A Freelance Computer Technician works for himself fixing computer issues. Duties include listening carefully to customers to determine problems, making on-site service calls, repairing hardware, troubleshooting network problems, repairing network issues, explaining software issues to customers, and installing hardware and software.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Freelance Computer Technician Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Freelance Computer Technician resumes for your reference.
Freelance Computer Technician Resume Sample 1
- Provided technical support to customers in a timely and efficient manner.
- Attained the highest performance rating from management for over four consecutive years, resulting in a promotion.
- Achieved Microsoft certification by demonstrating proficiency in multiple operating systems and productivity software platforms.
- Implemented critical system security protocols within a networked computing environment while ensuring HIPAA compliance standards.
- Spearheaded the development of a customized suite of programs designed to enhance business workflow automation using Microsoft Visual Basic .NET programming language.
Freelance Computer Technician Resume Sample 2
- Developed Mac-based computers, printers, and servers for small business owners.
- Increased revenue by 40% using sales tactics learned during part-time work at a commercial printer.
- Troubleshot network connectivity issues between all clients’ personal devices and their Wifi or wired connections.
- Experienced with troubleshooting routers, switches, webcams, video cameras, microphones, PCI cards, USB devices on both Windows and Mac platforms.
- Enhanced customer experience through data backup service; upgraded client’s HDD to SSD without losing any personal or professional data on the old drive or computer.
Freelance Computer Technician Resume Sample 3
- Troubleshot and repaired issues with a wide range of computer hardware.
- Corrected a significant number of registry errors, malware, spyware, viruses, Trojans from clients’ computers.
- Found ways to resolve numerous PC crashes and conflicts that were preventing the system from running smoothly.
- Volunteered at Hackers for Charity teaching others how to fix their software problems using free resources available on the web; helped many people in need learn how to keep their computers safe and secure.
- Identified and sourced a wide range of otherwise difficult to find replacement parts, from power supplies to thermal pastes, for hard drives, motherboards, video cards, and more.
Freelance Computer Technician Resume Sample 4
- Troubleshot and resolved RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) issues for clients of all competency levels.
- Diagnosed and rectified Microsoft Exchange server connectivity problems with Outlook, Mac Mail, Windows Mail, iOS devices such as the iPhone and iPad.
- Completed file recovery for a range of file types including Word documents, film files, images, spreadsheet files, email archives (.pst), and database formats (.dat).
- Available upon request to fix any operating system-related issue on PCs running Windows XP through Windows 10.
- Managed all computer downtime during five-day period by remotely updating software and drivers on more than fifty computers. Performed initial installation on twenty-seven new computers.
Freelance Computer Technician Resume Sample 5
- Set up a new system for a client, including hardware and software installation.
- Prevented a client from spending over $8,000 on a new operating system to no avail by removing spyware that had been installed onto the computer.
- Provided last-minute technical support to ensure smooth opening of store within required time frame.
- Successfully negotiated lower rate with local ISP to provide service at half the customer’s previous cost.
- Recovered data from crashed hard drive in less than three days; pleased customer who referred me to several colleagues.
Freelance Computer Technician Resume Sample 6
- Designed and implemented new computer systems for speed, efficiency, and productivity; increased revenue by $30,000 per month.
- Troubleshot common hardware and software functionality problems to diagnose the root cause of malfunctions and restore normal operation according to specifications within budgeted time restraints.
- Improved customer relations with monthly newsletter including tutorials on how-to best utilize computers at home or in business settings.
- Provided unparalleled technical support during an international broadcast by responding on social media to questions from TV viewers on their own personal devices about phone use on airplanes while inflight. (Website)
- Conceived new innovative idea for work station ergonomics after developing RSI (repetitive stress injury) from working at home on computer for long periods of time.
Freelance Computer Technician Resume Sample 7
- Installed new PC workstations, printers, and scanners to replace old technology.
- Upgraded computer networks in office buildings to improve productivity using fiber optic cables.
- Diagnosed network connectivity problems between servers and implemented security settings to maintain data integrity.
- Provided exceptional customer service by teaching customers how to use software applications for emailing documents and sending faxes.
