A Group Home Worker helps residents in a group home with daily tasks. Their duties include bathing and dressing residents, assisting with administering prescribed medications, cleaning dishes and doing laundry, completing and updating documentation required by state and federal regulations, and working with Residential Nurses to implement individual treatment programs.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Group Home Worker Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Group Home Worker resumes for your reference.
Group Home Worker Resume Sample 1
- Worked with a team in providing a variety of services to the residents of the group home.
- Collaborated with other employees in developing, implementing, and evaluating programs that provided a sense of permanency in residents’ lives.
- Developed a safe and comfortable environment in a group home in a residential neighborhood by establishing regular routines and procedures.
- Maintained close relationships with caregivers, social workers, therapists, and courts to ensure effective coordination of services for residents.
- Provided foster family classroom instruction to prospective foster parents on such topics as transition planning, behavioral management strategies for children with special needs, and techniques for supporting children’s development.
Group Home Worker Resume Sample 2
- Assigned tasks such as dusting, vacuuming, and cleaning toilets; completed housekeeping duties with exceptional neatness.
- Restored dignity to residents by performing their hair and makeup; created a fun and relaxing atmosphere for the residents.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively compiled data relating to clients and activities.
- Achieved award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines based on customer survey ratings from clients who had visited the shelter.
- Received appreciation as a call monitoring Superstar; effectively addressed the needs and concerns of building management based on client survey ratings.
Group Home Worker Resume Sample 3
- Organized volunteers in 4 locations; made sure that tasks were performed in a timely manner.
- Handled regulatory requirements regarding food, sanitation, and employee health & safety; compliant with codes and regulations regarding sanitation, food preparation, equipment maintenance, and safety.
- Achieved exceptional rating for customer satisfaction survey rating from employees who had applied for a position at the nonprofit agency where I was employed.
- Adherence to detailed documentation of all steps undertaken to ensure complete completion of projects without mistakes wasted time or resources.
- Achieved award for superior quality. Received recognition to work well with others. Adhered to all protocols without any mistakes.
Group Home Worker Resume Sample 4
- Accomplished Volunteer of Year for working more than 500 hours with the elderly in the handicapped group home.
- Accomplished multi-tasker by accomplishing all administrative tasks while maintaining a high level of professionalism, patience, and empathy with clients.
- Accomplished Individual Service Coordinator by creating individualized service plans for clients that improved their socialization skills and therefore allowed them to be able to participate in common activities that they would not normally participate in on their own.
- Accomplished Family Service Coordinator by implementing services to families with disabled members by assisting family members in locating resources and in dealing with financial problems and day-to-day issues.
- Accomplished Individual Service Coordinator by assisting clients to plan for future events, including their eventual passage, by giving them opportunities to enjoy their life while they were alive.
Group Home Worker Resume Sample 5
- Promoted volunteer to lead a team of volunteers in coordinating and organizing events.
- Was a resource for other members of the team regarding event scheduling, committee work, and work ethics.
- Achieved award for providing outstanding customer service; provided exceptional customer service while assisting customers with their needs while adhering to charity’s guidelines regarding cash handling techniques.
- Established new procedures for financial records keeping, taxes, etc.
- Achieved award for outstanding customer service; providing exceptional customer service while participating in community events on-site.
Group Home Worker Resume Sample 6
- Year 1: Sent quarterly mailings and guided clients on ensuring accuracy and completeness of documents.
- Recruited and placed new clients in day homes.
- Created phone tree system that was easy for clients to use; ensured that calls were answered by an assigned staff member within 10 minutes.
- Managed home closings with multiple parties; managed paperwork so that all parties received their share of funds.
- Efficiently organized and maintained client files; streamlined daily transactions.
Group Home Worker Resume Sample 7
- Volunteered 40+ hours weekly; supported children and adults with disabilities by performing activities of daily living, preparing meals, and cleaning.
- Managed the daily schedule to ensure that all chores were completed.
- Supported the wellbeing of residents by providing their prescribed medications on time, maintaining a neat environment, and performing personal hygiene for all residents.
- Encouraged individuals to develop their own abilities by interacting with them in an engaging manner.
- Recognized for outstanding service when assisting a resident with emergency instructions in anticipation of a medical emergency occurring during an outing at a local museum.
Group Home Worker Resume Sample 8
- Led a team of home care workers to become Team Champions at the annual charity conference.
- Worked closely with the Executive Director to hire new employees to meet goals.
- Worked with social workers, trained caregivers, and volunteers for all aspects of the organization’s operations, including staffing services, finances, marketing, and publicity.
- Project manager for several fundraisers; worked closely with accountants to ensure accuracy in financial reports.
- Responsible for hiring new employees; coordinated training curriculum for new hires.
Group Home Worker Resume Sample 9
- Researched, selected, and trained staff.
- Supervised staff at three different sites.
- Received outstanding award for exceptional service to clients and the community.
- Created and implemented scheduling and communication systems; managed a team of case managers; supervised up to seven high school students studying social work while involved in community service projects; managed a budget of $35,000; managed a team of case managers; insured that staff was trained in relevant areas such as crisis intervention, family relations, chemical dependency, crisis intervention.
- Recipient of Community Service Award; presented the keys to the city after saving an elderly woman from a fire in her home.
Group Home Worker Resume Sample 10
- Performed routine duties as a record keeper, secretary, and database coordinator.
- Implemented a program to provide counseling and support for clients during transitional times.
- Recognized by the Director of Operations for commitment to client service.
- Distributed supplies at a shelter during a Christmas toy drive.
- Distributed food and hygiene kits among the homeless population at a local shelter.
Group Home Worker Resume Sample 11
- Followed established organization’s program guidelines for units, units supervisors, and non-profits.
- Served as the Lead Supervisor for the day care unit; held supervisory responsibility for 7 individuals.
- Ensured that children received high-quality care based on child development factors.
- Assumed supervisory responsibilities for 4 individuals during childcare service delivery sessions.
- Achieved award for best teamwork; effectively addressed needs and concerns of co-workers while adhering to organization’s guidelines regarding communication, safety, and documentation.
Group Home Worker Resume Sample 12
- Presented a spirit of volunteerism and community service to the residents of a local residential home for disabled children.
- Communicated with the staff and family members regarding the well-being of children as well as performing necessary household chores.
- Participated in charity events to benefit the community; helped raise funds for equipment at local area schools.
- Partnered with public service organizations and local educational institutions to provide free tutoring and computer services to needy students.
- Maintained a high level of performance and accountability by meeting due dates and deadlines for forms and reports.
Group Home Worker Resume Sample 13
- Accepted a position as a home health aid for two different homes.
- Statistics on the number of complaints and the number of hours worked were monitored daily, as well as referrals for additional positions.
- Received excellent service award from the Executive Director of the program.
- Received award from board of directors for exceptional customer service. Was also recognized as an excellent employee by her employer.
- Completed the UBE training program with no tuition expenses borne by the organization. Received commendation from her board of directors, executive director, and nursing director alike.
To work as a Group Home Worker, you should have a high school diploma or equivalent, but a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or Psychology is beneficial. Group Home Workers should demonstrate excellent listening and interpersonal skills, patience, compassion, ability to work well within a team, and a strong desire to help others.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.