From quick articles to massive best selling novels, reading is very good business and authors have a wide array of avenues to choose from. They can work independently writing and selling their works or team up with a publishing house to sell the work they are paid to write, or they can do smaller jobs for different people.
How to Become a Successful Author?
There are no educational requirements to become an author, but you will need to have a very solid grasp of the language you want to write in as well as the rules it follows, and a good way to get this is with a bachelor’s in the language in question or a degree in some form of creative writing.
How you start working depends on you, but few authors just go ahead and publish their full length novel straight away. You will want to gain experience with shorter novels or small articles that can be published online or in magazines, and these will help get your name out in the field.
Being consistent as key, as constant practice keeps your skills sharp and your production high. You always want to be producing as much high quality material as often as possible, as this will help you have more to sell and keep you working at a fast and profitable pace for the future.
What you want to specialize in depends entirely on you, a d you can look for openings in the field of creative writing through stories or poems, journalism in the form of stories or news articles, or whatever type you finds suites you and your particular talents best for the future of your career.
The Best Author Resume Samples
These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Author resumes for your reference.
- Saved refinery an average of $34k per month and increased vessel throughput by 4 vessels per month by implementing a new vetting and scheduling strategy.
- Created, edited and controlled distribution of operating procedures and work rotas for laboratory and sampling staff.
- Communicated with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures in person and via international conference calls.
- Published one novel, in addition to several more manuscripts completed.
- Harnessed self-discipline in order to stay on task and continue my work.
- Completed six manuscripts to date, each numbering over 150,000 words.
- Wrote efficiently under strict deadlines for a wide variety of topics including technology, medicine, and business.
- Utilized keywords specified by clients to optimize search results for articles.
- Consistently achieved highest possible author rating for entire duration of employment.
- Interact with subject matter experts to ensure that quality content is created, reviewed, and updated as appropriate.
- Support operational processes in order to facilitate workflow in a collaborative, efficient and timely manner.
- Responsible for maintaining established web design best practices, technologies and resources.
- Founded Logic Central Online as a community awareness effort for linking college students to mentors and scholarship funding sources.
- Composed a book and leadership curriculum for universities which is currently offered by Logic Central Online.
- Contribute to Logic Central Online by producing a twice a week podcast for university age students.
- Manage the Business Process work groups in the delivery and integration of the ICD-10 impacts to the organization.
- Develop strategic risk mitigation strategies and processes addressing known and unknown risk impacts.
- Organize the technical and business teams with work out sessions to create the integrated project road map where key milestones and dependencies are identified for tracking.
- Directed/Coordinated marketing events to promote upcoming magazine releases.
- Worked with communications team to drive internal programs, initiative, guiding principles and mission.
- Developed and implemented campaigns for email, online, and search engine.
- Maintain access to a premium audience of more than 6.5 million unique business readers as well as maintaining world-class entrance to major media outlets.
- Networking with business professionals within the financial community as well as provide.
- Gold standard certification as a high quality author with full compliance certification.
- Contributing member of development team for new product: business skills training materials.
- Researched topics using the Internet, books, and relevant software and training materials.
- Organized research into training curriculum and individual lessons and chapters.
- Wrote training materials for the following topics: e-mail etiquette, business writing, presentation skills, verbal communication, phone etiquette, sexual harassment, new employee orientation, and employee training.
- Reviews submit for approval and revise written material to meet personal standards and satisfy needs of client or publisher.
- Select subject or theme for writing project based on personal interests and writing specialty, or assignment from client or publisher.
- Develop factors, such as theme, plot, characterization, psychological analysis, historical environment, action and dialogue to create material.
- Came up with ideas and completed two full length fiction novels and a novella to date in addition to a few more full length novels that are currently in various stages of the drafting process.
- Proofread and complete several rounds of edits consisting of going line by line through the document in conjunction with the actual editor.
- Market using blogs and other websites, and reach out and interact with potential readers with social media.
- Participate in a monthly, themed group post organized by The Recipe ReDux.
- Manage and promote site through social media outlets including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Recipes and photographs have been featured on Buzzfeed, REDBOOK Magazine’s website, Daily.