Technology assistants support employees with the use of software and hardware products. They diagnose problems with the software/hardware used, offer solutions, conduct maintenance, train the users of the programs, create specialized programs useful to the business and collaborate with technology specialists outside of the business for means of improvement.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Technology Assistant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Technology Assistant resumes for your reference.
Technology Assistant Resume Sample 1
- Tutored agency interns in the use of financial management software.
- Conducted extensive research, successfully resolved problems, and took appropriate action on issues regarding network security of all users; recognized by the Technology Director as a trouble shooter and subject matter expert.
- Improved organizational stability and performance through an effective IT Security Policy which included implementation of new firewalls and installation of new antivirus programs across the agency’s LAN and WAN networks.
- Established an incident tracking system for escalated support requests; provided timely resolution to system outages.
- Created internal policies requiring positive user experience with security controls which prevented unauthorized access to critical systems; helped improve agency productivity.
Technology Assistant Resume Sample 2
- Provided telephone support seven days a week to customers with software, hardware, and internet connectivity issues.
- Analyzed customer trouble reports to identify solutions that resolved the problem within company specifications.
- Performed maintenance tasks on equipment including cleaning units, replacing parts, adjusting parameters, and checking calibration.
- Completed coursework in emerging technologies for business communications; successfully prepared future professionals for global leadership responsibilities.
- Collaborated on projects involving new software applications; identified areas where more advanced technological resources would better facilitate project requirements.
Technology Assistant Resume Sample 3
- Provided administrative support for all office hardware; managed inventory, distribution of equipment, and supervised break/fix technicians.
- Pioneered software to manage massive database cataloguing over 30,000 images of instructional materials.
- Migrated information technology systems from legacy DOS-based architecture to modern Windows architecture with similar functionality.
- Oversaw work groups in the creation of technical documentation necessary for new system implementation including system diagrams, flow charts, decision trees, file layouts, data descriptions, and process flowcharts.
- Identified tasks which could be eliminated by computer automation through the review of existing processes and procedures against industry benchmarks.
Technology Assistant Resume Sample 4
- Resolved technical difficulties on computers, software, keyboard, mouse, operating systems.
- Troubleshot network connectivity issues via remote connection.
- Conducted online research to identify potential solutions to problems or questions covering range of topics from web design to hardware repairs.
- Created user manuals for new employees and wrote technical documentation required by IT staff.
- Mentored new hires in the use of organizational resources and protocols including corporate email system, phone etiquette, guidelines regarding confidentiality.
Technology Assistant Resume Sample 5
- Resolved issues related to email delivery, bulk mailers, sent items, inbox security/maintenance, attachments, calendar maintenance.
- Improved office workflow by organizing shared folders and standardizing file names across the network.
- Oversaw server updates for Windows 7×64 and Server 2012 R2x64 environment to ensure optimum system performance.
- Established process for retrieving archived emails for litigation cases; completed project requiring three months of concentrated research in less than two weeks.
- Introduced logging systems that prevented unauthorized use of Outlook Web Access (OWA) protocol enabling the company to maintain compliance with industry standards.
Technology Assistant Resume Sample 6
- Supported technological infrastructure (servers, desktops, printers) and end user devices (laptops, smartphones).
- Identified issues and recommended solutions based on monitoring system logs.
- Converted physical systems to virtualized environments using VMware vSphere Hypervisor.
- Provided technical guidance for a development team tasked with performing a quality review of a new enterprise grade application release.
- Achieved highest rating from the group lead in response to the employee performance evaluation questionnaire.
Technology Assistant Resume Sample 7
- Deployed and maintained network infrastructure of over 120 client machines, servers, and peripherals.
- Maintained $100 million annual budget for technology equipment and services.
- Managed the education training and awareness program for all employees on security protocols.
- Solved hardware and software problems with minimal oversight; upgraded PCs and laptops to Windows 7 and installed new versions of leading web browsers – Google Chrome, Internet Explorer 9, Firefox 12+.
