Secondary Math Teachers teach subjects such as algebra and geometry in public or private middle schools and high schools. Their duties consist of preparing lesson plans, providing instruction and grade assignments and exams, supervising students during homeroom, providing students with individualized support and feedback, grade homework, and exams, and holding parent-teacher conferences.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Secondary Math Teacher Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Secondary Math Teacher resumes for your reference.
Secondary Math Teacher Resume Sample 1
- Achieved at least a 3% increase in students’ standardized test scores each year during four year tenure.
- Implemented a web-based program to post grades and communicate with parents.
- Developed a social studies unit based on the slave trade that received district recognition.
- Adjunct professor at a local junior college teaching quantitative methods for decision making, business statistics, data analysis, and research methodologies.
- Collaborated with other teachers to improve student problem-solving skills; developed strategies to analyze word problems and apply multiple solutions to arrive at the correct answer.
Secondary Math Teacher Resume Sample 2
- Collaborated with other teachers to develop and implement Math Curriculum.
- Developed lesson plans that accommodated student learning styles and abilities by analyzing evaluations, curriculum guidelines, and instructional materials.
- Administered standardized tests for all students; evaluated results to evaluate student progress and performance; identified areas of need for improvement; recommended solutions; improved student scores after each retest.
- Recognized as an accomplished teacher who effectively encouraged the academic achievement of all students in achieving grade level standards through differentiated instruction.
- Earned 25+ awards during teaching career including honor roll recognition, Presidential salary increase, exemplary teaching award, etc.; developed teamwork between school staff members at each award ceremony to motivate and congratulate perfection.
Secondary Math Teacher Resume Sample 3
- Increased student achievement as measured by PSSA scores, especially in the areas of math and reading.
- Developed, implemented, and assessed a new course on research mathematics for 9th grade students.
- Organized, led, and participated in more than 30 hours of instructional time through scheduled activities that concentrated on cooperative learning experiences to increase academic success for all students.
- Provided individualized attention to struggling learners through purposefully varied instruction methods including small group work with peer tutors.
- Mentored 18 Honor’s students through Pennsylvania’s Future Teacher’s Program; twice recognized with “Distinguished Service Award.”
Secondary Math Teacher Resume Sample 4
- For three consecutive years, an enthusiastic team player with an innovative approach to instruction involving interactive video technology, calculators, and student response systems.
- Achieved the highest scores in the school district for all students on standardized Math tests.
- Received encouragement from other teachers for creative ideas that improved test scores of English Language Learners students by 100% over a two-year period.
- Assisted students with homework after school hours more than twenty times each year; recognized as the most dependable support staff member by faculty members.
- Mentored student athletes during morning workouts to enhance self-esteem and athletic performance through interval training techniques.
Secondary Math Teacher Resume Sample 5
- Improved test results in all courses taught using a variety of instructional techniques and tools to reach all students.
- Mentored first-year teachers throughout the school year, leading them through their classes’ curriculum, lesson planning, and assessment development.
- Collaborated with colleagues to plan innovative projects that provide real-world context for mathematics concepts as well as curricular support for English Language Learners while meeting Common Core standards.
- Achieved record scores on standardized tests while achieving superior evaluations from administrators and parents through effective communication skills and exemplary rapport with students.
- Canvassed neighboring school districts for a better salary while obtaining a new job at a nearby secondary math teaching position.
Secondary Math Teacher Resume Sample 6
- Taught 10th and 12th grade mathematics more effectively by encouraging student discussion through dynamic self-discovery of concepts.
- Developed a fourth period class to enhance learning for all students in order to meet the wide range of abilities, interests, and educational/vocational goals within the overall population.
- Achieved certification demonstrating expertise in teaching mathematics through successful completion of exams.
- Selected as Educator of the Year; contributed nearly 100 hours to school and community activities demonstrating leadership and commitment to excellence.
- Recipient of honorable mention for Educators Who Make a Difference; created new programs leading to increased math test scores while working business leaders from the community.
Secondary Math Teacher Resume Sample 7
- Improved upon and enriched curriculum, developing course work using computer technology and implementing short-term and long-term goals.
- Authored textbook and corresponding lesson plans for middle school mathematics courses.
- Collaborated with the Special Education Department to teach functional math skills to students in need of extra assistance, improving standardized test scores by 5%.
- Developed alternative methods of grading student performance to improve academic achievement.
- Won an award at a statewide conference for presenting a model comprehensive lesson plan for K-12 mathematics education in Mathematics Methods.
Secondary Math Teacher Resume Sample 8
- Instructed and guided students in all areas of mathematics through individual and group instruction.
- Changed the lives of students, parents, and community members by improving test scores over 70%, increasing attendance rates, and inspiring student engagement in learning.
- Trained three coaching interns with demonstrated competencies in teaching secondary math content.
- Spearheaded a project to design new curriculum for an underperforming school that was adopted regionally and nationally after receiving awards from state and national educational organizations.
- Improved self-study habits of independent learning with struggling learners; empowered students to successfully pass required final exams while raising grades on assignments throughout the semester.
Secondary Math Teacher Resume Sample 9
- Memorized and executed all assigned lesson plans for a class of 30 students.
- Effectively improved student grades by encouraging participation in test preparation activities.
- Promoted self-assurance, self-expression, and independence in the classroom with role play exercises using positive reinforcement.
- Maximized child learning abilities through individual instruction during testing periods.
- Developed rapport with students while maintaining high expectations regarding behavior and work ethic at all times.
Secondary Math Teacher Resume Sample 10
- Fostered critical thinking and problem solving skills through the development of interactive math lessons.
- Maximized classroom management techniques to create a positive environment for learning that was conducive to student success.
- Developed effective cooperative learning groups and used technology to enhance the overall educational experience of students.
- Presented at state and national conferences, local chapters, and seminars on teaching methods, lesson planning, grade level trends, and instructional resources.
- Received Teacher of The Year award; organized tutoring sessions after school hours in which students received additional instruction in math concepts.
Secondary Math Teacher Resume Sample 11
- Developed over 700 activities to use in the classroom, including web-based interactive lessons.
- Improved test scores by over 10% in one year by revising courses and developing curricula that were better suited for students’ ability levels.
- Promoted literacy in math classes by organizing a fundraiser selling books during school hours to benefit an elementary school library in an underprivileged community.
- Mentored 15 ELL (English Language Learners) students each semester after tutoring them individually for five months until they achieved proficiency with English language skills.
- Launched “Catch Your Dreams” website where students could submit inspiring essays about their dreams; recognized as mentor teacher of the year.
To work as a Secondary Math Teacher you must hold a bachelor’s degree in Math and complete complete a student teaching internship in math at the grade level(s) where you wish to become certified. Secondary Math Teachers must demonstrate technical, organization, social, patience, communication, the ability to remain calm, and knowledge of teaching skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Secondary Math Teacher Resume Samples
- Secondary Math Teacher Resume Sample 1
- Secondary Math Teacher Resume Sample 2
- Secondary Math Teacher Resume Sample 3
- Secondary Math Teacher Resume Sample 4
- Secondary Math Teacher Resume Sample 5
- Secondary Math Teacher Resume Sample 6
- Secondary Math Teacher Resume Sample 7
- Secondary Math Teacher Resume Sample 8
- Secondary Math Teacher Resume Sample 9
- Secondary Math Teacher Resume Sample 10
- Secondary Math Teacher Resume Sample 11
- Wrap Up