Consultant Resume Sample 9
- Assisted in the complete rewrite of application software by identifying module interferences, tracking discrepancies, and searching for solutions with programming tools.
- Researched and used computerized tools, including debuggers, to isolate problems with data communication process; assisted in the design of the new communication protocol.
- Developed computer programs using object-oriented programming concepts to control & facilitate the flow of product information to end users.
- Participated in revision efforts of product documentation to provide accurate information for endusers; edited technical manuals, training guides.
- Conceived idea that aided in saving company $20k per year by changing order entry program from manual to electronic process.
Oracle Consultant Resume Sample 10
- Provided Fortune 500 clients with technical solutions to improve the quality of their graphic design, video production, multimedia applications, and database management.
- Achieved highest production from self-directed team on multimedia project with six-month completion deadline; met all milestones by 3 months early.
- Established web site visits over 1 million per month; exceeded the annual goal. (Users came to view video clips produced in house.)
- Updated Oracle forms programming to meet company’s changing needs; performed all conversion tasks within budget and ahead of schedule.
- Contributed to company’s growth as a progressive organization through ability to solve any problems presented.
Oracle Consultant Resume Sample 11
- Developed and maintained e-commerce solutions for customers; custom developed applications, implemented architectures, and tested them during production runs.
- Successfully converted over 500 lines of COBOL into Oracle 11g; used extensive knowledge of functions presents within programming languages (COBOL, RPG, PL/SQL, C++), to develop graphics libraries.
- Researched and developed solution procedures to correct high level programming errors in corrupted code bases.
- Successfully resolved issues with customer quality requirements pertaining to the production of electronic components within the semiconductor industry.
- Effectively coordinated communication between project stakeholders and customers concerning the development and use of production prototypes, based on customers’ requirements.
Oracle Consultant Resume Sample 12
- Developed new Oracle Database technologies with regard to scalability, high availability, and performance.
- Configured first Oracle system on an IBM midrange computer.
- Configured or developed custom DB queries for clients with complex requirements, including real-time requirements involving stock/ETF quotes.
- Leads team of engineers in developing realistic test plans for application’s reliability.
- Performed air conditioning design, installation, and performance analyses at a global enterprise information technology firm; met deadlines and objectives despite industry-specific challenges including HVAC industry power outages and delays causing building tenant significant downtime and delays in project completion.
To work as an Oracle Consultant, you need a bachelor’s degree in computer or information science, a business, or a liberal arts degree with skills in information technology. An Oracle Consultant must have previous experience in business intelligence or using Oracle, excellent interpersonal skills, analytical and problem-solving skills, possess an understanding of Oracle technology areas, have programming skills, a good understanding of database, knowledge, and experience with collaborating tools.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.