Finance executives manage financial activity within an organization at a top level. Their duties include managing financial/accounting personnel, developing company budgets and forecasts, facilitating capital expenditures, reviewing ROI’s, and providing financial reporting.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Finance Executive Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Finance Executive resumes for your reference.
Finance Executive Resume Sample 1
- Analyzed current efficiency of the call center by reviewing individual agents’ time spent on calls to determine areas for improvement.
- Negotiated lower prices with vendors; directly resulted in $50,000 yearly savings.
- Forged relationships with local community organizations resulting in over $15,000 assistance ranging from donations to public appearances.
- Monitored quarterly reports to ensure profitability and presented suggestions based on data analysis.
- Developed presentation skills during conference calls with company executives; enhanced company’s professional image through persuasive speaking engagements.
Finance Executive Resume Sample 2
- Inaugurated a new business unit to deliver investment vehicles that link fixed income and real estate markets for institutional investors globally.
- Familiarized over 500 associates with over 500 mutual fund products, factoring fees, and policies, as well as overseeing P&L activities of team members.
- Negotiated and structured investment products totaling in excess of $1 billion, and advised on all aspects of product development.
- Played an instrumental role in developing new business initiatives including a mutual fund sweep product and a liquidity management platform for institutional investors.
- Authored white papers and articles on various aspects of the investment industry which have been published in both industry and mainstream publications.
Finance Executive Resume Sample 3
- Oversaw all company record keeping, accounts payable and receivable, payroll, tax reporting.
- Escalated several cash-flow problems to upper management.
- Organized for the annual holiday party; received appreciation from employees’ families.
- Designed new procedure for tracking delinquency in payment of notes receivable; helped to increase the department’s performance by $1.5M in current fiscal year.
- Improved customer service and brand loyalty by initiating the launch of new credit card products with decreased interest rates and increased perks for customers.
Finance Executive Resume Sample 4
- Managed corporate finances; repaid $3,000,000 in short-term loans and established long-term financing to prevent revocation of loan contracts.
- Restructured bank debt to finance new joint venture programs with other major stockholders; increased asset value by 35%.
- Organized $20 million dollar lawsuit against Fortune 500 company for misappropriation of assets; negotiated out of court settlement for full restitution.
- Negotiated interest adjustment clauses that saved bank over $250,000 per year on repossessed properties purchased through public auctions.
- Oversaw the formation of international corporation involving acquisition and mergers with financial institutions holding more than $1 billion dollars in assets.
Finance Executive Resume Sample 5
- Streamlined and automated payroll services for clients in the midwest region; named Employee of Month for October.
- Instrumental in passing legislation to reduce transaction fee paid by consumer to credit card companies; presented proposal to Senator Edward Kennedy.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, and development of high profile events such as conferences and fundraisers; organized over 100 events per year generating over $30 million in revenue.
- Outstanding work ethic recognized through promotions, company awards, and recognition from state government officials for employee-of-the-month positions eight times since 2001.
- Earned national certification demonstrating highest level of competence within the industry while working on a team dedicated to achieving organizational goals.
Finance Executive Resume Sample 6
- Supervised finance function for a variety of commercial and residential property types.
- Hired, developed, and supervised staff in compliance with strict guidelines to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Administered loan closings and recording to ensure accuracy, completeness, and timeliness in accordance with state and federal regulations.
- Analyzed financial records and reports in order to provide sound business solutions ensuring the effective use of limited resources.
- Built strong relationships with customers by listening to their individual needs regarding debt management options; insightful in identifying debts preventing individuals from achieving personal goals resulting in repeat business.
Finance Executive Resume Sample 7
- Proven success in developing and managing risk portfolios for a Fortune 100 company.
- In charge of a multi-billion-dollar investment portfolio, which yielded an 8% return on investment.
- Expertise in hedging and derivatives; responsible for over $1 million in annual savings for the company.
- Demonstrated success in designing innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Consistently received top marks from internal and external audits.
Finance Executive Resume Sample 8
- Achieved annual departmental profit increase of 17% through leadership, strategy, and excellence in finance operations.
- Turned around a projects financial performance to deliver on budget with higher margins by leveraging global systems, services, and teams to drive optimal efficiency.
- Improved the company’s balance sheet profile by over $500MM through thorough analysis of customer data in order to identify profitable products for cross-sell opportunities.
- Identified capital allocation priority for appropriate investment in technology infrastructure within existing budgetary constraints without disruption of current revenue streams.
- Contributed to organizational success by furthering corporate initiatives including new product development, M&A integration, change management support, distribution relationship expansion, and financial process optimization.
Finance Executive Resume Sample 9
- Successfully completed all credit agreements and new loan contracts.
- Proactively referred customers with repayment problems to the collection department, allowing them to focus on active accounts.
- Achieved a 92 percent customer satisfaction rating through professional, empathetic service delivery.
- Invented a specialized computer program that linked bank records to mortgage recipients in order to more accurately recompense monthly payments.
- Conducted training across all age groups from children at summer camps to adults at financial seminars; attained over 15 awards for outstanding presentations of finance information.
Finance Executive Resume Sample 10
- Reduced expenses by $18.8 Million to ensure compliance with the Office of the Comptroller of Currency restructuring plan.
- Standardized project tracking procedures, yielding more than $600,000 in annual savings while increasing project output by 29%.
- Authored an article that was published in a leading finance journal; it featured innovative techniques for debt recovery and modernization which were later adopted throughout the banking industry.
- Spearheaded development of new core business line resulting in significant revenue growth during fiscal year 2007-2008.
- Achieved high levels of customer satisfaction through proactive problem solving, timely communication, creative solutions, and exceptional customer service delivery.
Financial executives must have a bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or business and are strongly preferred to have an MBA, CMA, or CPA accreditation. A finance executive will demonstrate employee management skills, computer and software proficiency, analytical skills, effective communication, dataset management, financial record keeping skill, report writing capability, and statistical understanding.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.