An Account Payable Specialist manages all invoices billed to a company. Duties include answering phones, logging in invoices as they are received, matching invoices with purchase orders, resolving discrepancies, entering data into the computer system, solving problems with vendors, choosing invoices to be paid, and preparing the check run.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Account Payable Specialist Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Account Payable Specialist resumes for your reference.
Account Payable Specialist Resume Sample 1
- Enriched existing systems for expedient and accurate collection of delinquent accounts. Delivered outstanding customer service to vendors and customers alike; received meaningful recognition on a daily basis.
- Maintained accounts receivable net of allowances, credits, and write-offs; properly recorded changes in monthly payables; created a system of record.
- Effectively updated the monthly reconciliation of accounts receivable showing an increase or decrease between actuals and totals as well as audit balances, including adjustments for amounts owed to vendors and customers on existing invoices/bills of sale.
- Achieved award for meeting quality standards by submission of quarterly trial balance levels meeting electronic format standards.
- Earned award for meeting financial reporting quality standards through submission of a monthly bank reconciliation detailing monthly income and expenses.
Account Payable Specialist Resume Sample 2
- Identified financial irregularities.
- Investigated fraud and opened internal investigations.
- Accurately reconciled journal entries, operating reports and accounts payable in order to comply with federal guidelines and policies.
- Assisted other account payable specialists with expenses, travel and payroll.
- Implemented new procedures for creating original expense vouchers from original receipts. This procedure was approved by the Regional Manager.
Account Payable Specialist Resume Sample 3
- Completed payroll, including calculating deductions and credits in accordance with the new D’A Act.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate, legible, and correct financial records using Corporate accounting software and Audit software; completed quarterly check-in, reconciliation, and bank reconciliations in accordance with Bank policy guidelines.
- Effectively calculated payables from purchase invoices to account payables for assigned accounts; updated ledgers to reflect detailed documentation of all financial transactions for assigned accounts.
- Effectively applied resources to meet company performance goals by budgeting time for tasks which reflect a high level of responsibility.
- Maintained a positive image and the highest level of customer service by resolving customer concerns and questions efficiently, and by effectively answering phones, processing customer transactions and responding to mail.
Account Payable Specialist Resume Sample 4
- Successfully completed the departmental exam to become certified as a Certified Payroll Professional; achieved certification in less than 1 year.
- Completed a cost-recovery program that resulted in $15,000 savings per month; recognized by the manager for this achievement.
- Awarded outstanding employee of the quarter; received award at company picnic.
- Accurately processed expense reports and payments; received recognition from senior supervisors for being an essential link in departmental communication.
- Recognized by senior managers for outstanding customer service skills and audio/visual equipment maintenance abilities; received award at company picnic.
Account Payable Specialist Resume Sample 5
- Worked with five Vice Presidents during an organizational restructuring, building positive working relationships and understanding the departments’ reporting needs.
- Achieved excellence in customer service with clients requiring a high level of customer assistance, including phone calls and e-mails. Received outstanding performance award.
- Developed a method for changing tax rates for out-of-state companies, saving the company over $200,000.00 in annual taxes; recognized by Regional Director for outstanding achievement.
- Transformed from being an entry-level employee to one of the top four employees based on performance appraisal ratings.
- Received Merit Award for exemplary job performance and was nominated for a salary increase.
Account Payable Specialist Resume Sample 6
- Prepared accounts payable notes, checks, and presentation packages according to all company procedures in a very timely manner.
- Recognized for outstanding performance; received award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines based on customer survey ratings from customers who had applied for a loan.
- Earned appreciation as an account payable specialist; effectively presented accounts receivable in a timely manner. Monitored the collection of accounts receivable from vendors.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively compiled and analyzed data relating to the accounts payable process.
Account Payable Specialist Resume Sample 7
- Performed ad hoc duties in the preparation and distribution of financial statements to management, shareholders, and lenders.
- Earned excellent rating on annual performance review based on results achieved during the prior year.
