Service Desk Technicians provide people with technical support and problem diagnoses. Their duties include building positive client relationships, promptly identifying and solving problems, documenting work, suggesting equipment and services to clients, keeping a structured daily schedule, and maintaining confidentiality of information.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Service Desk Technician Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Service Desk Technician resumes for your reference.
Service Desk Technician Resume Sample 1
- Successfully resolved 99% of all service calls in a much-busier environment.
- Performed additional duties while working in a very busy company; received valuable customer service training and was rewarded with an increase in pay.
- Maintained an A+ rating while working with the company’s contracted services and made the work environment more enjoyable.
- Partnered with other departments to create a comprehensive operating system for the third-largest office complex in America by assisting customers and managing time.
- Maintained weekly schedules, reports, and documentation for another department that was also in competition for government contracts.
Service Desk Technician Resume Sample 2
- Enhanced productivity by 16% at the Federal government agency when I showed my Support Manager how to rapidly resolve Mac OS X, XP, and print conflicts; she immediately approved the transfer of this technique to other technicians through the Service Desk.
- Researched, designed, and implemented Mac OS X patch management with a complicated software tool called Munki that was free from Github.
- Developed a proprietary method for diagnosing and repairing problems on Linux systems in approximately two hours.
- Brought down baseline response time of Emergency Call Center from over 3 minutes to less than 2 minutes by developing a check pointing solution that back-up all client systems nightly with little risk or complexity.
- Improved the time it takes to provision 100+ new computers from 7 days to 20 minutes by creating a tool that automated the process and unified all steps.
Service Desk Technician Resume Sample 3
- Provided onsite services for the urgent needs of customers within a large, multi-state corporation.
- Achieved a 98% customer satisfaction rating; analyzed data and determined root causes of technical issues.
- Developed structured documentation processes to more efficiently resolve specialized technical issues; adopted insights from industry leaders to improve processes.
- Received Presidential Award for exemplary service in support of the company’s overall mission after resolving an international crisis arising from a global telecommunications outage.
- Developed several customer service training modules to ensure customer needs were met.
Service Desk Technician Resume Sample 4
- Allocated time and resources to the administration of a 24 x 7 service desk by accessing and maintaining all systems, changing passwords, and setting up new accounts.
- Effectively managed over 300 customers across multiple departments while coordinating backup processes with other teams.
- Documented a new procedure to improve overall help desk response time by 20 percent and promptly implemented it with staff.
- Effectively trained new employees in procedures for opening and closing tickets, effectively increasing the efficiency of the incident tracking system.
- Actively involved in infrastructure redevelopment projects to increase performance, availability and security of all public facing Web sites.
Service Desk Technician Resume Sample 5
- Resolved customer issues, such as slow networks, excessive call volume, and technical problems.
- Demonstrated exceptional knowledge of technical applications and procedures in all areas of information technology.
- Increased efficiency in productivity with quick diagnosis of computer and network problems. Identified and resolved customer issues with minimal time to market for customer focused resolutions.
- Proactively identified and eliminated opportunities for improvement in application process and implemented innovative solutions to growing business needs.
- Systematically analyzed, tracked, and evaluated the performance of systems to support overall business needs.
Service Desk Technician Resume Sample 6
- Resolved customer inquiries and issues prioritized by severity level in a timely manner.
- Successfully handled escalated customer issues and complaints via telephone, email, and on-site remote support.
- Developed technical knowledge base in Unix/Linux server management, Active Directory (AD) management, SQL Server management, VMware virtualization software administration, Windows XP Professional operation, maintenance and security configurations.
- Achieved 100% customer satisfaction ratings following problem resolution through scheduled inspections.
- Recognized as one of the “Top Five Technicians Of The Quarter” after achieving more than 100 hours of training on product upgrades and major releases during the quarter.
Service Desk Technician Resume Sample 7
- Troubleshot hardware and software problems; providing technical support to a team of 40+ technicians and engineers.
- Analyzed performance metrics to determine daily, weekly, and monthly trends in usage; reported results to management.
- Received internal customer service award for exceptional responsiveness, quality solutions, and regular follow-ups with a large backlog of unresolved issues that were pending resolution by a senior engineer.
- Increased productivity by 30% by developing a time-saving method of verifying multiple customer work orders prior to dispatch.
- Alleviated call center queue delays by creating and administering an automated ticketing system accessible through the Internet for all incoming issues.
Service Desk Technician Resume Sample 8
- Resolved customer issues for service desk by attending customer meetings, ensuring customer expectations are met, and formulating customer policies.
- Maintained customer records and immediately resolved service desk issues that were identified as high-priority.
- Successfully implemented employee training and implemented new software packages.
- Demonstrated leadership skills by organizing meetings and managing activities of four different teams in the IT department.
- Fostered customer relationships through social media such as Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter; kept customers informed via email on a regular basis.
Service Desk Technician Resume Sample 9
- Fielded customer call volume of 1000, researched and implemented an automated response system to handle over 200 customer problems.
- Resolved customer service issues in a timely manner, typically resolving them within 1 business day.
- Trained on the latest information technology products; tuned up, repaired and maintained computers and software systems.
- Captured data on agency performance, including cost reports and analyses of budget productivity; produced annual performance reports.
- Managed two teams of communication specialists, prioritizing their response to incoming calls.
Service Desk Technician Resume Sample 10
- Researched, designed, and implemented technology equipment that was precise to the needs of each client.
- Diagnosed and troubleshooted customer computer issues; providing technical support to a range of customers from individuals to private business owners.
- Collated data on software and hardware inventories; completed work orders on behalf of other technicians.
- Participated in new hire orientation; trained new service desk employees.
- Conducted seminars on computer programming and hardware maintenance; taught computer literacy to the less fortunate.
Service Desk Technician Resume Sample 11
- Assisted customers with a wide array of problems on a daily basis.
- Created and maintained standard operating procedures to eliminate repetitive tasks and to provide quicker responses to questions.
- Collected information specific to customer needs and concerns for follow-up actions, arranged for the necessary information, and provided solutions for problems by providing the requested information, finding solutions, and directing follow-up actions.
- Developed effective communication skills so that co-workers could better respond to customer needs.
- Accepted new responsibilities as an annual participant in the company’s leadership training program.
Service Desk Technician Resume Sample 12
- Served as telephone troubleshooter for customer assistance.
- Conducted routine and scheduled maintenance of IBM mainframe and PC-based systems; managed one case technician, two support analysts, two analyst engineers, one technical personnel, and one customer service representative.
- Made suggestion to improve on-site client support; offered instruction to staff in the proper processing of loan applications.
- Helped maintain system integrity by ensuring that impending computer failures were prevented through timely project management.
- Collaborated with development teams in product design and implementation; took lead role in managing customer interface requirements.
To work as a Service Desk Technician, you need an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences, Networking, or a related field and at least a year of experience. You must demonstrate teamwork, time management, customer service skills, writing skills, dexterity, a knowledge of networking, and ability to climb tall ladders and lift heavy equipment.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.