Program Assistants are responsible for performing clerical duties during the course of the day. These duties may include assisting with payroll, filing patient charts, updating records, data entry. The top skills required for this position are a strong work ethic, excellent written communication skills (ability to communicate information or ideas in writing), good decision-making abilities. A high school diploma or equivalent is required; previous experience in an administrative role can be helpful but not necessary.
The Best Program Assistant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Program Assistant resumes for your reference.
- Supervise all aspects of the program including administrative tasks and management of group leaders.
- Primary liaison for parents, school administration, and staff personnel.
- Works closely with the Program Director to establish internal program goals and maintain outcome requirements mandated by the program provider.
- Effectively maintained a high level of productivity by handling 20+ complex cases per day.
- Trained staff to be strong in customer service, communication, and accuracy under pressure.
- Provide resources to graduate students by posting career opportunities on CareerNet, the career database.
- Create visual presentations for students regarding resumes, cover letters, and job-search advice.
- Collaborate with Graduate Team to execute assigned projects by analyzing data and recording information.
- Facilitate and coordinate events to assist graduate students in their personal career development.
- Provided exemplary support by managing a high turnover of cases through 20+ co-workers & supervisors, who were frequently absent.
- Supervised a team of clerical aides and interns by delegating program integrity tasks in preparation for audit.
- Processed and approved payroll timesheets for 400 participants ages 14-24.
- Sent external communication to participants regarding various program documents.
- Provided support to Program Manager and Coordinator with program outcomes via data collection and tracking.
- Managed a $200,000 budget and one administrative assistant.
- Coordinate events for the Student Counseling and Psychological Services (S-CAPS) department.
- Coordinate event publicity and registration, website postings, and development of materials.
- Provide confidential support for S-CAPS office functions in the college for all transactions with accounts.
- Proven leadership skills through promotion from Program Assistant to Program Coordinator in less than 1 year; 3 others moved up with me.
- Aided in the planning and executing of office procedures, which enhanced the efficiency of the department’s operations.
- Generated Excel sheets containing confidential student information Student Advisory Board Member/ Peer Mentor.
- Taught students how to register for courses and navigate online degree requirements.
- Nominated by the assistant director to be one of seven students representing over 200 members.
- Motivated students to continue to work toward career dreams despite setbacks.
- Supported supervisors with clerical duties; ensured the smooth operational flow of administrative tasks.
- Completion of individualized service plans, group meals, and facility upkeep.
- Documenting the progress of each client to assure the individual’s health is maintained.
- Planning of recreational and entertainment activities and accompanying individuals during such activities.
- Facilitates and/or performs shopping, purchasing activities, meal planning, and meal preparation.
- Performed duties in various departments to assist in a smooth transition by aiding personnel to make appropriate contacts, coordinate services, and fill in for absences.
- Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos, and emails.
- Represent Director by attending the off-site meetings and speaking for the director in her absence.
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; placing and expediting orders for supplies.
- Defined priorities for support staff; proved effective decision-making as a liaison between supervisor and employees.
- Effectively communicated risks and solutions for medical/dental insurance coverage within the Health Benefits department.
- Assist Program Attorney to ensure the continuing legal education programs are executed seamlessly.
- Greet faculty and attendees on program day. Answer their questions or concerns in a professional manner.
- Assemble Chair Packets, program binders for Program Attorney, AV schedules, and press lists.
- Requesting and tracking the receipt of all required forms and materials – releases, bios, Course Handbook materials, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Review and edit marketing material, including brochures, flyers, letters, emails, annual reports, and catalog copy.
- Participated in all aspects of screening, scheduling appointments, and Food Instrument Security and Distribution.
- Send and give out notification letters about certification periods, and the end of eligibility.
- Answered telephone inquiries/Maintained daily files of WIC participants.
- Performed data entry on WICISIS Verify Identity income residency to determine WIC eligibility.
- Organized and conducted workshops, conferences, and social networking sessions for more than 100 people.
- Answers questions and inquiries via telephone and routes calls to appropriate departments.
- Collects verify and input data as well as maintains program files and records.
- Creates and updates forms such as reports, memorandums, bills, grants, and applications.
- Maintains sufficient stock of inventory by ordering supplies, receiving inventory, and preparing requisitions.
- Maintained accurate records of attendance and disbursement of funds for programs.
- Collaborate with Director to write memos and letters to faculty and staff.
- Greet clients in person as well as via telephone, review voicemails/emails, and relay messages to staff.
- Guided Student Support Services and Dean of students to accommodate students in need of counseling.
- Prepared a program budget for $10,000 based on income estimates; requested a grant to cover expenses.
- Assisted with preparation of reports; updated/maintained master files; developed staff training curriculum.
- Ensure our Service Providers are upholding 1199SEIU Child Care Fund compliance regulations.
- Manage and negotiate Service Provider contracts totaling approximately half-million dollars.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating the childcare service provider database and vendor information.
- Track and monitor service provider budget information, and 168 commitment agreement contracts, scan provider’s compliance documents, and file for yearly auditing.
- Conducted a program survey regarding the success of services provided to clients; developed strategies for improvement.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.