- Recognized by regional manager for outstanding performance; demonstrated ability to effectively use and communicate accounting techniques.
- Received recognition for outstanding level of customer satisfaction; effectively handled all aspects of invoice processing.
Account Payable Specialist Resume Sample 8
- Adhered to company guidelines regarding the proper method of processing expense reports according to the needs of the university.
- Timely processed payroll information and maintained the accuracy of data while ensuring that accounts were reconciled in a timely manner.
- Provided assistance with new vendor contract implementation.
- Established new accounts for university departments and took responsibility for record keeping on all disbursements from these accounts.
- Provided managers with post closing trial balances after a period of time in order to ensure accuracy in account reconciliation and data integrity.
Account Payable Specialist Resume Sample 9
- Tracked and reconciled accounts payable.
- Maintained vendor relationships, enforced policies for expenditures and managed control over invoice approvals.
- Provided accurate and timely reports that aided in analyzing the financial status of a division.
- Reorganized departmental procedures and effectively implemented process improvements to increase productivity.
- Promoted to supervisory position overseeing payroll, accounts payable, purchasing and inventory control/receiving; recognized as Accounting Department’s “Employee of the Quarter.
Account Payable Specialist Resume Sample 10
- Designed, developed, and enhanced a proprietary data tracking system to track and monitor the payment process.
- Administered accounts payable system with ease; expedited payment requests while following company policy.
- Computed month-end financial statements; prepared all reports according to federal regulatory guidelines, effectively generated cost savings/revenue enhancements.
- Achieved award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines based on customer survey ratings; noted for exceptional service and dedication to the department.
- Received outstanding quality award for performance in the Accounts Payable department (over 1.7 million in payments processed within 4 months).
Account Payable Specialist Resume Sample 11
- Coordinated with management and financial personnel to ensure that all payments were made on time.
- Created, maintained, and closed the bank’s bookkeeping file.
- Developed and maintained a cycle programme for the monthly cash distribution.
- Made deposits in time for the bank’s treasury account.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively used little or no waiting time to process a loan application from beginning to end.
Account Payable Specialist Resume Sample 12
- Applied internal controls, played a part in auditing financial statements, and conducted monthly Corporation Commission audits.
- Assisted in implementing Enterprise Resource Planning across a 2-million $ budget.
- Provided sales and order entry support to local merchants; contributed to higher profitability by maintaining profitability in realistic range while remaining profitable.
- Influenced the success of the retail store by employing the philosophy of service above self-interest; provided first-rate customer service to ensure customer satisfaction, revenues and profits.
- Received award for excellent performance rating from peers who had evaluated my performance; established practices that ensured client satisfaction for the company’s most important client.
Account Payable Specialist Resume Sample 13
- Posted vendor invoices according to company’s accounting policies and procedures.
- Researched and resolved invoicing discrepancies; recognized by manager with a $300 bonus award.
- Set-up and operated the Invoicing and Accounts Payable module of computer software, balancing the accounts monthly.
- Maintained the categorized files for all invoices, saving time during processing.
- Provided a smooth transition when the Records & Payable department adopted a new computer system.
Account Payable Specialist Resume Sample 14
- Maintained accurate and timely inventory for merchandise.
- Resolved vendor billing discrepancies by adopting a policy of bringing vendors in to re-audit invoices, revising payment schedules, and ensuring that payments were being made as scheduled.
- Accurately compiled bank statements in accordance with federal regulations.
- Oversaw the purchase of expensive artwork, office equipment and building supplies to minimize the risk of inventory loss. Accurately recorded these transactions on bank statements and properly allocated costs according to federal regulations; services were provided within budget guidelines established by the organization.
- Awarded employee of the month for excellence and professionalism.
Educational requirements for this job are a minimum of a high school diploma, but many companies prefer an associate’s degree in business. An account payable specialist must demonstrate these skills: quick data entry, accuracy, diplomacy, positive people skills, critical thinking, good judgement, and basic accounting skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.