Steel workers, better known as construction workers are contractors that are highly experienced in carpentry, concrete and working with steel. Their responsibilities include construct steel frames and structural supports for buildings, bridges, working in high spaces usually from a man lift, safely operating power tools such as saws, concrete drills, and forklifts, cut and weld steel pieces, and read and interpret blueprints and building plans to map out where steel pieces should go.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Steel Worker Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Steel Worker resumes for your reference.
Steel Worker Resume Sample 1
- Successfully fabricated, delivered, assembled and erected structural steel.
- Personally set reinforcing bars into concrete footings within the allotted time constraints during each shift resulting in project completion ahead of schedule.
- Recently recognized for producing accurate drawings using AutoCAD software; to be used as a guide for building materials needed on site.
- Trained other workers on proper procedures for erecting scaffolding and cage mast climbers while increasing production by 48%.
- Followed all safety regulations to guarantee a safe work environment free from injury by wearing personal protective equipment at all times.
Steel Worker Resume Sample 2
- Implemented new processes for S7 structural steel.
- Acted as temporary foreman, leading a team of four men on the erection of a substation support building.
- Developed relationship with customer to deliver first-class service within given time frame and budget.
- Recognized by client for ability to improve productivity by 20%.
- Performed all tasks related to welding, often times without direction or supervision.
Steel Worker Resume Sample 3
- Redirected a crane to pick up a steel beam being carried by an undersized crane.
- Operated two cranes simultaneously to install structural steel at retirement home.
- Inventoried and monitored use of all tools, equipment, and materials for job sites three times weekly.
- Resolved conflict between laborers using tact, patience, and diplomacy before requiring arbitration from the site manager.
- Ameliorated work conditions by replacing outdated scaffolding with new material within specified time constraints after performing thorough assessment of existing scaffolding that was too short or missing angle braces.
Steel Worker Resume Sample 4
- Assisted in the installation of structural steel, metal decking, and roof support for high-rise buildings.
- Rigged forklifts to transport sheet metal materials across construction sites while maintaining safety regulations at all times.
- Worked with precision on a 22nd story demolition project; progressing one floor down every three days without incident or injury.
- Scaffolded under building structures while cutting holes into floors for ventilation shafts prior to interior renovations.
- Rescued several workers involved in an elevator collapse during concrete pouring operations by cutting through both sides of the compartment to free them after being trapped for 12 hours.
Steel Worker Resume Sample 5
- Constructed and erected structural steel for high-rise buildings.
- Installed metal deck, stairway, and aisle flooring systems at multiple job sites.
- Accurately completed required daily production reports as well as weekly timesheets.
- Involved in the decision to purchase a new hydraulic lift from crane service provider, which resulted in significant cost savings during project construction period.
- Performed other tasks as assigned by supervisor including carpentry work, cleaning of debris on yard, assisting electricians with wire installation or other craftsmen with their projects.
Steel Worker Resume Sample 6
- Efficiently performed heavy work at heights in all types of weather; climbed, moved, and secured steel I-beams.
- Welded structural steel together for advanced building construction.
- Rated outstanding worker with highest production rate; responsible for the set up & operation of the iron roughneck machine including operating controls to manipulate crane hooks.
- Promoted to Team Leader due to exceptional leadership abilities during hazardous conditions.
- Received 2 awards for safety excellence; reported dangerous situations and effectively resolved them before an accident occurred.
Steel Worker Resume Sample 7
- Installed the roof trusses for a large barn; recognized by foreman as one of the most efficient and well-performing members of the crew.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities at several work sites during which I was tasked with directing other workers in their assigned tasks to maximize progress.
- Installed over $50,000 worth of welding equipment including tungsten electrodes, argon backpacks, cutters, and torches after training for only 3 days prior.
- Achieved award for top sales performance among all competitors in my age group; gained “Best Bodybuilder” titles at two different contests.
- Oversaw management of human resources by hiring new employees, conducting work performance evaluations, and providing feedback to management on the overall progress of the company.
Steel Worker Resume Sample 8
- Employed by a local steel-fabrication plant; responsible for operating and maintaining large overhead cranes.
- Performed extensive steel-structure welding; used oxyacetylene, plasma arc, and electric arc processes to weld such shapes as angle iron, T sections, pipe racks I beams, and C sections.
- Fabricated structural metal for numerous projects; constructed pre-engineered buildings including farm sheds, horse barns, garages and warehouses.
- Placed orders with suppliers and arranged deliveries of materials needed for job sites using an online ordering system.
- Effectively managed project tasks assigned to the crew in order to meet production quotas while complying with the company’s safety procedures.
Steel Worker Resume Sample 9
- Worked as a laborer for Midwest Steel, creating products from molten steel on the heavy fabrication end.
- Aided in erecting structural steel up to 60 feet into the sky during six stories of vertical construction.
- Lifted and maneuvered steel beams weighing tons while climbing aerial work platforms.
- Performed all tasks related to welding 5 inch thick HSS rails – including preparation, cutting, fitting, assembling, heating, and placing electric resistance welds.
- Gained experience in locating reinforcing bars so that they are placed at 6x steel spacing or less; also gained experience in setting reinforcement clips according to American Concrete Institute manual specifications.
Steel Worker Resume Sample 10
- Repaired and reconstructed a beam truss system section in building construction.
- Responsible for locating steel beams, columns, plywood, drywall, insulation, studs, joists, roofing materials from various warehouses.
- Completed task responsibilities of welding up to 3″ thick steel plates using SMAW/FCAW process along with 45-degree and 90-degree angles.
- Assembled form work for use in pouring concrete slabs by performing tasks such as cutting wood forms and building the metal supports used to secure them.
- Safety officer during emergency evacuation drills; ensured all workers left site safely according to company safety regulations.
Steel Worker Resume Sample 11
- Selected as one of five trainees from a class of 50 to work in the plant’s training program.
- Granted weeklong vacation after six months on the job with perfect attendance.
- Receive commendation for safely constructing a tank within a 12-hour period during a “crash” project.
- Achieved steel mill certification as a crane operator, being rated as an apprentice after 2 years 2 months on the job.
- Presented Employee of the Month award for demonstrating safety awareness and encouraging team building among employees.
Steel Worker Resume Sample 12
- Assembled and disassembled machinery, equipment, and tools.
- Rigged steel to specified heights and used scaffolding as needed.
- Performed tasks such as drilling holes for bolting or welding, measuring and marking with laser equipment, operating cranes to move materials around the site, using wrenches and power tools to tighten bolts or fasten parts together.
- Identified safety hazards in order to reduce accidents during construction projects.
- Provided technical support by assembling parts of mechanical components required for new products.
Although no college degree is needed, candidates must have a clean driving record, must be able to lift up to 75 pounds, be able to work in extreme weather and be able to travel to destination. Steel Workers must demonstrate hand-eye coordination, physical endurance, balance, blueprint reading, sheet working and practical knowledge of steel technology and applications.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Steel Worker Resume Samples
- Steel Worker Resume Sample 1
- Steel Worker Resume Sample 2
- Steel Worker Resume Sample 3
- Steel Worker Resume Sample 4
- Steel Worker Resume Sample 5
- Steel Worker Resume Sample 6
- Steel Worker Resume Sample 7
- Steel Worker Resume Sample 8
- Steel Worker Resume Sample 9
- Steel Worker Resume Sample 10
- Steel Worker Resume Sample 11
- Steel Worker Resume Sample 12
- Wrap Up