An Information Technology Manager oversees computer needs of a company. Their duties include planning how to meet computer needs of the company, making sure the computer network is secure, deciding when upgrades are necessary, evaluating project costs, reviewing new technology, and supervising other IT personnel.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Information Technology Assistant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Information Technology Assistant resumes for your reference.
Information Technology Assistant Resume Sample 1
- Supervised three technicians; established new computer systems for the Regional Office; installed new operating systems.
- Provided assistance when requested to resolve software bugs, configuration issues, and hardware problems.
- Assisted several user groups in resolving technical problems related to their assigned PCs; provided assistance in troubleshooting network, modem, and phone problems.
- Accomplished complex tasks with accuracy and precision to meet departmental deadlines.
- Received awards from supervisor for exceptional performance. Recruitment materials highlighted exceptional job performance, project-based accomplishments, and customer service skills.
Information Technology Assistant Resume Sample 2
- Completed two courses and was awarded a certificate and a promotion to manage multiple projects and oversee other team members.
- Designed and developed a payroll reporting system for human resources that was later implemented throughout the corporation after receiving several accolades from senior management.
- Successfully managed two projects simultaneously, one involving the installation of computer systems incorporate sites as well as training personnel to use applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Was given additional responsibility as a computer systems trainer; standardized procedures for training new employees.
- Developed systems that included data entry, spreadsheet analysis, and database management.
Information Technology Assistant Resume Sample 3
- Configured both hardware and software for support of the enterprise network.
- Configured software applications to meet the needs of users.
- Created backup plans for data recovery, configured networking equipment, added redundant routes to networks.
- Performed application research to determine the need for upgrades to management systems, conducted system maintenance after upgrades, conducted user training sessions on new applications.
- Configured new servers, set up network security policies to protect systems.
Information Technology Assistant Resume Sample 4
- Assisted the Deputy County Administrator with creating County computer-operated programs.
- Designed worksheets using Excel spreadsheets; assembled, organized, and interpreted data for presentation to County council.
- Skilled in converting digitized maps into an editable format.
- Collaborated with staff to coordinate the use of software used to analyze departmental production methods for statistical variance analysis.
- Achieved award for technical excellence; worked with team members to improve deliverables by more than 20% through the implementation of new technologies.
Information Technology Assistant Resume Sample 5
- Completed associate’s degree program in computer science and was awarded a scholarship from the New York City chapter of the Association of Information Technology Professionals as a result of my academic excellence.
- Achieved awards from Cisco Systems, Inc. for product sales achievement and sales performance; constructed initial routing tables for new routers and developed a sustainable corporate-wide installation standard for IOS access lists.
- Maintained specified customer service standards with a 97% or higher satisfaction rating with customers based on CSAT surveys; completed assignments on time according to project plan completion dates.
- Tested information security standards through vulnerability assessment and penetration testing, developing solutions to safeguard the organization’s network infrastructure against malicious attacks.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively compiled data for support of company policies and procedures, including assistive technology for individuals with disabilities.
Information Technology Assistant Resume Sample 6
- Set up and support firewall, anti-spam filters, and other security measures.
- Performed routine system backups; maintained all hardware compatibility.
- Troubleshot and repaired printers; installed scanner, installed software; wrote Microsoft Word documentation; operated copier.
- Replaced parts in malfunctioning equipment; proactively scheduled preventive maintenance (PM).
- Achieved award for the highest annual salary based on evaluations of peers for accurate data input, the accuracy of scheduling individual deliverables, timely follow through on deliverables, dependability in meeting deadlines, reliability in completing tasks.
Information Technology Assistant Resume Sample 7
- Used the approved vendor’s database in producing daily reports by bank schedules.
- Used computer skills for online banking transactions; established online banking sign-in privileges for the manager and assistant managers.
- Communicated weekly system information to assistant managers; accurately assigned tasks to subordinates.
