A concession stand worker is someone who assists with food and beverage preparation and distribution in a variety of places food and snacks are sold. Duties of a concession stand worker include food preparation, following food safety codes, assisting customers, taking payment, counting back change to customers, keeping track of inventory, and restocking and cleaning duties.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Concession Stand Worker Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Concession Stand Worker resumes for your reference.
Concession Stand Worker Resume Sample 1
- Greeted guests in a friendly, courteous manner while providing superior customer service.
- Trained new concession stand workers in proper procedures for food preparation, distribution, and cleanup.
- Educated customers on nutritional information in regards to concession stand food products.
- Assisted management with inventory control by accurately counting stock and reporting discrepancies.
- Promoted from Concession Stand Worker I to II after 6 months of successful employment due to excellence performance meeting standards set forth by the Food & Beverage Director.
Concession Stand Worker Resume Sample 2
- Worked ten-hour shifts for eight consecutive days during the busiest season of the year.
- Handled customer complaints promptly and effectively; earned commendations from managers on several occasions.
- Received consistent praise regarding speed, efficiency, and thoroughness of work between regular business hours and midnight closings.
- Assisted in preparation of concession stand for upcoming sporting events by changing messages on marquee board daily.
- Gained valuable experience about teamwork, time management skills, and adherence to schedules during retail operations internship.
Concession Stand Worker Resume Sample 3
- Started at $10.00 an hour; promoted to Concession Supervisor after three months for ability to learn recipes, make change in multiples of 5’s and 10’s, and working well with customers.
- Wowed guests with signature sandwiches; recognized by the Regional Manager for outstanding performance.
- Provided a warm welcome during shifts as a cashier on weekends and lunchtime hours before co-workers had arrived.
- Achieved award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines based on customer survey ratings from customers who had visited stand.
- Improved work production by 25% after successfully streamlining menu operations with management team using new computerized point of sale system.
Concession Stand Worker Resume Sample 4
- Bolstered bottom-line profitability for an amusement park’s concession stand by more than 15% through developing a new approach to food preparation and presentation.
- Maximized product yield of more than 100 percent on all self-service items by ensuring that serving utensils were available at peak times, daily specials were posted, rotating flavors were featured, and handouts with recipes were distributed.
- Introduced the first ever frozen yogurt branded concession at a state fair; led a team of 20 employees in revenue generation of eight figures within one month.
- Promoted to shift supervisor after demonstrating proficiency in exceeding standards for quality, cleanliness, presentation, safety, creativity, cost effectiveness and guest feedback while making at least one full-time employee’s work load easier.
- Created a successful catering business to accommodate the needs of customers who were unable to attend restaurants because of dietary restrictions, work schedules, or other reasons.
Concession Stand Worker Resume Sample 5
- Prepared and served food as a concession stand worker at the local baseball stadium.
- Learned how to make new dishes such as taco dogs, nachos, and onion rings, increasing sales by 25 percent with satisfaction from customers regarding taste and presentation.
- Grew an understanding of profit margins through grocery shopping for a restaurant franchise, adding a menu item with increased costs without losing revenue.
- Negotiated equipment leasing with suppliers on behalf of my employer.
- Won Employee of the Month two times in a row due to self-initiative to branch out into concessions outside of my main role with profits contributed toward baseball team fundraiser using donations from home town businesses.
Concession Stand Worker Resume Sample 6
- Compacted garbage, removed recycling material, and kept area clean.
- Replenished product in refrigerators; stocked shelves; restocked condiments, paper supplies, napkins, straws, sugar packets, plasticware.
- Ensured quality of products by accepting deliveries.
- Resolved customer complaints regarding product availability or pricing; improved morale by suggesting alternative items for purchase; provided customers with immediate refunds to ensure satisfaction.
- Recognized for exceptional service after receiving third annual “Employee Excellence Award.”
Concession Stand Worker Resume Sample 7
- Met with moviegoers to discuss concession items, answer questions about various snacks and soft drinks, and sell ticket packages.
- Provided exceptional customer service during peak hours by offering samples of new products or beverages, describing different types of candy or popcorn available for purchase.
- Achieved the highest rating among all concession stands in my theater location; recognized by manager as an outstanding performer.
- Developed methods for increasing profit margin per customer transaction; identified ways to keep costs down while providing superior products to patrons.
- Implemented best practices within concessions stand that resulted in significant improvements in speed of service, profitability, and product quality.
Concession Stand Worker Resume Sample 8
- Prepared, stored, served and managed the concession stand that was open twenty-four hours.
- Provided quality customer service that maintained patron satisfaction by resolving complaints or problems quickly and efficiently.
- Rated as one of five top employees for exceptional service delivery; recognized by manager during staff meeting.
- Greeted customers with a smile to show appreciation for their business; sold over $2,500 in daily sales during peak season.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory levels by checking expiration date of products before using them on order forms.
Concession Stand Worker Resume Sample 9
- Supported team effort by keeping concession stand area clean during break.
- Increased sales by developing rapport with customers using good interpersonal skills, positive attitude, and sense of humor.
- Achieved award for consistently providing excellent customer service to patients and visitors during the month of May while serving in the hospital’s senior dining program.
- Promoted to server while maintaining excellent standards of service for patient care; recognized by the Hospital Director following an unannounced visit to observe me at work.
- Received perfect score on final performance evaluation; leading to promotion as Assistant Food Service Supervisor within 6 months.
Concession Stand Worker Resume Sample 10
- Managed a team of 10 employees to provide superior customer experience and promote sales within a 20-mile radius.
- Designed, developed, and executed a new marketing campaign that equated profitable concessions to the number of customers served during each event.
- Promoted to Food & Beverage Manager after 8 months as an employee; recognized by the company as being 1 of 5 top performers from over 500 staff members nationwide.
- Successfully led a division of 20 food service employees in giving full support during the rollout of a new computerized point-of-sale system.
- Mastered industry codes and regulations for proper beverage dispensing techniques ensuring operational efficiency and environmental health compliance.
Concession Stand Worker Resume Sample 11
- Helped provide millions of hungry guests their favorite snacks and drinks at sports arenas, theme parks, zoos, museums, and other entertainment venues.
- Served up to 3,000 customers daily while adhering to health department guidelines for cleanliness and food safety.
- Trained new concession stand workers on their assigned tasks to maximize guest satisfaction.
- Generated a list of new menu ideas and product recommendations before the manager was able to complete an evaluation of existing menu.
- Received customer service award from two Regional Managers as recognition for outstanding performance.
Employment can be gained without formal education in most cases, but a minimum of a high school diploma may be required for management positions. Skills needed to be a concession stand worker are customer service skills, good attitude, food safety, food handling skills, cleanliness, basic math skills, ability to use a basic POS system, as well as organizational skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.