Network support technicians do many duties related to network development and maintenance. They take part in troubleshooting computer issues and providing technical support and guidance to internal employees. They contribute to maintain well-functioning network systems in order for the business to operate in a smooth manner.
How to Become a Successful Network Support Technician?
Network support technicians must have a bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, network security, information systems, or management information systems. Technicians need to be proficient in Windows OS and MacOS, and able to test software as well as maintaining or repairing hardware devices when issues arise.
Support technicians must have the ability to regular conduct tests and data backups throughout the year to ensure systems work efficient at all time and protect company’s data. You will need to have great teamwork skills in order to help clients and colleagues with their computer and network usage problems and offering technical direction and advice to resolve issues.
Having the ability to plan system maintenance to check everything is running as it should be is crucial in the technician role. You must have good documentation skills in order to transcribe end user support and provide remote support for internal employees of the company.
Network support technicians need to be able to identify the causes of networking problems, using diagnostic testing software and equipment. Can install and configure wireless networking equipment. Technicians Can also configure and define parameters for installation of local area network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN), including hubs, routers, switches, and other related networking equipment.
The Best Network Support Technician Resume Samples
These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Network Technician resumes for your reference.
- Educate users regarding procedures for securing Personal Identifiable Information (PII).
- Train or instruct users in the proper use of hardware or software.
- Develop training materials and procedures related to the proper use of hardware and software.
- Troubleshoot and repair technical problems or issues related to computer hardware, software, internet access, and peripheral equipment.
- Provide technical guidance and recommendations to resolve business problems.
- Install telecommunications electronics and ancillary equipment in accordance with Level 3 Standards.
- Installations in datacenter/central office environment as well as at the customer premises locations.
- Familiar with node layouts, ironwork, outside/inside plant cabling, schematics, and ring drawings.
- Expert knowledge of T1, DS3, GigE 1G to 100G, Sonet OC 3 to OC 48, and Lambda.
- Professional installation, terminating and testing of Cat6, fiber and coaxial cable.
- Installation of sound masking network and distributed antenna system.
- Identify the causes of networking problems, using diagnostic equipment.
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues with cable performance in a methodical, time efficient way.
- Perform scheduled maintenance project work as assigned by Network Technicians.
- Identify potential clients for block-time agreements and prepare necessary Paper work.
- Coordinate with Service Manager to develop and implement initiatives to increase technical experience and knowledge of Service Department.
- Assemble and configure computers, printers, peripherals, network components and associated services for deployment.
- Configure, install and maintain basic network operations, including assembly of network hardware, installation of software and firmware components and provide assistance to the network administrator.
- Perform continuous network troubleshooting to isolate, prevent and as required, diagnose network problems and anomalies.
- Provide users with network technical support and respond to trouble tickets generated by users.
- Worked at various locations to work for other companies to put in network cabling accordance to what the customer was needing.
- Understood the implementation layer one connectivity and all necessary meeting for ongoing cable projects.
- Implemented various network closets such as IDF, MDF, Telco rooms, and Demarcations.
- Worked in high energy level, dynamic and practice in handling and resolving customer complaints with 100% effectiveness.
- Configuration of components (routers, radios, switches) and wireless frequencies.
- Monitor network and troubleshoot customer services, as well as, tower site.
- Support development and implementation of new projects, applications and new software and hardware installations.
- Installation and repair of all U-verse Fiber Optic and IP-DSLAM Systems.
- Member of safety committee, demonstrates the proper use of equipment to crew and compliance checks.
- Smith driving certified, perform bi-monthly checks with team members that proper Smith driving techniques are being followed.
- Performs troubleshooting on low voltage telcom wiring, in home networking and computer systems.
- Responsible for installing, testing, maintaining and servicing all long haul network services and equipment.
- Provide a more technical and design-based aspect of network maintenance and development.
- Prioritize troubles due to importance, factoring in customer affecting outages.
- Proficient in fiber optic cable splicing while installing, testing, maintaining and repairing multi-language equipment in order to maintain connectivity between company offices and services for other carriers.
- Expertly Installed and configured computer hardware, operating systems and applications as per requirement.
- Managed troubleshooting system and network problems by diagnosing and repairing hardware or software.
- Performed Fault testing and evaluated innovative technology, replaced parts as required.
- Deliver daily technical support for email, network, connectivity, telecommunications, peripheral equipment and system maintenance.
- Track issues to resolution updating an internal knowledgebase and/or communicating findings with relevant business units.
- Set up computers, install software and configure mobile devices.
- Responsible for the installation, testing, and maintenance of network infrastructure such as CAT 6, coax, Multimode 50 micron and 62.5 micron, Singlemode 9 micron, and one hundred to twelve hundred pair cable.
- Performed job duties in datacenter, professional, and construction environments.
- Worked with several telecommunications and data solutions including but not limited to Panduit, Krone, Systemax, Ortronics, and Leviton.