Freelance Consultants provide independent consulting services to companies needing solutions to problems. Their duties include researching the companies they’re working for, figuring out any problems they have, forming solutions to these problems, forming activities for employees to learn from, going to meetings to discuss business models, and looking at the company’s financial statements.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Freelance Consultant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Freelance Consultant resumes for your reference.
Freelance Consultant Resume Sample 1
- Developed and implemented a freelance consulting service for small to medium businesses.
- Designed and implemented a business continuity plan for a credit bureau; recognized as the team leader of the “best effort.”
- Consulting on Strategic Planning, Performance Measurement, and Process Quality Management to streamline business operations.
- Invited to present at two national conferences and three international workshops on various aspects of project quality.
- Advised sales teams in building communication skills necessary for effective negotiation with clients and distributors.
Freelance Consultant Resume Sample 2
- Identified business needs, developed business solutions, and provided strategic advice on a variety of projects.
- Achieved quarterly sales quota by identifying new opportunities within assigned accounts.
- Gained customer satisfaction with excellence in communication and flexibility through extensive travel while attending seminars and meetings across the United States.
- Redirected existing clients to utilize newer technologies after revising CRM analysis through consultation with internal management staff.
- Assisted in planning events for large groups, personally managed complex situations involving personnel issues, schedules, finances, food selections, etc.
Freelance Consultant Resume Sample 3
- Deployed as a consultant to various industries and institutions, including Verizon Wireless, Northrop Grumman Information Technology, University of Florida, and NASA Glenn Research Center.
- Identified business problems and designed technical solutions to resolve complex issues within limited timeframes for tight deadlines; saved money and resources by providing innovative alternatives.
- Resolved complex hardware and network software issues that were preventing servers from communicating with each other; identified the source of malfunctioning equipment and provided support for end users.
- Revised user manuals, purchase orders, job performance reviews, company policies, system documentation; maintained organization of diverse files related to projects requiring attention to detail.
- Provided patient, compassionate care through crisis situations to those who cannot afford medical treatment by developing relationships with community members and local organizations.
Freelance Consultant Resume Sample 4
- Provided consulting services to national and international clients; contributed over 1,000 hours toward project completion.
- Developed a new business module for a client’s company resulting in a greater cost savings within the first three months of implementation.
- Assisted member firm with financial modeling for client merger negotiations worth $80 million.
- Confirmed compliance with accounting standards for private equity manager/advisor review engagements by verifying that cash was being transferred into and out of restricted accounts correctly as well as documenting that internal controls were adequate.
- Designed, developed, tested, implemented and supported the off-shore bank reconciliations system shifting from paper to electronic processing reducing errors by 80%.
Freelance Consultant Resume Sample 5
- Provided re-designs of client’s logos using Adobe Illustrator CS3 resulting in a new sales logo for a large printing company.
- Collaborated with a California-based marketing strategy firm as an integral team member during the conception of new business website assets that successfully increased hits by 120% month over month.
- Experienced professional designer effective at completing graphic design projects that include logo design, print layout, web templates, HTML templates, CSS templates.
- Promoted to Senior Consultant for performance of professional services in a timely manner while effectively addressing issues related to workflow and communication within the company.
Freelance Consultant Resume Sample 6
- Provided recommendations for future project and product development based on market research and analysis of competitors’ products and services.
- Recruited, trained, managed a team of five customer service consultants; diagnosed problems, identified alternative solutions, and implemented standard operating procedures.
- Pioneered new territory as the first to expand business into the lucrative courier industry through mobile application integration with mobile payment systems such as PayPal.
- Trained over 100 individuals in basic design principles; necessary to create webpages that load quickly onto mobile devices as well as desktop computers.
- Orchestrated partnerships between three companies in different countries working towards common goals to improve both direct response and brand association marketing results via social media outlets.
Freelance Consultant Resume Sample 7
- Provided on-call consulting for clients in need of temporary assistance with software, hardware, and network issues.
- Aided government contractor in creating database validation system capable of tracking over 50 million transactions per day.
- Collaborated with five co-workers to create an online resource library containing design documents, drawings, models, 3D models, photos, and video files.
- Wrote step-by-step user guides for company intranet to ease the learning curve of new employees; recognized by director for excellence in customer service.
- Led three others in designing prototype carousel that increased sales by $300K the first month after implementation; showcased during national conference resulting in three new client contracts.
Freelance Consultant Resume Sample 8
- Innovated web design solutions for small businesses to increase traffic flow on the web, converting viewers into paying customers.
- Effectively managed three clients at the same time by creating and implementing marketing strategies customized to meet client needs while working within budgets.
- Developed extensive knowledge of SEO techniques while working on five different projects simultaneously; recognized by Executive Team for expertise in this area.
- Worked with company executives to develop medium-term plans for increasing market share by 15 percent; received praise from CEO upon presentation of these plans.
- Monitored costs and expenses, ensuring they stayed within budget; trained network technicians on daily usage of software programs needed to complete their responsibilities.
Freelance Consultant Resume Sample 9
- Visited clients in their respective workspaces to provide them with “in-the-trenches” suggestions on how to enhance employee performance.
- Earned reputation as a resourceful reviewer of business intelligence who used application of intelligence gathering tools and critical thinking skills to produce effective consulting solutions.
- Positioned company for market advantage, increased revenue by 23% year over year, following major restructuring project.
- Returned positive feedback from the IT department after interviewing it members regarding new web design specifications; recognized by management for my ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel.
- Transformed small business owner’s operations into cost efficient operations through process reengineering strategies that yielded savings in excess of $100,000 in less than one year.
Freelance Consultant Resume Sample 10
- Completed a large-scale project for the UN Children’s Fund (UNICEF) in Tajikistan in collaboration with UNHCR and Central Statistics Administration to create a M&E system.
- Successfully completed an independent consulting assignment, which included partnership identification and negotiations in Algeria, Tunisia and Egypt.
- Established and conducted training in leadership and teamwork at the Tunisian Ministry of Education School Leadership Center.
- Provided Moroccan Ministry of Education with assistance regarding adoption of ICTs into primary education curriculums.
- Facilitated project management workshops for Turkmenistan counterparts thus improving ministry capacity to develop projects from inception through completion.
To be a Freelance Consultant, you must have a bachelor’s degree in a business field and gain some consulting experience; a master’s degree may be required for some positions. Freelance Consultants must demonstrate public speaking, presentation, analytical, creativity, problem-solving, research, and management skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Freelance Consultant Resume Samples
- Freelance Consultant Resume Sample 1
- Freelance Consultant Resume Sample 2
- Freelance Consultant Resume Sample 3
- Freelance Consultant Resume Sample 4
- Freelance Consultant Resume Sample 5
- Freelance Consultant Resume Sample 6
- Freelance Consultant Resume Sample 7
- Freelance Consultant Resume Sample 8
- Freelance Consultant Resume Sample 9
- Freelance Consultant Resume Sample 10
- Wrap Up