A float nurse provides patient care in a variety of settings as needed. Duties include providing patient care, assigning tasks to CNAs, electronic charting, paper charting, communicating with doctors, performing patient assessments, communicate clearly, and maintaining a medically clean environment. Education requirements include an associate’s degree or bachelor’s degree in the nursing field, additional state requirements include certifications and licensure. Skills to succeed include the ability to remain professional, ability to work in stressful conditions, ability to lift over 40 pounds, ability to remain on feet for prolonged periods, excellent communication abilities, ability to understand and follow directions, ability to be compassionate, strong critical thinking skills, good time management skills, and possess a strong knowledge of infections disease control.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Float Nurse Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Float Nurse resumes for your reference.
Float Nurse Resume Sample 1
- Accepted a position as a Float Nurse with a leading carrier to provide coverage for vacation, injury, illness, and maternity leave of regular staff nurses.
- Responsible for all aspects of nursing care during the assigned shift including admissions, discharges, referrals, and telephone consultations from an assigned base hospital or agency.
- Promoted to Lead Float Nurse in less than six months due to excellent patient care and positive response from other nurses.
- Recognized by the Director of nursing for outstanding performance; caring attitude and commitment to patients were commended.
- Awarded company-wide certification; completed all required steps within budget and ahead of schedule.
Float Nurse Resume Sample 2
- Handled over 40 patient transfers to and from the Emergency Room.
- Oversaw patient care for the entire wing during an extensive renovation of critical care units; received certificate of appreciation.
- Provided exceptional personal care, compassion, and crisis management during extreme circumstances; earned awards for diligence and outstanding performance.
- Met specific goals to improve hospital efficiency by 25%; recognized by the leadership team.
- Completed high-risk physical requirements; helped save the life of co-worker suffering sudden stomach illness.
Float Nurse Resume Sample 3
- Contributed to a Drop-In Emergency Room’s average processing time by more than 20% through the implementation of new methods.
- Promoted to Float Nurse Supervisor as a result of producing no complaints from customers, exceeding all goals set by the company, and being one of the top ten float nurses for six consecutive quarters.
- Received award from hospital CEO for exceptional customer service during a highly stressful situation involving a patient who was combative with police officers.
- Tripled received referrals from physicians within first three months using innovative marketing techniques; celebrated on National Float Nurse Day.
- Benefited patients’ health and improve care coordination between primary care physicians and specialists through improved communication methods.
Float Nurse Resume Sample 4
- Managed care for a variety of patients from psychiatric, detox, pediatric and long-term acute to medical.
- Serviced a high occupancy unit with high acuity patients by providing quality patient/family teaching and needs.
- Assisted physicians in the delivery of 9 babies over a 12 month period including both vaginal and cesarean deliveries.
- Preformed finger sticks, obtained blood samples for lab work, administered medications per physician’s orders; received recognition as top 5% performer for 4 consecutive years.
- Responded quickly to urgent needs of patients by maintaining proper documentation at all times; earned praise from Director on multiple occasions.
Float Nurse Resume Sample 5
- Managed care for seven patients simultaneously, providing nursing care on new admissions, discharges, and emergency calls.
- Succeeded in outstanding patient satisfaction survey ratings by resolving issues immediately; recognized by agency president.
- Improved time management skills through proper delegation of duties to co-workers; served as a positive role model within the Float Pool.
- Provided exceptional levels of customer service to ensure peace of mind among patients and families during their stay with St. Joseph Hospital Medical Center.
- Promoted to Team Leader/Float Nurse Supervisor after winning ‘Team Player’ award two years consecutively; praised by managers for ability to juggle multiple responsibilities at once.
Float Nurse Resume Sample 6
- Adhered to all protocols and procedures related to the processing of lab specimens.
- Trained for a medical-surgical nurse position during a 12-week course at a prestigious nursing college while working full time as a float nurse in order to advance my knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Gained experience in the operation of various types of medical equipment including centrifuges, microscopes, autoclave sterilizers, IV pumps, ultrasound units, dialysis machines, EKG units, medication dispensing machines.
- Recognized by physicians for the outstanding patient care within one week of employment; named Nurse of the Week following month after being hired.
- Presented with the “Patient Category Excellence” award for outstanding excellence in the care of a patient.
Float Nurse Resume Sample 7
- Effectively and efficiently processed all health insurance payments for Float RNs at the facility through review, coding, and processing.
- Promoted to Float Supervisor following demonstrated leadership in the department while serving as Float Nurse.
- Earned reputation as resourceful and reliable while working with the medical staff during night shift floats.
- Awarded congratulations from Nursing Administration and Medical Staff on leading an initiative to change policies resulting in $120,000 of savings annually on laboratory testing.
- Completed all board-approved continuing education courses within budget while maintaining 100% patient satisfaction scores across 12 hospital services.
Float Nurse Resume Sample 8
- Reinforced spiritual strength of ill patients by caring for the patient, family members, and significant others per hospital policy.
- Interacted with patients in compliance with state regulations to promote optimum experience with caregiving strategies.
- Conducted debriefings with physicians on the current progress of all patients under their care; used outcomes data to form individualized plans of nursing interventions.
- Collaborated with physicians and nurses to formulate new measures for assessing the quality of patient satisfaction surveys. Worked closely with community groups to raise awareness regarding health issues related to insurance reform changes.
- Heal physical pain through holistic methods such as therapeutic touch, positive visualization, guided imagery, hypnosis, and massage therapy.
Float Nurse Resume Sample 9
- Provided compassionate patient care to patients on a medical/surgical floor.
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of medications, their side effects, and interactions with other drugs according to nursing standards for medication administration.
- Promoted strategies that effectively lowered census by improving department efficiencies.
- Assisted in the planning and coordination of over 100 interdisciplinary meetings/rounds per month promoting patient satisfaction and safety awareness within the facility.
- Enhanced hospital efficiency by identifying new opportunities for products and services resulting in increased revenue from outside sources.
Float Nurse Resume Sample 10
- Fluent in Spanish, Portuguese, and English.
- Reviewed medical records to ensure appropriate care by following physicians’ orders, maintaining safe transition-of-care documentation, and checking patients’ identification before each patient encounter.
- Monitored clinical equipment functions according to standard protocol during the night shift for four consecutive weeks.
- Promptly responded to room calls for emergency code blue events; documented call times and condition of patient response per hospital policy.
- Prudently communicated with all nursing staff to assess needs, implement task delegation, and maintain overall positive departmental morale.
Float Nurse Resume Sample 11
- Supported the treatment of over 2,400 patients on an inpatient oncology/hospice unit for over eight years.
- Monitored patient activities at all times while maintaining appropriate confidentiality, privacy, and dignity of all patient encounters during four years on the telemetry floor.
- Trained new graduate nurses in bedside nursing skills.
- Provided care to high-risk patients requiring non-traditional methods of resuscitation while maintaining appropriate documentation and protocol adherence.
- Identified patient concerns that required physician intervention; effectively communicated information to physicians after evaluating lab results and initiating necessary therapies or interventions.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.