Private duty nurses provide nursing care in the comfort of patient’s homes. Their duties include traveling to patient’s homes, assess their health, detect danger signs, help institutionalized receive care from home, make necessary referrals and ensure the working environment is safe for self and patient.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Private Duty Nurse Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Private Duty Nurse resumes for your reference.
Private Duty Nurse Resume Sample 1
- Provided world-class medical services to hundreds of patients including, but not limited to, cardiac arrest, emergency surgery, delivery of a child, and back pain.
- Coached women’s professional softball team, consisting of physicians and clergy members, twice their league size.
- Supported for six years through coaching and personal supervision the training of twenty-two volunteers for spinal cord injury rehabilitation.
- Supported among others over 80 former athletes who chose to complete their competitive careers in politics or public service.
- Won over 300 medals for sports and fitness at local, regional, and national competitions.
Private Duty Nurse Resume Sample 2
- Ministered to the needs of over 200 patients, aged zero to ninety years.
- Provided medical treatment for the malady, injury, depression, dementia, and death.
- Trained in the use of electronic monitoring devices for heart rate, blood pressure, pulse oximetry, electrocardiographic waveform analysis, temperature regulation.
- Dispatched medications according to patient records and doctor’s orders.
- Certified for communication with doctors and hospitals via telephone and digital communication.
Private Duty Nurse Resume Sample 3
- Fulfilled responsibility for over 12,500 hours of care, comfort, and self-sacrifice during 7 months of travel across three cities with an elderly patient diagnosed with terminal cancer.
- Provided emergency aid for 6 days after being called to duty at the scene of a house fire in which two adults sustained burn injuries.
- Dispatched emergency medical service while saving the life of a choking child by use of the Heimlich maneuver.
- Educated community on methods to prevent toxic hazards after performing CPR on an unconscious-year-old child who accidentally ingested cleaning agent.
- Rallied a patient in a state of shock, after she interrupted a robbery and suffered a gunshot wound in the upper abdomen.
Private Duty Nurse Resume Sample 4
- Consistently upheld all standards of patient care for over 5,000 hours in speech therapy clinics, hospitals, and nursing homes.
- Employed compassionate listening skills to ease patient frustrations and encourage positive behavior.
- Achieved high success rate of wound treatment in an infection-control environment by developing new methodologies.
- Resolved disputes between patients and families through understanding of multiple cultural heritages.
- Selflessly volunteered in the care of patients with life-threatening illnesses in order to develop confidence, courage, empathy, and trust.
Private Duty Nurse Resume Sample 5
- Provided medical services for over 175 patients in a two-year period.
- Conducted physical evaluations of patients to ensure compliance with therapeutic exercise programs.
- Collaborated with family physicians on patient case management to ensure treatment compliance and successful recovery.
- Organized patient research on pain treatment, depression, substance abuse, and mental illness.
- Received gratitude from seniors and parents for helping to keep children out of high-risk activities.
Private Duty Nurse Resume Sample 6
- Graduated with honors from St. John’s University with an educational degree in Nursing.
- Fully accredited Registered Nurse.
- Completed the Department of Veterans Affairs National Registry for Nurse Reserve, qualifying to work at VA Medical Centers, nursing homes, and clinics as a civilian nurse on day-to-day duty within the United States military.
- Completed over 300 hours of training, education, and clinical education at the Veteran’s Administration Medical Center as a registered nurse student-trainee (second year), responsible for the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of hospitalized patients.
- Fostered professional relationships between physician and patient to promote positive health care by helping to coordinate medical care; reading diagnostic information; writing medical reports; educating patients about hospital services, their condition(s), medication(s), surgical procedures, diet instructions, etc.
Private Duty Nurse Resume Sample 7
- Trained hundreds of students to develop a natural awareness of disease prevention for their lives outside of school.
- Prescribed physical therapy regimens to student-athletes striving for personal/athletic goals.
- Discharged patients from rehabilitation clinics four weeks earlier than the national average.
- Assisted terminally ill patients with quality-of-life issues, such as pain management and acceptance.
- Restored/rehabilitated 3 children after 2 spinal cord injuries and 1 chemotherapy complication.
