A vocational Nurse works in the healthcare setting for a hospital or company providing medical care to injured workers. Duties include assessing patients, taking blood pressures, performing blood draws, scheduling tests, assessing the range of motion, taking temperatures, educating patients on safe work practices, and assisting vocational doctors with procedures.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Vocational Nurse Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Vocational Nurse resumes for your reference.
Vocational Nurse Resume Sample 1
- Accepted and processed claims, conducted diagnostic and therapeutic examinations, ordered and monitored medication orders, and assisted inpatient care.
- Achieved outstanding quality award; received excellent survey ratings from all patients’ families; frequently volunteered to treat patients at the request of other nurses.
- Successfully merged hospital databases with various computer networks in order to process patient records in a timely manner.
- Achieved an award for superior job performance; received excellent survey ratings from all patients’ families; frequently volunteered to treat patients at the request of other nurses.
- Received acknowledgment of outstanding job performance and demonstrated ability inpatient care and nursing skills.
Vocational Nurse Resume Sample 2
- Documented examination, examination, and treatment of patients’ wounds.
- Prepared skin grafts for burn victims; supervised junior nurses in the application of skin grafts.
- Provided health care services to patients on a 24-hour basis, responding to emergencies as needed; earned award for the highest number of hours worked without absenteeism.
- Studied medical books and journals to keep abreast of new developments in surgical procedures; recognized by the hospital board as the best nurse on staff.
- Maintained positive relationships with physicians; recognized by physicians who recommended me for promotion to supervisor of nursing staff.
Vocational Nurse Resume Sample 3
- Supervised teaching assistants and nursing instructors for a clinical program.
- Served as a case manager, evaluation assistant, and instructor for the Nurse Practitioners’ Clinical Associate Program.
- Adhered to standards of nursing practice by practicing compassion with patients, colleagues, and students by acting with sensitivity and tact.
- Demonstrated initiative in identifying professional needs of students by making educational modules available via the internet.
- demonstrated leadership skills in influencing quality improvement with staff members, peers, students, or parents.
Vocational Nurse Resume Sample 4
- Collaborated with the DME department to apply for grants to purchase assistive equipment for patients.
- Completed satisfaction surveys voluntarily.
- Co-facilitated the peer review committee, which helped streamline the process of setting up meetings.
- Volunteered to run monthly patient groups for stroke victims.
- Achieved award as an employee of the quarter based on efficiency and dedication to issues affecting patients’ well-being.
Vocational Nurse Resume Sample 5
- Performed CPR on an 85-year-old female with no pulse.
- Prescribed medication to a patient following a thorough assessment of the patient’s condition.
- Ensured flu shots were administered on time to all patients who registered for the service.
- Located the source of an outbreak of norovirus inpatient rooms.
- Identified new exposure areas for airborne infectious diseases through exposure control surveillance, including circulation studies and range of motion exercises with patients in isolation rooms.
Vocational Nurse Resume Sample 6
- Competently trained staff in programs designed to promote customer service and give assistance to individuals with disabilities.
- Identified areas of concern and developed solutions to eliminate issues that adversely affected patients’ health care delivery.
- Constructively influenced a change in a hospital policy affecting the standards of patient care.
- Trained fellow staff members on the latest developments regarding patient’s rights laws, regulations, and procedures.
- Provided input on the design of a flyer highlighting community resources for individuals with disabilities, caregivers, and healthcare professionals.
Vocational Nurse Resume Sample 7
- Experienced co-worker’s difficulty with English fluency; assisted co-worker with communication, vocabulary development, and use of the computer.
- Found that co-worker was not delivering quality care to patients; assist with observations, documentation of the concerns, and documentation of corrective actions.
- Co-worker was absent for two consecutive days; participated in a telephone conference with Director of Nursing regarding suspension for management of patient’s condition.
- Discovered additional issues; conducted investigation; advocated for patient safety.
- Initiated improvements in patient care area; negotiated system resources to proceed with implementation.
Vocational Nurse Resume Sample 8
- Proven employee; consistently achieved daily, monthly, and quarterly productivity levels of 85% or higher.
- Authored article for “American Nurse” magazine; recognized by the director of Nursing as “a great example of the profession.”
- Received award for recognition in customer service; demonstrated outstanding memory recall during the subsequent interview process.
- Trained new employees to effectively answer incoming calls.
- Received commendation for outstanding work performance; rated as top-ten percent of employees within branch nationwide based on overall rating average, customer comments, and quality studies.