- Identified problem areas within the organization which improved operational efficiencies by 2%; implemented 10% decrease in expenses for computer supplies.
Technology Assistant Resume Sample 8
- Performed troubleshooting and repairs of all workstation hardware and peripheral equipment.
- Assisted in the creation and removal of user accounts on all corporate servers and LAN/WAN network devices.
- Exercised knowledge of PC components, software, networking technologies, Internet connectivity, email communication, Windows Server 2003 / 2008, Exchange Server 2003 / 2010.
- Completed certification courses Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) 2007 & 2010; CompTIA A+, Microsoft MCSA (NT4), ITIL foundation Certified.
- Promoted to Team Leader position after impressing CEO with ability to step in during absence and successfully manage technical procedures without instruction or supervision.
Technology Assistant Resume Sample 9
- Implemented the company-wide chat system for collaboration on projects by creating a custom chat client.
- Deployed Windows 7 Enterprise to over 1,000 employees in three days.
- Assisted system administrator with deployment of network printers and configuring security permissions.
- Provided training for employees regarding email accounts, file sharing, contacts, calendars, tasks, rules, and group membership.
- Troubleshot network issues through diagnosis of hardware faults and software problems affecting connectivity between computers on the local area network.
Technology Assistant Resume Sample 10
- Provided exemplary customer service to IT staff and users by resolving hardware, software, user access issues in a timely manner.
- Effectively managed multiple tasks within time deadlines for project completion while completing other assigned projects.
- Ongoing support of over 500 students, faculty, staff by troubleshooting email issues; recognized by Office of Information Technology for exceptional performance.
- Completed computer conversions on two campuses with 2 years experience training end users on new technologies.
- Proactively conducted research to identify technology trends published through professional journals to stay abreast of technological developments in the workplace.
Technology Assistant Resume Sample 11
- Researched, planned, and implemented company’s first e-mail system while providing support for daily operations.
- Managed networked computer systems with primary focus on Windows NT Server 4.0; reorganized file structure to provide faster access to critical data.
- Diagnosed hardware/software problems, developed solutions by testing multiple ideas; resolved most customer service calls within 2 hours.
- Maintained customers’ satisfaction through prompt response times via phone, remote assistance or on-site visits; directed all technical queries through online ticketing system.
- Answered more than 400 calls in one year related to new customer signups, password resets, email delivery issues, and hardware/software problems.
Technology Assistant Resume Sample 12
- Provided Tier I and II technical support.
- Performed on-site installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of microcomputer technology hardware such as servers, printers, scanners, peripherals, and kvm switches.
- Assisted customers in solving software problems associated with Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel or PowerPoint; also assisted customers with virus removal and malware protection using Symantec anti-virus software.
- Identified and resolved internal issues with company systems (email connectivity).
- Gained exposure to various industries by working closely with engineers that were responsible for designing cutting-edge products for the next generation of Internet Social Media Service platforms used worldwide. Operated within an Agile software development environment.
Technology Assistant Resume Sample 13
- Demonstrated proficiency and knowledge utilizing the full range of Web 2.0 technologies across multiple departments and work groups; redesigned key company website.
- Implemented state-of-the-art wireless technology as a member of the departmental team; developed secure access to databases for mobile users through integration with third party applications like SalesForce.com, Novell Groupwise, and SharePoint 2010.
- Presented daily stand up meeting updates to leadership; outlined current focus areas and delivered functional project updates.
- Achieved certification in advanced IT skills, including Microsoft Certified System Engineer Status on Windows Server 2003 R2 & 2008, CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+ certifications, and Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification.
- Recruited to lead a nationwide company-wide technology project; held title as Senior Technology Specialist.
A high school diploma, an associate’s or preferably undergraduate degree in a computer-related course and specific software certification is required to work as a technology assistant. Technology assistants offer their services using their technical skills in computers other gadgets and soft skills used to solve problems, serve customers, interact with others, innovate, communicate and take initiative.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.