Hotel Assistant Managers are supervisors in the hospitality industry who supervise the front desk and hotel staff and assist when guests arrive or check out. Duties include assisting the hotel manager in hiring and training of front desk staff, scheduling, answering phones, maintaining supplies and cleanliness of the reception area, and resolving customer complaints.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Hotel Assistant Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Hotel Assistant Manager resumes for your reference.
Hotel Assistant Manager Resume Sample 1
- Identified and implemented system in all departments to reduce food and supply costs.
- Promoted from Front Office Supervisor, with a pay increase of $2,500 per year; recognized by the General Manager for outstanding performance.
- In charge of 3 restaurants during 5 month hotel renovation reduced expenses by 25%.
- Awarded ‘Employee of the Month’ two times within a six-month period for superior level of customer service, management capabilities, and team collaboration.
- Recognized by Hotel Manager as “favorite” employee.
Hotel Assistant Manager Resume Sample 2
- Achieved hotel’s highest occupancy rate in 20 years.
- Increased revenue by $200,000 during first month of leadership role.
- Major factor in six consecutive months of budgeted income increase; recognized for achievement by vice president, general manager.
- Oversaw the renovation and expansion of five-story 70-room boutique hotel; oversaw planning, implementation, and completion stages.
- Supervised over 100 employees including housekeeping supervisors during renovations; took charge while acting general manager was on medical leave.
Hotel Assistant Manager Resume Sample 3
- Recruited and hired 36 hourly employees for this hotel’s busiest season, exceeding the projected goal by 8%.
- Maintained an average guest occupancy rate of 78% by coordinating housekeeping and engineering department with maintenance requests.
- Promoted to Assistant Manager after completing a series of tests; recognized throughout the company as a top achiever in customer service.
- Optimized team performance during three weeks of training for 50 new employees from various hotels within the company.
- Achieved over $116,000 in total room revenue due to implementing new programs such as our social media marketing campaign.
Hotel Assistant Manager Resume Sample 4
- Oversaw all aspects of daily operation at a mid-scale international hotel with 370 rooms and conference space for over 1,000 guests.
- Improved occupancy rate by 8.5% while decreasing total operating expenses by 4%; recognized by Regional Vice President.
- Managed hospitality team for business travelers from all over the world; organized events ranging from press conferences to product launches for corporations, media outlets, and government agencies.
- Planned seasonal theme menus to increase food quality while reducing food costs without losing revenue; enhanced staff retention rates through training sessions on service industry basics.
- Honored with recognition plaque awarded to “rising stars” in the Philippines hospitality industry under 30 years old who have shown remarkable achievements and innovativeness.
Hotel Assistant Manager Resume Sample 5
- Achieved over $2,000,000 in hotel net revenue during first year as Assistant Manager.
- Ensured compliance with all Food and Drug Administration regulations, Environmental Protection Agency Regulations and Occupational Safety and Health Administration regulations; recognized for outstanding performance by the regional Vice President of Operations.
- Exceeded weekly sales goals by an average of 20% for a period of four consecutive weeks; recognized by the Regional Vice-President for Outstanding Achievement.
- Received multiple compliments on superior customer service skills from satisfied customers; appreciated for going above and beyond the call of duty to satisfy guest requests and inquiries.
- Recruited and 12 employees within five months; effective recruiting earned me the recognition of being hired as Assistant Manager.
Hotel Assistant Manager Resume Sample 6
- Earned service award for providing exceptional customer service.
- Developed strong rapport with restaurant staff as evidenced by improving quality of food and fewer complaints.
- Promoted to acting assistant manager after demonstrating strong leadership, effective control skills, and excellent crisis management abilities.
- Provided exemplary guest relations by efficiently responding to customer needs and concerns; received praise from supervisor and other managers for “going above and beyond the call”.
- Expanded operational knowledge through participation in internal training courses; able to monitor processes, suggest improvements, and lead team-building sessions.