Private Duty Nurse Resume Sample 8
- Managed the medical care of an elderly man with over thirty-five years of declining health.
- Trained health care personnel to perform procedures, prevent infection, and treat illnesses.
- Diagnosed and treated minor illnesses, minor accidents, toothaches, maladies, and viruses.
- Implemented preventative measures to reduce the risk of infection by means of immunization for pets and food products.
- Conducted research into older age-related medical conditions including diabetes, arthritis, cancer prevention therapy, and alternative medicine practices.
Private Duty Nurse Resume Sample 9
- Compassionately attended to seven terminally ill patients on hospital deathwatch, providing care and comfort until the end.
- Proven skill in first-aid response, counseling, and crisis management at on-site accident scenes for fire department on ambulance calls.
- Skilled in IV therapy of diabetic wounds, frozen shoulders, and broken femurs for triage treatment at two nursing homes.
- Competed as a member of the medical team in national games, earning team championship title for excellence in cardiac monitoring of athletes who suffered heart attacks during the event.
- Charismatically cared for the sick and injured, including one patient who suffered multiple injuries, internal bleeding, and a serious head wound.
Private Duty Nurse Resume Sample 10
- Preserved life while protecting society from infectious disease through teaching CPR classes to the public.
- Gave over 100 percent care during major surgeries such as mastectomies to other nursing students.
- Prescribed medications with utmost professionalism while maintaining ethical standards.
- Created a safer environment through advanced medical treatments to other nurses while maintaining professional ethics.
Private Duty Nurse Resume Sample 11
- Become certified in several medical specialties, including Cardiology/Anesthesiology/Coronary Artery Disease, Blood Transfusion Chemistry, Surgery(General), and Electrocardiography.
- Won ~30 awards for excellence in nursing care.
- Became a member of the Society of American Registered Nurses Association (SARNA) in 1986 and served on the board of directors for two years.
- Drew up plans for innovative medical equipment that became prototypes for notable engineering firms
Private Duty Nurse Resume Sample 12
- Performed Private Duty Nursing tasks as detailed by the client as well as those as directed by the Registered Nurse’s aide.
- Engaged in private nursing practices for patients with post-operative management, home health care, and care for those who have been discharged from a hospital or long-term care facility.
- Provided medical assistance and performed general nursing duties such as promoting exercise and recuperative therapy, applying bandages and dressing, and instructing and assisting therapeutic and rehabilitative techniques.
- Actively consoled family members of deceased patients by means of providing support through personal conversations, letters, cards, or written messages.
- Know and practice the legal and ethical characteristics and practices of nursing in accordance with all applicable laws and professional standards.
Private Duty Nurse Resume Sample 13
- Has worked at five hospitals (and their children’s centers) within the last eighteen years since graduating from high school.
- Attended college for three years; graduated cum laude with a dual degree in business and nursing.
- Trained to the highest level of hospital-based nursing care.
- Developed additional training (in an orthopedic setting) to develop counter-measures against chronic hip and knee replacement injuries just as complex as those caused by martial arts attacks.
- Allowed to work directly with, and take care of patients under the management of Doctors who had earned their medical credentials through medical school, dietetics, athletics, and martial arts studies.
Private Duty Nurse Resume Sample 14
- Conducted CPR and First Aid to provide Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and basic medical services to more than 15 patients during a mass shooting.
- Negotiated, mediated, and facilitated a prisoner of war agreement between the Iraqi Army and the U.S. Army.
- Supported a wounded soldier’s recovery from a helicopter crash in New Mexico, treating him for a broken arm, shattered femur, head injury, liver damage, blood clotting disorder, and pain in his lower back.
- Diagnosed with diabetes after blood sugar levels were found too high when the emergency department’s monitor failed in New York City.
- Accepted a patient suffering from a heart attack, his second attack within two months, even though the hospital was overcrowded and understaffed in Los Angeles.
To work as a private duty nurse, you need to have a CCNE-accredited nursing degree, and ACHC-certified private duty nurses are licensed by the Board of Professional Nurses. Private duty nurses offer basic life support skills, skills in the communication with and examination of patients, time management skills, teamwork, pay attention to detail, are organized, have the physical strength and technical skills in operating devices/medical equipment.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.