- Troubleshot hardware failure of desktop computers, played an integral part in server downtime reduction from 10 hours/week up to less than 1 hour/week.
Freelance Computer Technician Resume Sample 8
- Conducted business as a computer consultant and IT engineer since December 2014.
- Repair, upgrade, maintain home computers after three months of training received by Microsoft Certified Professionals (MCPs).
- Troubleshoot both software and hardware issues to resolve customer concerns; earned positive feedback from customers for high degree of efficiency and effectiveness in problem-solving.
- Top-ranked employee for ability to work independently without direct supervision; conducted training sessions on valuable computer skills such as emailing, document production, and Internet functionality.
- Opportunely established valuable professional contacts through participation in professional organizations; gained valuable knowledge about key computer applications as personal finance management.
Freelance Computer Technician Resume Sample 9
- Provided free face-to-face PC support to senior citizens through the Symplicity Institute with extensive training in Microsoft Customer Service and Support, Apple Computer Training Series.
- Achieved 100% satisfaction rating on all work performed by fellow computer technicians for several Fortune 500 companies.
- Established a revenue stream of $10,000 per year with less than four hours per week client contact time required.
- Instructed at local technical school’s Electronics 1 class; helped students achieve their academic goals while becoming proficient technicians in today’s competitive marketplace.
- Managed one full-time employee and two part-time employees while ensuring excellent customer relations between clients, employers, subcontractors, and vendors.
Freelance Computer Technician Resume Sample 10
- Troubleshoot, configure, and install computing hardware to match specific needs.
- Diagnose malfunctioning components in computers to restore functionality.
- Review software code to debug programs and identify programming flaws.
- Monitor local area network for security breaches.
- Develop technical documentation detailing steps required to resolve problems or accomplish tasks; deliver specifications to clients/management at regular meetings & conferences.
Freelance Computer Technician Resume Sample 11
- Successfully completed computer system installations for an attorney, medical doctor, Internet cafe, and modeling agency.
- Effectively resolved technological issues with hardware and software related to computer networking for an advertising firm, the University of Arizona School of Journalism, and restaurant supply company.
- Affirmed expertise in quickly debugging network problems on multiple Windows based systems; recognized by CEO of web hosting service.
- Learned to configure new equipment working on servers running Red Hat Linux at local ISP company. Improved involvement with clients through customer support relating to installation of routers/switches/hubs/firewalls/wireless access points/etc..
- Imple solutions that successfully minimized system downtime while providing high availability of network resources for non-profit organization.
Freelance Computer Technician Resume Sample 12
- Troubleshooted multiple configurations of Linux, Windows 7/8/10, Apple OS X/IOS, and Android operating systems.
- Installed new hardware to customer specifications; installed, configured, and integrated anti-virus protection (AVG) with email clients (Thunderbird).
- Provided technical support via phone or in person for customers across the USA; resolved all issues within 24 hours.
- Planned computer systems by creating documentation detailing component installation process.
- Supported company website(s) using WordPress CMS (Content Management System), HTML5, CSS3; designed unique graphics for banners & buttons that incorporated into websites seamlessly.
Since you work for yourself, you determine your own educational requirements; but a bachelor’s degree in IT is recommended. Skills needed to be successful are critical thinking skills, organizational skills, independence, ability to be a self-starter, having excellent technical aptitude, having superior customer service skills, flexibility, and conducting yourself with a professional demeanor.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Freelance Computer Technician Resume Samples
- Freelance Computer Technician Resume Sample 1
- Freelance Computer Technician Resume Sample 2
- Freelance Computer Technician Resume Sample 3
- Freelance Computer Technician Resume Sample 4
- Freelance Computer Technician Resume Sample 5
- Freelance Computer Technician Resume Sample 6
- Freelance Computer Technician Resume Sample 7
- Freelance Computer Technician Resume Sample 8
- Freelance Computer Technician Resume Sample 9
- Freelance Computer Technician Resume Sample 10
- Freelance Computer Technician Resume Sample 11
- Freelance Computer Technician Resume Sample 12
- Wrap Up