An Electrical Inspector ensures that electrical installations in buildings are safe and up-to-code according to state law. Their main duties include performing inspections, investigating complains of defective electrical installations, enforcing electrical standards and laws, issuing violations or stop work orders, verifying licenses of onsite workers and maintaining records and reports. To work as an Electrical Inspector you must complete the Electrical Apprenticeship Training Program or possess an Associate’s degree in Electrical Construction Technology. To be successful as an Electrical Inspector you must be willing to enforce state laws and codes, follow precise instructions, work well in teams, demonstrate professionalism, be willing to work in a variety of environmental conditions, maintain a flexible work schedule and be able to stand for long periods of time.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Electrical Inspector Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Electrical Inspector resumes for your reference.
Electrical Inspector Resume Sample 1
- Reviewed electric plans to ensure compliance with national, state, and local electrical codes.
- Identified violations of the National Electric Code in commercial buildings throughout the downtown area.
- Inspected construction sites for proper grounding of temporary service equipment. Coordinated work done by utility company crews with daily inspection reports to ensure compliance with all applicable code requirements before issuing final inspection clearance.
- Issued building permits after ensuring that electrical installations were made in accordance with Manitoba Electrical Act and National Electrical Code installation standards at all times.
- Oversaw quality control process during the application process; ensured that subcontractors followed specifications set out in contract documents for each project through regular site visits, reference checks, and job site inspections.
Electrical Inspector Resume Sample 2
- Trained and supervised five crew members in safe work practices.
- Inspected, documented, and issued appropriate permits for all electrical work encompassing $25 million dollars annually of commercial construction.
- Completed annual training requirements of initial certification program through extensive hands-on experience, including state-of-the-art installation techniques.
- Maintained high customer satisfaction rating of 96% through adherence to safety standards, problem solving abilities, job reviews, timely responses to claims filings.
- Received award for perfect attendance; employees praised the positive influence of enforcing strict quality control on jobsite daily inspections.
Electrical Inspector Resume Sample 3
- Conducted electrical inspections for a medium-sized, national general contracting firm.
- Oversaw installation of more than 12,000 feet of medium voltage cable and support systems at 17 state institutions.
- Eliminated potential hazards by verifying that the work was completed per plans and specifications before client occupancy.
- Ensured quality workmanship as a foreman with a small construction crew since 2008. In 2011, I successfully implemented an 8% cost savings on labor costs through process improvement.
- Proven ability to learn new material quickly through self-study or formal training seminars with expert instruction from industry leaders in the field, such as licensing courses for NETA Level 1 & 2 certification.
Electrical Inspector Resume Sample 4
- Inspected over 2,000 buildings in the City of Little Falls, ensuring compliance with all applicable codes.
- Received Award of Merit for excellence in electrical inspection.
- Trained to code auditor standards after completing pre-assigned courses in New York City.
- Evaluated building energy conservation strategies for local businesses and residents while developing an ongoing energy cost control program.
- Identified unsafe wiring conditions through visual, electrical continuity, and general system inspections; preventing structural damage and potential fires by submitting reports on corrections needed to protect lives and property.
Electrical Inspector Resume Sample 5
- Performed as electrical inspector for the city’s building commission responsible for inspection, coordination, and permit work on commercial, industrial, and community projects.
- Identified critical path during a six month long permitting process reducing the time to market by twelve weeks.
- Promoted from lead inspection specialist to a supervisory role for a call center of twenty inspectors with responsibility over scheduling.
- Successfully resolved an issue between two states regarding electrical contracts worth $10 million saving the company from loss of revenue.
- Specialized in repairing large-scale high voltage switchgear equipment with thirty years of electrician experience. A respected team leader and customer expert; key achievements include increased wattage production by 25 percent and installation of a key cogeneration system.
Electrical Inspector Resume Sample 6
- Inspected electrical installations in public housing units. Ensured compliance with local, state, and federal codes for safe, reliable, cost-effective installations of equipment within the facility.
- Identified outages in occupied units which were covered by Tenant Service Agreements. Arranged repairs to be provided without charge by providers under contract with Housing Authority.
- Issued monthly reports on work performed during inspections which recorded deficiencies for corrective action by appropriate authorities.
- Maintained record-keeping system to ensure information was current and readily available at all times for accurate reporting purposes.
- Prepared requests for any needed changes to policies or procedures that would improve the efficiency of unit inspections.
Electrical Inspector Resume Sample 7
- Inspected and reported on 3,500 homes/commercial structures; located deficiencies and potential safety hazards.
- Established rapport with at-risk children after offering free home inspections to parents of the children’s classmates. Educated community members on the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Formulated a new approach for implementing uniform standards while reducing unnecessary red tape within the inspection department. Processes were streamlined by 20% resulting in increased productivity by 15%.
- Trained six co-workers to equally carry out their duties on account of maternity leave; recognized as Employee of The Month on four separate occasions during my tenure.
- Served as a lead inspector for 25 engineers building a new bridge over the Mississippi River.
Electrical Inspector Resume Sample 8
- Inspected new construction projects to ensure safety standards are followed.
- Protected public safety by correcting deficiencies on construction sites.
- Ensured quality assurance of completed work through site observation, documentation, and interviewing workers.
- Advocated for improved safety measures through coordination with management and fabrication trade unions during the construction of a $10 million multi-story building.
- Enhanced educational background in code compliance and inspection procedures by participating in seminars, state inspections training classes, and company sponsored courses.
Electrical Inspector Resume Sample 9
- Identified possible hazardous conditions either through complaints or client referrals. Provided site inspections to assess electrical systems.
- Determined the location of the defective wiring, diagnosed its condition, and completed necessary repairs.
- Investigated numerous customer concerns regarding schematic design problems, which have lead to violations of the National Electrical Code.
- Ensured that clearances were being maintained by checking weatherproofing around service equipment and disconnects, pull boxes, meter canopies, etc…
- Verified the presence of appropriate lightning protection devices with building owners; analyzed available grounding paths; identified deficiencies; made appropriate recommendations for improvements.
Electrical Inspector Resume Sample 10
- Inspected electrical substations, transformers, and associated equipment for 3 years.
- Completed a one year training program at a local community college in the field of engineering.
- Proved proficient at Building Information Modeling (BIM), including creating BIM models from laser scan data and performing clash detection to promote productivity.
- Awarded Excellent rating by general contractor during final punch list walk-through after project was completed on time and under budget.
- Act as liaison between owner or design professional providing specifications to consulting engineer at pre-construction conferences, during construction observation, inspections, testing, etc., as well as prepare project reports
Electrical Inspector Resume Sample 11
- Evaluated building plans for compliance with state electrical code standards, city ordinances, and city/county zoning laws.
- Inspected construction sites to ensure that the installations are in accordance with approved plans.
- Certified new residential wiring permits, ensuring that all new work is done in accordance with local codes and ordinances.
- Prevented potential accidents by restoring unsafe service equipment to better than original condition.
- Identified faulty wiring at a new high school athletic field preventing mass hysteria after several thousand people gathered for a sporting event.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Electrical Inspector Resume Samples
- Electrical Inspector Resume Sample 1
- Electrical Inspector Resume Sample 2
- Electrical Inspector Resume Sample 3
- Electrical Inspector Resume Sample 4
- Electrical Inspector Resume Sample 5
- Electrical Inspector Resume Sample 6
- Electrical Inspector Resume Sample 7
- Electrical Inspector Resume Sample 8
- Electrical Inspector Resume Sample 9
- Electrical Inspector Resume Sample 10
- Electrical Inspector Resume Sample 11
- Wrap Up