Vocational Nurse Resume Sample 9
- Collected, recorded, and interpreted data relating to patients; determined patient’s progress; made recommendations on patient care.
- Suggested improvements for nursing practices based on patient needs.
- Coordinated hospital admissions with physicians and caseworkers; arranged for patient transport to assigned facilities.
- Earned a Hospital Excellence Award for outstanding achievement in reducing bloodstream infections by assessing and implementing a plan to combat the spread of infections.
- Led a team in developing a cost-effective system to record, code, and report statistics for patients treated in the hospital’s emergency room.
Vocational Nurse Resume Sample 10
- Experienced in psychomotor development and physical care of infants and toddlers with developmental delays in a variety of rehabilitation and education settings.
- Recognized for my interpersonal skills when working with clients; earned “Employee of the Month” award.
- Awarded for my ability to assess client needs and develop appropriate interventions; effectively communicated care plan to client/family/interdisciplinary team (IDT).
- Presented a paper at the state nursing annual conference on the use of self-advocacy, environmental manipulation, and task analysis with children who have multiple disabilities.
- Met goals while maintaining an average score of 91% on nursing competency tests; recognized by nursing supervisor.
Vocational Nurse Resume Sample 11
- Successfully assisted patients with medical problems, including pain management.
- Reported pertinent information to physician regarding patient conditions.
- Assisted patients with medication therapy and optimum medical procedures.
- Provided quality customer service, both to internal customers (i.e., physicians) and external customers (i.e., patients); received high remarks on comments cards from employees, physicians, and patients for exceptionally pleasant demeanor during stressful situations.
- Provided top-notch nursing care to medically challenged individuals; provided the highest level of excellence in compassionate care.
Vocational Nurse Resume Sample 12
- Contacted consumers to determine their necessity for medical equipment and services. Identified health care needs and referred them to the appropriate supplier.
- Enrolled indigent patients in Medicare or Medicaid, provided them with the necessary medications, arranged for their appointments with doctors, operated x-ray equipment, photographed pharynxes/chest/abdomen/pelvis during procedures. Generated sufficient income to support my family.
- Provided treatment and services to patients and the community. Generated sufficient income to support my family.
- Supervised and directed personnel involved in diagnostic medical imaging, such as computerized axial tomography (CAT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRIs), and sonograms.
- Efficiently managed all nursing operations for a state-licensed health care facility; generated sufficient income to support my family.
Vocational Nurse Resume Sample 13
- Improved agency’s record of patient outcomes by providing competent, confidential care for patients.
- Earned commendation from Regional Manager for high performance during a 30-day period.
- Accomplished a number of business objectives through effective communication with clients and fellow staff members.
- Received plaque for outstanding quality management.
- Achieved award for a most improved employee in quarter three of the operating year; assisted in the development and implementation of new procedures and programs within the agency.
Vocational Nurse Resume Sample 14
- Integrated into teaching team; recognized by the Chief Nursing Officer as the Administrative Superstar; also received the outstanding quality award; implemented orderly processes for inventory control and performed rapid inventory counts.
- Recognized by the Flight Nurse Manager as one of the performance leaders in the department; successfully led a Remote Patient Monitoring Team.
- Received outstanding quality award for demonstrating exceptional problem solving skills, being able to multi-task, and conducting efficient work – all while handling multiple incidents simultaneously.
- Demonstrated leadership skills by directing three teams utilizing nursing procedures to maintain hospital safety standards.
- Recommended for quality improvement award; part of a team that developed an overall plan for within-unit standardized care and the development of patient care plans.
Educational requirements include an associate or bachelor’s degree in nursing and various certifications and licensures according to state laws. Skills to succeed include attention to detail, organized, proficient in electronic medical records, assessment skills, knowledge of infectious disease controls, ability to pass a background check, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Vocational Nurse Resume Samples
- Vocational Nurse Resume Sample 1
- Vocational Nurse Resume Sample 2
- Vocational Nurse Resume Sample 3
- Vocational Nurse Resume Sample 4
- Vocational Nurse Resume Sample 5
- Vocational Nurse Resume Sample 6
- Vocational Nurse Resume Sample 7
- Vocational Nurse Resume Sample 8
- Vocational Nurse Resume Sample 9
- Vocational Nurse Resume Sample 10
- Vocational Nurse Resume Sample 11
- Vocational Nurse Resume Sample 12
- Vocational Nurse Resume Sample 13
- Vocational Nurse Resume Sample 14
- Wrap Up