Medical Transporters coordinate and provide safe transport for patients to their scheduled destinations. Their duties include transporting patients to medical appointments, providing visitation services, ensuring patients arrive on time to destination, completing transportation paperwork, adhering to all travel procedures and ensuring maintenance of transporting vehicle.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Medical Transporter Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Medical Transporter resumes for your reference.
Medical Transporter Resume Sample 1
- Delivered medical equipment to hospitals and clinics.
- Made presentations to nurses and doctors, explaining the proper method of operation of equipment under different kinds of ailments.
- Made presentations to nurses and doctors, explaining the proper method of operation of equipment under special circumstances such as accidents, surgery, etc.
- Participated in a training program for new employees on how to deliver medication more effectively.
- Received back-to-back awards for outstanding performance as a Medical Transporter through Customer Satisfaction surveys from all recipients including patients, physicians, family members who were on his runs, and co-workers.
Medical Transporter Resume Sample 2
- Informed the van crew of the location of patients for an urgent care clinic.
- Promptly delivered a patient to a hospital as part of a medical evacuation.
- Assisted patients in and out of the van as directed by physician’s order.
- Handled patients who became violent and were under the influence during transit; accounted for all equipment and medications used and transported.
- Used appropriate restraint system to safely transport restrained inmates; determining whether or not they required physical or verbal intervention; delivered them to treatment facilities, including civil commitments.
Medical Transporter Resume Sample 3
- Metered an average of 200 miles per day during my first two weeks with the company.
- Handled complicated procedures while transporting critically ill patients.
- Progressed to Road Supervisor position after one year with the company; introduced new standards for safety and efficiency.
- Assisted in fighting fires while transporting an injured firefighter away from danger.
- Continued on-the-job training, earning the designation of Certified EMT, First Responder.
Medical Transporter Resume Sample 4
- Recognized for delivering timely and accurate shipments of medical specimens.
- Recognized for outstanding cooperation with fellow employees, physicians, and blood bank personnel while working in various departments in the hospital.
- Described by a physician as “the most reliable person in the lab; always friendly and easy to work with.”
- Received certificate of appreciation from patients for professionalism when taking blood samples at their homes (a home visit).
- Handled discards (tissue) with tact when counseling hospice patients about end-of-life issues.
Medical Transporter Resume Sample 5
- Completed four (4) missions without incident; transported over 1,000 patients during the month of May 2015.
- Delivered over 1600 pounds of medicine, supplies, and equipment to various locations.
- Helped maintains safe transportation of patients to hospital facilities.
- Helped maintains safe transport of patients’ property back to their homes.
- Delivered medical supplies and equipment to the following areas during the month of June 2015.
Medical Transporter Resume Sample 6
- Efficiently transported medical supplies to multiple hospitals, clinics, and doctor’s offices.
- Personally trained emergency medical technicians, interns, and other ambulance drivers by coordinating schedules and providing transportation to local healthcare facilities.
- Responsible for the safety of valuable shipments as well as patients’ confidential information such as their health records; ensured the integrity of these materials by adapting to changing situations.
- Supervised the loading and unloading of equipment; ensured safe transport by quickly adapting to changing situations.
- Proactively developed new business relationships with doctors and hospitals in order to promote regular business growth and increase efficiency in transportation services provided for each facility.
Medical Transporter Resume Sample 7
- Handled medical emergencies and equipment loads for transporting patients to hospital and doctor appointments.
- Maintained a safe and hazard-free driving record during my entire career as a driver and transporter.
- Recognized by the company for demonstrating initiative in covering routes on short notice during an emergency.
- Acknowledged by staff physicians for the successful acquisition of patients, which contributed to my achieving company safety, timely delivery, no damages to medical equipment, and customer satisfaction goals.
- Performed duties involving verbal communications with staff at hospitals/doctors’ offices regarding patient care or scheduling needs.
Medical Transporter Resume Sample 8
- Took vital signs of the driver after every trip.
- Secured carts and patient-carrying equipment.
