A manager assistant helps their manager run their store or company. They are responsible for acting as the manager in the manager’s absence, creating employee schedules, dealing with customer issues, interviewing potential employees, training employees, and assessing employee performance.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Manager Assistant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Manager Assistant resumes for your reference.
Manager Assistant Resume Sample 1
- Completed assignments in a timely fashion; submitted reports with minimal supervision.
- Developed new procedures for organizing documents.
- Provided clerical support to other managers by taking messages and handling mail.
- Trained new employees on administrative procedures and ongoing projects.
- Participated in the regional office’s employee challenge to raise money in support of multiple sclerosis research.
Manager Assistant Resume Sample 2
- Dealt with all administrative duties.
- Fostered and maintained constructive relationships with coworkers and customers by listening to their needs, ideas, and concerns.
- Effectively communicated administrative messages, in writing or verbally as directed.
- Accomplished work schedule goals by staying on top of daily office tasks, such as answering the phone, opening mail, filing documents, etc.
- Effectively utilized the company’s computer system and advanced software for managing personnel files.
Manager Assistant Resume Sample 3
- Organized and maintained executive’s schedule, travel plans, and appointments; managed his calendar; responded to his questions or concerns promptly.
- Handled basic administrative tasks such as updating databases, maintaining office equipment, answering phones and taking messages, filing insurance claims, and coordinating the mail.
- Compiled information from marketing research reports by consolidating data spreadsheets into single documents.
- Researched and analyzed statistical information regarding the evolving telecommunications industry.
- Maintained an inventory of spare parts consisting of hard-to-find items for non-functioning office equipment.
Manager Assistant Resume Sample 4
- Provided administrative support to the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Managed and organized data for grant reports in order to maintain compliance with government and foundation grantors.
- Handled the logistics of a school assembly and orchestrated special events committee meetings.
- Assisted with the organization of events by coordinating volunteers, setting up equipment, and managing program details.
- Prepared correspondence for various offices, reviewed reports, writing press releases, staffed registration tables at conferences, processed payments for fees/tuition fees/donations, planned school field trips; cross-trained in other departments as needed (i.e.: Accounting).
Manager Assistant Resume Sample 5
- Helped prepare tax returns for accounting firm clients; saving 10% of gross income over the previous year by eliminating computer problems with electronic filing.
- Provided administrative assistance to four managers; streamlined internal workflow processes and generated statistics that identified areas for improvement.
- Researched prices and negotiated with vendors to reduce costs and improve income. (cut costs by 2% while increasing sales by 6%)
- Remodeled library of office space in an effort to increase revenue and improve morale. (20% revenue increase, 5% decrease in operating expenses)
- Increased productivity of staff by 15%; completed projects ahead of schedule on all levels.
Manager Assistant Resume Sample 6
- Planned and coordinated staff meeting agendas.
- Assigned administrative tasks.
- Created multiple documents (i.e.: lists, memos) to track progress on various projects.
- Recognized for excellent work ethics and professionalism during the probationary period.
- Manage a team of team players, including supervisors and co-workers, who all share the same objective of making the organization a top performer as an employee/business owner.
Manager Assistant Resume Sample 7
- Obtained company certification to be a Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW); CPRW certification is the highest recognized professional designation in the field of resume development.
- Wrote resumes and cover letters for job seekers; assisted clients with interview preparation and gave feedback on performance at interviews.
- Trained team members to reach national certification standards for resume writing; attained national certification in December 2010.
- Achieved excellence award for achieving sales goals and maintaining superior customer service; exceeded sales budget by 10%.
- Received outstanding employee award; consistently went above normal duties to help fellow employees and customers.
Manager Assistant Resume Sample 8
- Proactively met the annual goal of exceeding sales in the company by 20%, resulting in $250,000 sold.
- Maintained a clean and neat environment for customers in all locations.
- Adhered to guidelines for payroll and employee screening.
- Created flow charts to reduce the number of errors from 25% to 5% of total processes.
- Successfully trained employees on new software programs, reducing training time from 6 weeks to 3 days; saved the company $6,000 per program training.
Manager Assistant Resume Sample 9
- Assisted the office manager, HR Manager, and Director of Diversity with all facets of the office.
- Identified and established an on-time, day-to-day workflow to meet growth and service expectations.
- Provided a friendly work environment that was geared toward eliminating trash from the office.
- Led a team to develop branding materials for the organization through researching current trends in order to produce promotional items for both internal and external purposes.
- Sought new opportunities for growth within the office by seeking out expertise that was not currently being used within the department.
Manager Assistant Resume Sample 10
- Mentored the new employees in writing policies and procedures.
- Monitored the daily activities of the department and handled any problems that arose.
- Consistently recognized by peers for being well organized, efficient, and having a positive attitude.
- Worked in a team setting; delegated tasks to subordinates as needed.
- Oversaw daily operations; handled cash disbursements and reconciled monthly bank statements.
Manager Assistant Resume Sample 11
- Assessed and updated company stock prices; communicated with vendors and contractors to determine deadlines and to maintain accurate accounts.
- Installed, maintained, and repaired office equipment (including photocopying equipment) in accordance with the company’s specifications.
- Maintained files for office personnel.
- Organized and maintained staff files by documenting items that were to be sent to other facilities.
- Handled and secured mail and memorabilia.
Manager Assistant Resume Sample 12
- Responsible for the daily operations of the business.
- Handled cash management and deposits.
- Handled all check writing.
- Directed and supervised all office personnel, to ensure accuracy and prompt customer service.
- Managed day-to-day operations of the business with no supervision or oversight. Also responsible for overseeing a staff of 8 employees, including training, scheduling, and performance management.
Manager Assistant Resume Sample 13
- Collected, organized, and sorted mail.
- Maintained personnel files for all employees and assisted with other office tasks.
- Coordinated travel plans for senior management team members by booking flights, hotels, and rental cars.
- Provided support to the Executive Director at organizational development meetings by providing clerical assistance during these events.
- Handled administrative tasks for office departments including human resources, insurance compliance, accounting, and human resources.
Manager Assistant Resume Sample 14
- Assembled and maintained customer data through the use of standard computer programs.
- Answering telephones by greeting customers, identifying caller, and relaying the message to the appropriate party (i.e.: customer service representative).
- Maintained inventory of all items in stock to ensure the ability to meet customer demands.
- Prepared sales reports on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Maintained designated department areas by ordering new office supplies and organizing existing supplies.
Manager Assistant Resume Sample 15
- Proactively provide support to the General Manager by completing administrative duties such as preparing reports, processing payroll, and recording daily transactions.
- Prevented the unnecessary use of paper by creating and maintaining electronic files.
- Mastered the company’s operational software which allowed me to run reports needed for business-analysis purposes.
- Collaborated with Finance Director to develop and implement new auditing procedures for inventory control that resulted in a 6% reduction in costs.
- Learned how to create invoices using Excel which resulted in a decrease of faulty invoices from 27% to less than 1%.
To work as a manager assistant, you must have a high school diploma and may be required to have a Bachelor’s degree in business or other related field. Manager assistants should display the ability to handle transactions, customer service skills, communication skills, interpersonal skills, leadership skills, the ability to multi-task, and the ability to work as part of a team.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.