A network support technician is responsible for ensuring that the computer systems of an organization are functioning properly. Duties include checking users’ workstations, determining whether any changes in hardware or software configuration are needed, maintaining equipment inventories, installing new hardware and software, testing cables to rule out possible problems with connectivity, updating virus definitions on every system, completing routine paperwork about problem reports and solutions, and answering questions via phone calls or emails from customers. The top skills for this position are customer service, sales, computers, and technology, problem-solving abilities, troubleshooting technologies, training others in technical subjects. A high school diploma is required along with knowledge of basic networking concepts.
The Best Network Support Technician Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Network Technician resumes for your reference.
- Educate users regarding procedures for securing Personal Identifiable Information (PII).
- Train or instruct users in the proper use of hardware or software.
- Develop training materials and procedures related to the proper use of hardware and software.
- Troubleshoot and repair technical problems or issues related to computer hardware, software, internet access, and peripheral equipment.
- Provide technical guidance and recommendations to resolve business problems.
- Install telecommunications electronics and ancillary equipment in accordance with Level 3 Standards.
- Installations in the data center/central office environment as well as at the customer premises locations.
- Familiar with node layouts, ironwork, outside/inside plant cabling, schematics, and ring drawings.
- Expert knowledge of T1, DS3, GigE 1G to 100G, Sonet OC 3 to OC 48, and Lambda.
- Administered the installation and maintenance of over 200 computers, peripheral devices in a manufacturing facility.
- Professional installation, terminating, and testing of Cat6, fiber, and coaxial cable.
- Installation of sound masking network and distributed antenna system.
- Identify the causes of networking problems, using diagnostic equipment.
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues with cable performance in a methodical, time-efficient way.
- Designed, installed, tested, and helped maintain the company’s network system in a design architecture of 4 Local Area Networks and 10 workgroup servers.
- Perform scheduled maintenance project work as assigned by Network Technicians.
- Identify potential clients for block-time agreements and prepare necessary Paperwork.
- Coordinate with Service Manager to develop and implement initiatives to increase technical experience and knowledge of Service Department.
- Successfully upgraded network communications from 10BaseT to 100BaseT. Implemented security measures to safeguard proprietary internal communications with external networks.
- Migrated the database application from OS/2 to Windows 2000; increased productivity by 15% for employees who used database applications daily.
- Assemble and configure computers, printers, peripherals, network components, and associated services for deployment.
- Configure, install and maintain basic network operations, including assembly of network hardware, installation of software and firmware components, and providing assistance to the network administrator.
- Perform continuous network troubleshooting to isolate, prevent and as required, diagnose network problems and anomalies.
- Provide users with network technical support and respond to trouble tickets generated by users.
- Managed and designed several Technical Support forms into an automated trouble ticket system to improve organization, workflow, management, and performance evaluation.
- Worked at various locations to work for other companies to put in network cabling in accordance with what the customer was needing.
- Understood the implementation layer one connectivity and all necessary meeting for ongoing cable projects.
- Implemented various network closets such as IDF, MDF, Telco rooms, and Demarcations.
- Worked in high energy level, dynamic, and practice in handling and resolving customer complaints with 100% effectiveness.
- Trusted, skilled, and professional team player with experience installing, maintaining, and repairing networked computer systems.
- Configuration of components (routers, radios, switches) and wireless frequencies.
- Monitor network and troubleshoot customer services, as well as, tower site.
- Support development and implementation of new projects, applications, and new software and hardware installations.
- Provided superior customer service to clients with network and Internet access as well as application development.
- Diagnosed and resolved problems using advanced diagnostic tools; maintained equipment in excellent condition.
- Installation and repair of all U-verse Fiber Optic and IP-DSLAM Systems.
- Member of the safety committee demonstrates the proper use of equipment to crew and compliance checks.
- Smith driving certified, perform bi-monthly checks with team members that proper Smith driving techniques are being followed.
- Performs troubleshooting on low voltage telecom wiring, in-home networking, and computer systems.
- Trained new team members to ensure rapid recovery from system failures; developed site-specific procedures.
- Responsible for installing, testing, maintaining, and servicing all long-haul network services and equipment.
- Provide a more technical and design-based aspect of network maintenance and development.
- Prioritize troubles due to importance, factoring in customer affecting outages.
- Proficient in fiber optic cable splicing while installing, testing, maintaining, and repairing multi-language equipment in order to maintain connectivity between company offices and services for other carriers.
- Assisted in the administration of the company’s computer security policies; built user confidence by resolving system issues quickly.
- Expertly Installed and configured computer hardware, operating systems, and applications as per requirement.
- Managed troubleshooting system and network problems by diagnosing and repairing hardware or software.
- Performed Fault testing and evaluated innovative technology, replaced parts as required.
- Troubleshot computer hardware, software, and basic connectivity issues in a professional manner.
- Opened, configured, and closed more than one hundred new user accounts with the highest accuracy.
- Deliver daily technical support for email, network, connectivity, telecommunications, peripheral equipment, and system maintenance.
- Track issues to resolution update an internal knowledge base and/or communicate findings with relevant business units.
- Set up computers, install software, and configure mobile devices.
- Adhered to company policy regarding client information access to ensure adherence to confidentiality guidelines.
- Trained first-time users through direct assistance; consulted with supervisor on complicated issues.
- Responsible for the installation, testing, and maintenance of network infrastructure such as CAT 6, coax, Multimode 50 micron and 62.5 microns, Singlemode 9 micron, and one hundred to twelve hundred pair cable.
- Performed job duties in the data center, professional, and construction environments.
- Worked with several telecommunications and data solutions including but not limited to Panduit, Krone, Systemax, Ortronics, and Leviton.
- Stabilized operating system; experienced with Windows XP and 2000 as well as various software packages including Office, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Yahoo! Messenger.
- Revised network server hardware, operating systems, and applications to optimize network performance.
How to Become a Successful Network Support Technician?
Network support technicians must have a bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, network security, information systems, or management information systems. Technicians need to be proficient in Windows OS and macOS, and able to test software as well as maintain or repair hardware devices when issues arise.
Support technicians must have the ability to regular conduct tests and data backups throughout the year to ensure systems work efficiently at all times and protect the company’s data. You will need to have great teamwork skills in order to help clients and colleagues with their computer and network usage problems and offer technical direction and advice to resolve issues.
Having the ability to plan system maintenance to check everything is running as it should be is crucial in the technician role. You must have good documentation skills in order to transcribe end-user support and provide remote support for internal employees of the company.
Network support technicians need to be able to identify the causes of networking problems, using diagnostic testing software and equipment. Can install and configure wireless networking equipment. Technicians Can also configure and define parameters for the installation of local area network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN), including hubs, routers, switches, and other related networking equipment.
Network support technicians do many duties related to network development and maintenance. They take part in troubleshooting computer issues and providing technical support and guidance to internal employees. They contribute to maintaining well-functioning network systems in order for the business to operate in a smooth manner.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Network Support Technician Resume Samples
- How to Become a Successful Network Support Technician?
- Wrap Up