Salons are relaxing and useful locations where people can go to have their hair cut and styled, in addition to receiving advice on how to care for it and purchase products to do so. A salon manager oversees all the employees, their schedules, and plans what products will be stocked and other important decisions.
How to Become a Successful Salon Manager?
There are special programs both at universities and elsewhere that offer degrees as well as certification to work in salon field, but business administration or sales can be just as useful in getting the skills needed. Some locations just want you to have experience with managerial responsibilities and the like.
Typically you will begin with mote clerical work for the salon you wish to manage, namely by scheduling customers and answering their questions while processing transactions and taking payments. This is a good way to learn customer service skills and your more regular clientele.
Once you are promoted to manager you will be in charge of a number of employees, and you will also be responsible for hiring more. You will need to ensure potential hires have the right skills and that all employees keep up to date on certification requirements, as most states require them to cut hair.
Keeping popular products in stock and encouraging your hairdressers to use them can make you a very nice profit, especially because some companies will pay you to carry them, especially of you’re a more expensive salon. You’ll want your customers to always leave satisfied and ready to come back.
The Best Salon Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Salon Manager resumes for your reference.
- Demonstrated exceptional business acumen in all aspects of the salon and retail stores financial reporting & key business drivers.
- Utilized strong verbal and facilitation skills to break information down into clear and concise steps using conference calls, email, training sessions and one-on-one coaching.
- Recruited 3 advanced level stylists and developed current Stylist and Aesthetician to level jump through in the moment coaching and goal setting meetings.
- Acted as liaison between employees and clients to ensure all customer service inquiries, and complaints were handled properly.
- Handled administrative aspects of sales including recorded inventory, accepts customer payments, and inputs daily sales logs.
- Implemented and conducted career seminars, scheduled and confirmed interviews as well as arrange job advertisements.
- Managed salon operations including booth leasing, bookkeeping, accounting, multi-line phone, scheduling, and social media platforms.
- Greeted clients and scheduled future appointments upon client checkout, walk-ins and over the phone.
- Maintained an adequate stock of inventory and proficient ordering/receiving of salon retail.
- Maximized the sales of professional hair care products through product knowledge and promotions.
- Contributed to daily sales goals by educating customers on products while listening to their needs.
- Implemented monthly commission sales goals for a team of stylists and associates.
- Trained all associates with thorough product knowledge presentations and “in the moment” coaching.
- Managed sales targets and payroll percentage as well as calculated extra-service and commission ratios for a team of six salon employees.
- Established employee roles and responsibilities within the salon and provided guidance on corporate practices and policies.
- Trained and mentored pet stylist trainees to encourage and promote positive customer.
- Supervised the daily operations of five pet stylists and two grooming assistants.
- Conducted personal sessions with clients to address their hair and skin issues, guiding them about suitable salon services.
- Designed attractive packages and promote the same to meet sales targets.
- Maintained records of sales and enhance PR to increase clientele in general.
- Focused on customer service, operational standards and building the business through team development by training, motivating, maintaining, and scheduling the necessary sales staff.
- Maintained banking, ordering and inventory tracking using Excel spreadsheets.
- Attended training to increase knowledge of product lines and their ingredients.
- Consistently oversaw marketing activities that generated customer traffic to meet and exceed monthly corporate sales goals.
- Encouraged and motivated all staff to maximum potential to ensure the growth of the individual and the company.
- Attended training classes in order to maintain the proper salon and hair care standards.
- Advised clients on products available for retail purchase and proper hair care methods.
- Responsible for processing I-9 and Tax documentation for stylist to maintain IRS compliance.
- Designated administrator for operating the Millennium Appointment System to sustain a systematic.
- Serve as the designated personnel for submitting bill invoices and the payment of associated salon.
- Completed daily grooming payroll and commission paperwork as well as reminder cards for each pet groomed.
- Ensured grooming salon safety by implementing standards and procedures as set forth by the company.
- Performed routine housekeeping and maintenance to preserve the appearance of the grooming salon.
- Managed staff and agencies to develop and produce new website, brochures and print releases.
- Partnered with sales representatives to identify new products to launch. Leveraged local insights for new product platform.
- Identified opportunities to fix the shelving mix with benefits to both the business and the retailer.
- Collaborated with Sales on recommending appropriate products for clients resulting in increased revenues.
- Developed a consistent training program with sales techniques in order to increase profit and guarantee the best experience for our diverse customer base.
- Consult weekly with salon owners on branding to generate creative ways to increase sales.
- Cut outsourced expenses by creating streamlined technician training program in house.
- General management duties including hiring, scheduling, salon organization, and cleanliness.