A Scribe helps doctors by taking notes during patient encounters. Their duties include transcribing notes, putting notes in medical charts, writing down medications, phoning in prescriptions, locating records, scheduling further testing and conducting research.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Scribe Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Scribe resumes for your reference.
Scribe Resume Sample 1
- Mentored the young staff at my job, correcting mistakes with a smile, teaching children to use Microsoft Word, and typing proficiently.
- Pictured in corporate photography for my department’s annual awards ceremony.
- Supervised the research of 50 representatives from all other departments and their staffs to prepare accurate documents which received attention from peers and our client organizations.
- Used my own creativity as an illustrator to create original drawings for memorabilia and presentations; respected confidentiality of information I was asked to gather or access.
- Learned how to continue learning while everyone else was busy doing their jobs.
Scribe Resume Sample 2
- Designed a new department form specification book by reorganizing, combining, and rewording from the old form specification manual.
- Transcribed highly confidential legal documents for attorney review in an effective and timely manner; recognized for highest performance.
- Recruited linguist of various languages to document foreign court proceedings.
- Successfully negotiated a resolution with opposing counsel over mismanaged documents and was praised by Judge for excellent skill in managing court case.
- Accurately prepared real estate documents for a loan transaction that were reviewed and approved by the title company without delay.
Scribe Resume Sample 3
- Proofread and edited as an accurate scribe for seven different authors in the publishing industry, including copyediting book content and index creation.
- Met deadline without any errors of duplicated material; proofed 300+ pages of a medical textbook in three days.
- Helped develop writing style and quality; aided author in perfecting manuscript for a case study for the American Bar Association.
- Met the requested quality standard as editor to improve clarity and flow of material used in presentation binders for medical professionals.
- Became trusted and valued member of the team; through consistent quality metrics demonstrated ability to complete tasks with an independent attitude.
Scribe Resume Sample 4
- Proofread and revised computerized form letters and original correspondence.
- Reorganized office files alphabetically, chronologically, and subject-wise.
- Conducted research on every conceivable topic to avoid complacency.
- Identified potential problems, solutions, cost factors, benefits, and resources; produced evidence-based solutions in a written format.
- Saved over $50,000 by reusing printed forms and replacement of office equipment due to proper preparation of electronic data transfer protocols.
Scribe Resume Sample 5
- Designed a database to track information of all items sold and costed; elected as the secretary for the vice president.
- Selected as the only person to handle financial documents for nine different situations; selected for first place in finance for career achievement by faculty.
- Composed over 300 letters and memos; received a customer service award from customer service director.
- Conducted over 1000 telephone surveys during four years of employment with an income portfolio of $4000 per month or $48000 per year; recognized as top performer.
- Proved to be the most accurate typist in office by typing four lines per minute with 0% errors, three years running.
Scribe Resume Sample 6
- Helped prepare and update five different company manuals for a nationally recognized technical publishing firm.
- Updated electronic databases with current and accurate information to maintain the integrity of the information.
- Hand delivered manuals, newsletters, and reports to employees in designated areas to ensure timely delivery of products without errors.
- Fully documented requests for information from client departments for coordinated action based on the needs of customers, clients, and staff.
- Hand delivered financial reports upon request of client departments to ensure timely delivery as well as accuracy in accounting data.
Scribe Resume Sample 7
- Served as a key support personnel in multiple departments during a three-year assignment at a national sports and entertainment organization, where I completed the majority of the tasks provided by others.
- Responsible for tracking and circulation of documents, data, and patient charts while working with an urgent care clinic.
- Maintained bank account at various banks to ensure accurate fiscal data as well as maintaining proper oversight without physical presence.
- Accurately maintained both file and membership files for professional organizations.
- Accurately completed daily tasks on work schedule regardless of position to ensure efficiency in all areas of department’s operation.
Scribe Resume Sample 8
- Manually copied, tallied, and filed all required files within a 15-month period.
- Managed the finance and payroll department by ensuring on-time completion of each document.
- Worked as an intern while fulfilling eight core responsibilities in the office of the President; significantly improved office organization and information management systems.
- Created new customer communication processes via customer satisfaction surveys to generate feedback and improve customer relations.
- Filed a DoD & OSPR request within two weeks of its submission to ensure timely response.
Scribe Resume Sample 9
- Routinely and accurately recorded the time spent by employees for projects such as adjusting, filing, sorting, and processing payroll.
- Researched and incorporated numerous organizational concepts from various sources. Educated staff on new or challenged procedures.
- Processed and compiled information from various sources as well as researched new ideas to improve processes and procedures.
- Provided clerical assistance in a timely manner according to established guidelines and standards of practice.
- Analyzed received information items; compiled data collections; and communicated relevant recommendations to upper management.
Scribe Resume Sample 10
- Provided high-quality transcription and editing of a variety of documents; transcripts were organized and clearly displayed.
- Received positive affirmation regarding my positive attitude, professionalism, and outstanding production from the Managing Editor.
- Invited to transcribe and edit at a regional conference due to my exemplary performance among peers during a prior 5 hour trial session.
- Requested by the Managing Editor for support in technical research for writing assignments; edited notes for publication in a nationally distributed publication.
- Edited and transcribed conference proceedings, speeches, and workshops; edited final project for publication in a national medical journal.
Scribe Resume Sample 11
- Handled personnel, facilities, and building maintenance for a university of 3000 students and 1200 employees.
- Managed fifty-five positions in application processing, payroll, accounting, personnel records management, and data analysis.
- Recruited new staff members to meet the ever growing demands within the organization.
- Coordinated university communications through intense scheduling of events media relations and communications.
- Initiated new projects including the expansion of our information technology department to keep up with the ever changing technologies implemented by our clients. Overseeing installation of computerized information systems including enterprise resource planning (ERP).
Scribe Resume Sample 12
- Determined and recorded inventory of historical documents.
- Tracked and classified material for historical archives.
- Verified accuracy, relevance, and order of documents stored in the archives.
- Delivered administrative and clerical assistance to all departments at Company Headquarters; expedited administrative tasks while improving communication channels between departments.
- Motivated others to achieve goals through encouragement, collaboration, and interdepartmental support.
A medical scribe must have a minimum of a high school diploma, but most employers want certification or a bachelor’s degree in a related field. Skills needed are excellent communication skills, ability to take notes quickly, ability to maintain patient privacy, ability to take instruction, excellent computer skills, familiarity with medical terminology, and experience in data entry.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.