- Seated patients in assigned seating area; kept seats in condition; identified spills, leaks, and fluid leaks; cleaned up spills without causing damage to the seat.
- Satisfied all patient care needs for assigned drivers.
- Served as an escort for patients who required assistance when exiting or entering vehicles that were to be used for pickup or delivery; provided assistance in transferring between vehicles that were to be used for pickup or delivery.
Medical Transporter Resume Sample 9
- Handled repetitive tasks requiring a high level of attention to detail.
- Received a computer certification for my business software skills.
- Delivered medications to patients in a timely manner, preserving their confidentiality and improving the quality of their care.
- Introduced best practices for hospital-based patient care with staff as part of my supervisor’s initiative.
- Preserved patients’ privacy by ensuring that only authorized staff members viewed patient records and that treatment notes were not shared with anyone outside of the hospital or office setting.
Medical Transporter Resume Sample 10
- Handled all aspects of the Patient Load at the beginning, middle, and end of the shift.
- Handled all aspects of Customer Service during interchanges.
- Handled all aspects of security operations along with incident mitigation.
- Handled all aspects of Customer Service during interchanges; recognized by area managers for outstanding performance.
- Received outstanding quality award; Recognized by area managers for exceptional performance in referencing patient information for orders and orders for medication to be administered to patients.
Medical Transporter Resume Sample 11
- Met all guidelines for driving license and vehicle compliance for transporting patients between medical facilities.
- Secured new customer relationships with hospitals.
- Performed above average in customer service ratings after receiving commendations from customers who had worked closely with the company during their personal emergencies.
- Consistently demonstrated time management skills; completed tasks on time or ahead of schedule.
- Received recognition for outstanding quality service for completing a job in a timely manner, maintaining a clean work area, and maintaining high customer satisfaction.
Medical Transporter Resume Sample 12
- Accomplished over 200 transports in a year; safely transported patients to and from various sites, including the emergency room.
- Consistently completed job accurately and on time; averaged a 98+% dispatch accuracy rate.
- Collaborated with other transport teams to meet important deadlines; successfully completed 4 emergency transports within a 24-hour period.
- Achieved a “Golden Paddle” award for highest transport volume in the company’s history.
- Received recognition from the Director of Medical Transport for being a reliable employee who consistently goes beyond her job requirements.
Medical Transporter Resume Sample 13
- Discreetly and efficiently transported medical supplies and records between hospitals and offices; earned respect from my peers and management for excellent customer service.
- Provided transportation, wheelchair assistance, and escort services for patients and their families at a Downtown hospital; earned Patients’ Choice Award.
- Achieved optimum compliance with all state, local, and federal guidelines as a Medical Transportation Specialist; earned appreciation for meeting or exceeding the highest quality standards.
- Worked directly with hospital administrators, physicians, insurance companies, and medical center managers; providing the highest quality customer services.
- Timely disseminated information to dispatch regarding daily scheduled runs.
Medical Transporter Resume Sample 14
- Established routes and scheduled pickups within the required time frame.
- Arranged with contracted providers for the prompt delivery of necessary medications.
- Coordinated with facility managers, nurses, and medication assistants to ensure adequate supplies of critical medications were available to ensure prompt delivery.
- Coordinated with the hospital’s records department to ensure transporters were able to access patient files via the airlines’ electronic health records (EHR) system.
- Recognized as an outstanding performer; received his first raise at age 45.
Medical Transporter Resume Sample 15
- Handled “no-notice” emergency transports for critical patients.
- Developed training program for new employees.
- Awarded the “Employee of the Quarter” for exceeding performance expectations.
- Received the highest customer service commendation by meeting customers’ needs in a timely fashion.
- Outstanding quality award; effectively handled customer complaints and returned calls promptly to avoid legal issues.
To work as a Medical Transporter, a high school diploma is required. Medical Transporters must demonstrate a high level of organization, effective communication skills, ability to work as a team, prioritizing, interpersonal relationship skills, knowledge of policies and procedures, strong skill in record keeping and punctuality to be successful.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.