An Investment banker uses financial models to evaluate companies and assist clients in raising capital. Their duties include facilitating merger and acquisitions, developing recommendations, performing research, analyzing financial transactions, creating portfolio presentations for clients, and completing private equity transactions.
To work as an Investment Banker, you need a bachelor’s degree in finance or Economics, a CFA with series 7 and 66 licenses, as well as 3 years of experience in related fields or as an underwriter. An Investment Banker must know market trends, the ability to work with tight deadlines, to work well under pressure, have experience with financial modeling, experience with financial forecasting, outstanding communication skills, attention to detail, and excellent math and statistic skills.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Investment Banker Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Investment Banker resumes for your reference.
Investment Banker Resume Sample 1
- Directed two employees in the accounting department by organizing daily work flow, creating new procedures to streamline operations, and revising existing policies.
- Negotiated with vendors in successfully restructuring contract terms for reduced rates in multi-million dollar deal with Fortune 500 company in my territory.
- Spearheaded investment banking initiative that lead to the formation of a global task force consisting of more than 300 members from all levels of my organization.
- Appointed as acting director after the resignation of the director during his sick leave due to cancer treatment; put in place new team leads and restructured project teams while working closely with other departmental managers.
- Monitored financial activities of European branch to ensure operations in compliance with SEC and FDA regulations, resolved complex issues involving international investments.
Investment Banker Resume Sample 2
- Evaluated and progressed sales of over $200 million in loan products; recognized by the regions top producers based on consistently strong product knowledge.
- Introduced and defined strategy for a new line of business with clients, which led to first quarter year-over-year growth exceeding 20%.
- Identified key partnership opportunities related to new products; collaborated with senior management team at three regional offices to implement their roll out.
- Built client relationships by presenting complex financial analysis as simply as possible using compelling Power Point presentations.
- Performed extensive research and collected data on industry trends and competitor offerings. Managed production of reports including accounts receivable, costs and expenses, revenue recognition, inventory turnover ratios, and customer valuation.
Investment Banker Resume Sample 3
- Negotiated a line of credit for a global mining company with a syndicate of seven international banks.
- Researched alternative methods to increase the overall value of the companies I worked with including mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures.
- Aligned financial expectations for buyers and sellers during M&A transactions by determining all parties’ potential returns through proper due diligence and valuation processes.
- Analyzed market conditions and determined optimal terms and pricing for multiple bond issues for Bahrain’s largest construction conglomerate.
- Reported on major trends in real estate markets throughout Saudi Arabia as part of an annual market survey.
Investment Banker Resume Sample 4
- Annualized projected revenue of $8.4 million for new client, Widget Inc., generating new fee income, increasing future lending opportunities, and resulting in dynamic quota achievement.
- Proactive member responsible for maximizing client-facing revenues by generating new business within assigned sector of the company. Generated over $800k in new revenue within first 9 months at company.
- Authored report that led to the sale of a building currently worth over $7 million net to equity recovery; recognized as an asset relocation expert through both customer satisfaction and high volume of repeat sales activity with other customers using my services.
- Grew average portfolio size from $5 million more than $10 million during first year using a combination of equity and debt injection.
- Contributed to the sale of a $12 million portfolio by scouting for new and current clients, negotiating the sale price and terms of contract, and marketing the properties; recognized as a top performer in total commissions generated during first year.
Investment Banker Resume Sample 5
- Originally recognized as the head of successful deal teams for exceeding personal quotas.
- Produced record-setting profits in foreign exchange arbitrage, mergers and acquisitions, insurance, project finance, Internet banking.
- Personally estimated value on over $7 Billion worth of assets at JP Morgan Chase including ExxonMobil Chemical Company Inc., Telefonica SA, eBay Inc., Mattel Inc., GE Capital Corp.
- Monitored company compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Act regulations for General Electric’s World Financial Services division.
- Recognized leadership abilities through increased responsibilities within the bank including being assigned to oversee wire transfers for professional athletes’ salaries along with consulting on hedge investments based on quantitative data.
Investment Banker Resume Sample 6
- Gained first-hand investment banking experience by successfully obtaining a paid internship with Goldman Sachs, New York City.
- Achieved designation as Proprietary Trader after two years of successful research, analysis, and trading.
- Received bonus for being top sales performer in the Global Capital Markets/Equities Division for first quarter of fiscal year 2014.
- Presented award to high-profile client for cumulative value of derivative trades exceeding $100 million over the course of three years.
- Exceeded production goals by 30 percent through effective market strategies utilizing both primary and secondary capital markets.
Investment Banker Resume Sample 7
- Proven ability to meet and exceed expectations through a strong work ethic, dedication, and a positive attitude.
- Gained significant experience within the investment banking industry.
- Provided top tier client service by understanding client needs, providing relevant advice and executing trades efficiently.
- Closed several transactions above the target volume for various clients.
- Designed innovative research reports that highlighted company/sector trends as well as buy/sell recommendations for securities of public companies.
Investment Banker Resume Sample 8
- Monitored all aspects of the custody and equity cash trading systems to address system user questions, inquiries, and issues.
- Reduced errors in trade allocations by 30% through the development of efficient automated procedures.
- Managed several bank accounts for two high-net worth individuals; compliant with SEC regulations on reporting insider information.
- Reconciled discrepancies between client statements and underlying bank records/transactions; resolved $400k+ discrepancy within one month.
- Modified investment methodology based upon new accounting rules; responsible for $50M AUM account.
Investment Banker Resume Sample 9
- Successfully compiled data on market performance to determine IT spend by region, industry sector, and technology.
- Improved the efficiency of an investment bank’s financial reporting process by creating a database that can be accessed by multiple users simultaneously.
- Spearheaded the direct solicitation of new banking business via cold-calling leads.
- Recognized for top sales in Europe with award winning results in 2009; 2009 marked third consecutive year achieving this recognition.
- Recruited directly from undergraduate institution to train within corporate finance division; advanced rapidly through firm’s ranks with proven executive capabilities.
Investment Banker Resume Sample 10
- Responsible for underwriting and selling all classes of equity securities including financial analysis, market making, and other related activities.
- Recognized by the Division Head as a “Top Producer” due to strong performance in investment banking.
- Performed extensive analysis of bank holding companies and advised management on merger and acquisition opportunities.
- Negotiated $100 million asset-based revolving credit facility between national bank and Fortune 500 manufacturing company; recognized as the Market Manager’s “Rookie of the Year.”
- Awarded efficient handling of North American cash equities during record-breaking fiscal year; responsible for over $8 billion in transactions that resulted in nearly $200 million dollars in revenue.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Investment Banker Resume Samples
- Investment Banker Resume Sample 1
- Investment Banker Resume Sample 2
- Investment Banker Resume Sample 3
- Investment Banker Resume Sample 4
- Investment Banker Resume Sample 5
- Investment Banker Resume Sample 6
- Investment Banker Resume Sample 7
- Investment Banker Resume Sample 8
- Investment Banker Resume Sample 9
- Investment Banker Resume Sample 10
- Wrap Up