Otr Driver transports different types of goods over long distances. Duties include operating heavy-duty trucks, loading and unloading merchandise, inspecting vehicles, communicating with dispatchers, conducting safety checks for trucks, and ensuring a timely delivery.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Otr Driver Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Otr Driver resumes for your reference.
OTR Driver Resume Sample 1
- Manage route to ensure timely delivery of product, which includes inventory management and customer service.
- Ensure accuracy of all items loaded to the correct trailer. Train new drivers on safety rules and regulations. Provide excellent customer service both internal and external customers.
- Successfully complete US DOT physical exams. Achieve “Outstanding” safety rating.
- OTR Driver of the year for exemplary, safe and professional driving that contributed to the company’s continued success.
- Successfully complete CDL testing requirements and obtain endorsement.
OTR Driver Resume Sample 2
- Maintained driving logs accurately and documented work related information.
- Ran company errands to post office, grocery stores, supply centers, drug stores, etc.
- Assisted with unloading freight when necessary; received commendation for exceptional performance in handling the position.
- Operated all necessary equipment safely; complied with all DOT and company safety regulations.
- Received perfect score on safety inspection; no citations or accidents during entire employment.
OTR Driver Resume Sample 3
- Consistently exceeded the average miles per week by 10% through excellent driving skills and work ethic.
- Completed over 5,000 safe driving miles without an accident while earning six consecutive awards for safety and efficiency.
- Advanced from entry-level driver to trainer in one year; guided ten new drivers under close supervision and led by example to complete their training and become road-ready.
- Collaborated with other departments in the maintenance of trucks, trailers, and drivers’ log books to meet company standards.
- Received appreciation award for outstanding commitment to excellence; worked diligently without mandatory overtime within budgeted rates while completing assigned tasks on schedule.
OTR Driver Resume Sample 4
- Safely hauled freight over 4 million miles without incident, earning a spot on the President’s Honor Roll.
- Demonstrated expertise in hauling hazardous materials, completing more than 1,000 successful trips.
- Earned a commendation from the Department of Transportation for excellence in safety and courtesy.
- Achieved a perfect score of 100% on a Department Safety audit, receiving the President’s Award for Outstanding Achievement.
- Received recognition from state and national elected officials for outstanding service to the community while promoting public health and safety.
OTR Driver Resume Sample 5
- Responsible for the safe transportation of shipments, making sure that all in-transit cargo is in good condition.
- Trained to drive a variety of tractor/trailer combinations on multiple routes.
- Adhered to DOT laws and company’s safety policies while maintaining a clean driving record.
- Reduced company’s per mile fuel costs by 10 percent, a savings that totaled to an approximate savings of $9,000.
- Earned the reputation as a safe and conscientious driver with Blue Beacon Truck Wash after driving over 1 million miles accident free.
OTR Driver Resume Sample 6
- Developed, coached and instilled confidence in the OTR second levels of driving such as assessing load requirements and making suitable adjustments.
- Provided customer retention through increased equipment utilization.
- Improved operations by handling several routes simultaneously to ensure that customers were never left stranded due to unavailability of equipment or driver.
- Utilized innovative planning for order entry system that resulted in doubling first-time deliveries and facilitating productivity increase of 25% within first month after implementation.
- Enabled company to reach new heights with an outstanding safety record; awarded by multiple managers for exceptional commitment towards ensuring success by reducing accident rate each year during tenure since 2009.
OTR Driver Resume Sample 7
- Successfully processed & loaded pallets of goods within containers to be transported across the country.
- Used good judgement when making decisions, often times having to work independently with little supervision.
- Contributed to customer satisfaction through prompt reporting of vehicle malfunctions and accidents; maintained cleanliness of vehicle interior.
- Recognized for exceptional service by providing cost effective solutions to problems including transport logistics; further recognized for advice on how to use equipment more efficiently.
- Identified safety hazards and reported them immediately; complied with all regulations including hours-of-service, logbook requirements, DOT inspections, seat belt usage laws during company check rides.
OTR Driver Resume Sample 8
- Successfully drove for three different transportation companies.
- Gained several compliments from customers on smooth deliveries and nice, clean trucks.
- Received a certificate of appreciation for safe driving.
- Awarded two efforts awards; recognized by coworkers as always giving my best effort.
- Awarded six route excellence awards; most impressively recognized the company with the most miles driven over all other drivers in the company and was named Driver of The Year.
OTR Driver Resume Sample 9
- Maximized load utilization by up to 40% of capacity.
- Developed safety techniques for avoiding accidents and obeying traffic laws.
- Completed over 1,200 deliveries within the first three months with no damages or complaints.
- Received award for excellent work performance; recognized as a top-10 driver in company rankings.
- Learned about new products from customers and suppliers through conference calls and conversations.
OTR Driver Resume Sample 10
- Maintained consistent high mileage and on-time delivery records across the country for a major transportation company.
- Demonstrated safe driving practices, even under pressure and in difficult conditions, to minimize the chance of accidents and cargo damage.
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while on the road, ensuring that all deliveries arrived on schedule.
- Received commendation from management for exceptional customer service; went out of his way to meet the needs of customers, even if it meant making an extra trip.
- Consistently achieved top marks in safety audits, thanks to a careful and conscientious approach to driving.
OTR Driver Resume Sample 11
- Assist in a multi-million dollar expansion of a US port by working with the best team members, both on and off-site.
- Over one million accident free miles prior to being hired as an OTR trainer.
- Provide road support for over 1.5M gallons of liquid chocolate from receiving bins to dispatch via proactive communication between office staff and drivers.
- Maintain up-to-date DOT logs, drug and alcohol testing records in a manner that demonstrates compliance with all Department of Transportation requirements.
- Interact positively with customers to ensure shipments arrive on schedule and in excellent condition.
OTR Driver Resume Sample 12
- Delivered products to customer demand within tight deadlines, resulting in a record-setting month for most shipments delivered on time.
- Received ISO score of 99.5% for 6 consecutive months, highlighting the value of safe driving practices and attention to detail required to deliver superior service.
- Reduced average waiting times by more than 30 minutes through the use of data-driven tools that optimized route planning and enabled dispatch system updates.
- Recognized as “Employee of the Month” after identifying ways to reorganize company vehicles while creating an orderly process for scheduling driver routes.
- Identified opportunities for driving cost savings while increasing demand; achieved reduction in operating costs by 16%.
To work as an Otr Driver you must obtain a commercial driver’s license, attend a truck driving school, be at least 21 years of age, have a clean driving record, and must be able to pass a drug and alcohol screen. Otr Drivers must demonstrate navigation skills, oral and written communication, safety procedures, vehicle checks, information collection knowledge, mathematical skills, and state regulations for trucks.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.