Food service directors oversee the functioning of the dining services of organizations. Their duties include preparations of monthly menus, management of food service department, evaluate food service personnel, comply with guidelines from Department of Public Instruction, ensure cleanliness of kitchen and arrange for a substitute when food service personnel are absent.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Food Service Director Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Food Service Director resumes for your reference.
Food Service Director Resume Sample 1
- Planned, supervised and executed food service operations to ensure overall departmental efficiency.
- Acted as liaison between physicians, nurses, patients and staff to maintain good morale for efficient patient care.
- Developed meals that eliminated the need for dietary supplements; dietary consultation achieved an 80% compliance rate with new diet guidelines within six months.
- Oversaw janitorial costs through effective ordering of supplies; ensured cleanliness of eating areas by personally checking on cleaning crews twice daily.
- Effectively handled over $100K in annual sales revenue; analyzed monthly financial records to identify potential cost reduction opportunities.
Food Service Director Resume Sample 2
- Gained three years’ experience in all phases of food service operation including centralized purchasing, inventory control, receiving and storage, production scheduling, product costing, meal accounting, staff training.
- Introduced Total Quality Management; implemented new standards for cutting costs by reducing waste.
- Orchestrated reorganization to streamline five departments into two; identified redundancies and eliminated them to enhance productivity.
- Created Action Plans that improved customer satisfaction ratings to 96%; recognized by the Vice President for significant accomplishments.
- Improved profitability through cost-containment initiatives that maintained or increased margins while achieving a 63% increase in sales over a five-year period with flat labor costs.
Food Service Director Resume Sample 3
- Trained, directed, and motivated employees to deliver exceptional food service for patients, visitors, and staff members at the hospital.
- Received employee performance award; demonstrated devotion to excellence in customer service through personal commitment to exceeding expectations of guests.
- Proficiently served as liaison between hospital administration and all auxiliary departments; negotiated contracts with food distributors for bulk discount rates.
- Efficiently planned menus for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks that met dietary restrictions of numerous high risk diseases based on patient information provided at registration.
- Collaborated with catering companies to bring healthy choices to events ranging from gala dinners to poolside cookouts; increased attendance by 15% beyond projected goals.
Food Service Director Resume Sample 4
- Managed a staff of over 50 employees to prepare and serve meals to 1,000+ residents daily.
- Achieved an increase in breakfasts served from 8,935 to 11,440 monthly while decreasing food costs by 16%.
- Provided strategic leadership and direction regarding the redesign of menus for 3 dining locations serving 4 different special populations.
- Maintained a quality food service operation throughout major construction projects involving exterior building renovation and interior building modification consisting of 24 rooms total.
- Presented survey results demonstrating customer satisfaction with 99% agreement through developing training programs that emphasized customer service skills.
Food Service Director Resume Sample 5
- Planned, purchased, and prepared daily menus; ensured strict adherence to health code regulations.
- Collaborated with Human Resources to hire staff. Developed team-building initiatives through recurring performance evaluations and exercises.
- Promoted employee morale by organizing weekly theme nights and holiday celebrations; awarded two group trips for outstanding teamwork.
- Trained student employees during summer high school programs; increased enrollment of returning students after hosting highest scoring culinary competition in the United States.
- Plan cultural awareness events to promote diversity after collaborating with Multicultural Club on campus to organize food tasting activities at local restaurants representing cultures from across the world.
Food Service Director Resume Sample 6
- Responded to numerous complaints regarding unsafe food temperatures, employee hygiene, and general sanitation during inspection.
- Developed task-oriented training on proper cook times and temperatures for chicken tenders; improved product consistency with higher sales.
- Optimized purchasing process by soliciting bids from three suppliers; ensured high quality products with lower prices for department budget.
- Launched new breakfast sandwich bar offering variety of gourmet sandwiches each day at the grand reopening; increased overall sales by 10%.
- Taught food safety class after hours for entire restaurant & hotel staff; led through the steps of simple contamination vs. actual cooking time (six months).
Food Service Director Resume Sample 7
- Provided leadership for several teams to exceed the previous year’s performance; improved food quality, maximized profits, eliminated waste, and reduced costs by 15%.
- Performed monthly evaluations on all other managers in restaurant to ensure consistent standards of training and development.
- Designed a promotional campaign featuring two new menu items that increased sales by 40%; recognized by District Manager for outstanding service.
- Achieved award for cost containment based on reduced expenses compared with operating budget targets.
- Improved customer satisfaction scores after relocating dining room into renovated space to increase seating capacity and accommodate renovations plans.
Food Service Director Resume Sample 8
- Created the position of Food Service Director to supervise daily operations in all food service venues.
- Implemented an automated ordering system for food, paper goods, and janitorial supplies.
- Oversaw kitchen staff training in proper safety procedures during food preparation.
- Motivated dish room personnel to work efficiently even when under pressure from high volumes of orders received by patrons at peak hours.
- Recruited nearly 30 new employees into positions that will promote culinary diversity in cuisine offerings.
Food Service Director Resume Sample 9
- Promoted to the position of Food Service Director after superior performance as Housekeeping Supervisor.
- Reduced monthly food costs by ten percent through elimination of wasteful practices in interpreting expiration dates.
- Hired, trained, and supervised 25 staff members per shift for proper sanitation procedures when handling perishable foods.
- Received “Person on the Year” Award from employees; organized employee appreciation activities for eight years consecutively.
- Develop a program that raised funds in supplement to budget in order to promote wellness for all employees in accordance with hospital policy.
Food Service Director Resume Sample 10
- Established new financial goals for revenue, profitability, and customer satisfaction; supervised $10 million food service department.
- Hired by CEO to replace departing manager of world’s largest hospital cafeteria; had $8 million annual budget at start-up.
- Reorganized existing program by introducing innovative training programs to drive overall employee performance.
- Developed marketing strategy that generated an additional $150K of sales within first 2 months by implementing unique promotions.
- Organized industry’s largest internship program developed with goals & objectives to improve workforce quality.
Food Service Director Resume Sample 11
- Established all new menu for campus food service department, including ads and promotions.
- Created development plan to improve profitability of operations by $20,000 annually.
- Implemented student training program that relocated two employees into more favorable schedules; recognized by Vice President of Operations for outstanding performance.
- Increased guest satisfaction scores on customer satisfaction survey from 74% to 90%; results translated into increased catering contracts.
- Improved company strudent retention rates by 32%.
To work as a food service director, you need a Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management or relevant fields. Food service directors need to be an efficient time manager, exhibit critical thinking, have excellent communication skills, be an excellent coordinator, pay attention to details be service-oriented and be an active listener.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.