Hotel Assistant Manager Resume Sample 7
- Provided heartfelt service, engaged in providing a personalized check-in experience to guests with an emphasis on staying connected and providing excellent customer experiences.
- Managed the highest revenue producing department of the hotel while also being recognized for achieving record lows in staffing turnover rates.
- Successfully implemented new five star luxury brand features such as makeup touchups outside the restrooms, large flat screen tv’s conveniently located for guest use, DVD library collection which included complimentary popcorn and wine tasting events.
- Collaborated with event planners from all over the world including China, Singapore, Russia, Burma, Japan and Saudi Arabia.
- Organized a seminar series at night for local tourism groups that focused on family travel, women’s travel and senior travel; lead by the award-winning hotel GM.
Hotel Assistant Manager Resume Sample 8
- Promote guest relationships through professional and knowledgeable customer service.
- Entrench teamwork and open communication between employees and guests by providing a positive and productive atmosphere.
- Increase sales, minimize loss, and instill the importance of adhering to standards by reducing or eliminating unprofitable practices.
- Maximize profits through improved efficiency during an early morning shift as Floor Supervisor.
- Coordinated housekeeping duties with restaurant services for efficient transition from breakfast to lunch hours; recognized by management for efforts resulting in increased sales.
Hotel Assistant Manager Resume Sample 9
- Assisted manager to meet monthly revenue goals by maintaining a positive team environment and fostering customer service.
- Provided quality leadership during peak periods, including breakfast, lunch, dinner, room service and comestic hours.
- Spearheaded the development of an award-winning event for children which provided a free magic show performed by one of our waiters.
- Administrator on duty with responsibility to oversee the hotel’s food and beverage operations that led to exemplary reviews in American Hotel & Lodging Association publications; recognized as Assistant Manager of the Quarter.
- Received recognition from the Vice President Of Operations for exemplary employee performance; selected as Employee Of The Year .
Hotel Assistant Manager Resume Sample 10
- Provided immediate response to guest complaints, requests, and emergencies.
- In recognition of outstanding performance as a hotel representative, presented Key to the City by mayor of city I was employed in honor of dedication to service and excellence for two years.
- Managed over 400 rooms and all logistics including catering for special events and served as liaison between departments/properties.
- Oversaw the complete inventory and security system components comprising 16000 lbs. of power equipment; implemented improvements through tracking tool utilizing RF technology.
- Planned daily activities for over 300 employees with multiple daily meetings; facilitated increase in departmental productivity by 25%.
Hotel Assistant Manager Resume Sample 11
- Responsible for the efficient operation of a 53-room hotel, including food and beverage services.
- Oversaw staff training to meet new service requirements of Hotels International Conference, resulting in 100% increase in guest satisfaction scores.
- Promoted from Housekeeping Supervisor after increasing productivity by 20%; recognized with a Quality Excellence Award.
- Created a “Kids Club” for children staying at the hotel during summer months; facilitated customer satisfaction surveys rating increased fourfold.
- Led a staff responsible for earning a perfect score on an appeal to become one of two finalists among 400 hotels in the nation, as judged by AAA/CAA members.
Though there is no specific degree requirements cash handling experience and a background in hospitality is often looked for. Assistant Managers should have leadership skills, excellent communication, basic computer skills, professional attire, time management skills, ability to multitask, team building skills, and be able to prioritize and delegate tasks.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Hotel Assistant Manager Resume Samples
- Hotel Assistant Manager Resume Sample 1
- Hotel Assistant Manager Resume Sample 2
- Hotel Assistant Manager Resume Sample 3
- Hotel Assistant Manager Resume Sample 4
- Hotel Assistant Manager Resume Sample 5
- Hotel Assistant Manager Resume Sample 6
- Hotel Assistant Manager Resume Sample 7
- Hotel Assistant Manager Resume Sample 8
- Hotel Assistant Manager Resume Sample 9
- Hotel Assistant Manager Resume Sample 10
- Hotel Assistant Manager Resume Sample 11
- Wrap Up