- Accurately filed customer documentation in designated binder; adhered to deadlines set by supervisor.
- Created, programmed, and implemented software programs for data processing activities; developed training materials used by technical personnel.
Information Technology Assistant Resume Sample 8
- Managed all aspects of the network with a special focus on server management. Solved problems that prevented equipment from functioning properly.
- Compiled files for off-site archiving; identified the most effective method to store data.
- Hired and personally trained new staff members to work on the team; completed daily, weekly, and monthly performance reviews using state-of-the-art technology software.
- Selected, tested, and implemented network security protection off an industry-leading manufacturer; provided daily support to ensure the hardware is working properly via phone, email, and in-person visits.
- Accomplished milestone goals by providing suggestions, technical advice, and advice on personnel issues.
Information Technology Assistant Resume Sample 9
- Advertised, recruited, and trained for two new positions.
- Selected key suppliers for relocation process; completed relocation process.
- Received multiple recommendations for relocation, COBRA, and bonus packages; helped to select key suppliers for relocation process.
- Transitioned to desktop support technician following recommendations by upper management.
- Transitioned to network operations technician following recommendations by upper management.
Information Technology Assistant Resume Sample 10
- Maintained computerized databases and organized information for the department to support the increasing demands of the organization.
- Provided training and assistance to new hires, including technical reference materials and individualized reports.
- Assisted with documentation and coordination of complex software upgrades, integration projects, and system design.
- Met timelines for project completion; created detailed task plans for all tasks; tracked monthly progress; assisted in software troubleshooting; performed other duties as needed.
- Received recognition for outstanding customer service through customer satisfaction surveys from customers who had applied for a loan.
Information Technology Assistant Resume Sample 11
- Assisted Chief Information Officer in monitoring computer usage and user satisfaction, while enhancing network efficiency.
- Monitored information systems for software compatibility and security compliance to ensure the integrity of the school computer network.
- Suggested new systems to increase student access to computers and network resources while reducing costs.
- Provided technical support for complex software applications developed by an outside vendor that was used by all faculty and staff in a large university department.
- Implemented system changes requested by the Dean without disrupting the daily functions of a large university department.
Information Technology Assistant Resume Sample 12
- Assisted in the data conversion of a large amount of customer data from a legacy system into a new system that was delivered on time and within budget.
- Developed a backup system for all applications used by the company, resulting in significantly reduced downtime.
- Resolved problems with annual report software on time to meet reporting deadlines.
- Drafted, edited, and proofread technical documents including user manuals and presentation materials.
- Directed high-level strategies related to information technology infrastructure.
Information Technology Assistant Resume Sample 13
- Trained and mentored new employees in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Maintained software organization for large networks with a 70% error rate.
- Researched and implemented new software applications in an attempt to reduce errors in repetitive documents.
- Attended conferences to improve product knowledge of corporate clients. Created presentation slides from research at the conference, and updated them when back at work.
- Coached new employees on Microsoft Office Suite computer skills, along with PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, and Access.
Educational requirements for this job are at least a bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, or related fields, plus 5 years of experience in lower level IT positions. Skills needed are excellent communication skills, good listening skills, leadership, organizational skills, problem-solving skills, being a self-starter, flexibility, and focus on good customer service.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Information Technology Assistant Resume Samples
- Information Technology Assistant Resume Sample 1
- Information Technology Assistant Resume Sample 2
- Information Technology Assistant Resume Sample 3
- Information Technology Assistant Resume Sample 4
- Information Technology Assistant Resume Sample 5
- Information Technology Assistant Resume Sample 6
- Information Technology Assistant Resume Sample 7
- Information Technology Assistant Resume Sample 8
- Information Technology Assistant Resume Sample 9
- Information Technology Assistant Resume Sample 10
- Information Technology Assistant Resume Sample 11
- Information Technology Assistant Resume Sample 12
- Information Technology Assistant Resume Sample 13
- Wrap Up