Operational Risk Analysts analyze the cost and benefit of options in different situation on behalf of businesses. Their duties include compiling financial cost and benefit statements, providing appropriate recommendations to management, researching all facets of the decision, consulting with other departments, making financial calculations and understanding the larger picture of the corporation.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Operational Risk Analyst Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Operational Risk Analyst resumes for your reference.
Operational Risk Analyst Resume Sample 1
- Identified areas in which business could reduce operational risk by over $600,000.00 annually; initiated strategic plan to implement change.
- Resolved an issue that was causing the company to miss a critical filing date for [STATE MERITORIOUS AWARD].
- – [filled in and added value] and completed projects efficiently and on time without sacrificing accuracy or quality of work.
- Managed credit exposures and equity position utilizing complex investment strategies across derivatives, interest rate swaps, forward contracts, options, reverse repurchase agreements.
- Analyzed quantitative data using statistical software packages such as SAS and MATLAB to assess functional customer relationship management (CRM) initiatives among call center operations.
Operational Risk Analyst Resume Sample 2
- Reconciled inconsistencies in operational risk reporting application.
- Implemented new approach to increase the number of reports by 50% and decrease report time by 20%.
- Reduced data inconsistency and latency issues with pre-trade front office reporting process conversion.
- Resolved daily user issues supporting over 25 users, enabling them to meet their Sarbanes Oxley Section 404 responsibilities for financial transaction data management.
- Collaborated with trading business units and regulator organizations during examination to proactively address results observation issues.
Operational Risk Analyst Resume Sample 3
- Developed new risk-based model to identify governance, process, and control gaps that contributed to operational risk exposure for the infrastructure of a large financial institution.
- Led design of pilot program on risk management principles in order to improve quality of customer service at an international call center.
- Provided analytical support for organization’s value propositions with respect to internal controls, regulatory compliance, and corporate strategy.
- Identified areas of high operational risk exposure resulting from inadequate internal controls over key business processes; recommended solution which helped reduce working capital requirements by $40 million.
- Researched market conditions supporting demand forecasting initiatives; formulated competitive analysis with respect to emerging industry trends impacting operations.
Operational Risk Analyst Resume Sample 4
- Identified investment bubbles within the European Economic Community allowing for risk mitigation by allocating investments towards energy companies.
- Reduced operational risk through adjustments in hedge fund brokerage, insurance coverage, and derivatives acquisitions.
- Estimated cost savings of $100 million per year after streamlining operations that supported mergers between financial institutions; recognized by Senior Management Team.
- Drove business opportunities with Fortune 500 companies resulting in 17 new account approvals; accountable for over $400 million annually.
- Met revenue expectations at 20% above projections while simultaneously improving customer experience during expansion into emerging markets; recognized as one of the top three performers, receiving first-year bonus of $20,000.
Operational Risk Analyst Resume Sample 5
- Achieved full compliance with Basel II Capital Accord in under 6 months.
- Successfully worked on data mining project that reduced false positive rate by 25%.
- Implemented self-learning tool to streamline operational risk analysis process, including client setup and report generation.
- Worked on various projects including market/credit review research, industry specific modeling, scenario development, stress testing, financial models support for management presentations. Also led the implementation of a portfolio level capital model using C++.
- Contributed to an enterprise-wide effort to reduce total operating expenses—measured both in performance metrics and in monetary figures—by 21% annually since 2005.
Operational Risk Analyst Resume Sample 6
- Successfully established and managed liaison relationships at the international level with internal and external stakeholders.
- Worked in a multi-cultural, matrix environment to identify business risks; identified, prioritized, and reported on key business opportunities.
- Collaboratively developed risk management strategy for North American property/casualty insurance operations for all lines of business; led by example in promoting best practices in operational risk.
- Pioneered methods to provide financial institutions with actionable information that enabled them improve processes surrounding loan compliance; crafted parameters that contributed greatly to team’s success.
- Spurred cross departmental uniformity of approach and increased productivity with innovative analysis design and presentation techniques which cut time and costs; recognized by the department.
Operational Risk Analyst Resume Sample 7
- Calculated, analyzed, and monitored operational risk within assigned areas using standard financial analysis tools.
- Was the primary liaison with the company’s business partners to identify, review, and coordinate project scope, schedule, budget and quality requirements.
- Provided support to the development of a comprehensive customer service training plan for stakeholders that was adopted as part of an enterprise wide cultural transformation effort.
- Proactively engaged key business unit leaders throughout the organization to establish an effective customer experience vision; created strategy supporting long-term vision and helped facilitate rollout of new processes and strategies across multiple lines of business including Mortgage Banking , Consumer Lending , Credit Risk , Payments Risk .
- Introduced innovative techniques to drive process improvements across all phases of the operational risk assessment process.
Operational Risk Analyst Resume Sample 8
- Contributed to a quantitative risk analysis framework for 1,000+ IT generalists and specialists.
- Created a methodology to apply the mitigating effects of separation walls within a geographic area using mathematical formulas.
- Developed an internet-based environmental management system to track real time data from wells, tanks, and energy generating units worldwide.
- Facilitated the roll out of business continuity training by designing and facilitating over 100 workshops for all levels of the organization.
- Improved financial performance by streamlining reconciliation efforts between finance and operations; increased revenue generation by $500M over a six month period.
Operational Risk Analyst Resume Sample 9
- Contributed to the development of a new staff position in charge of monitoring and cultivating diversification opportunities within an account portfolio.
- Spearheaded movement toward customized risk analysis for enterprise-wide strategic planning initiatives by developing a four-factor probability model that incorporates elements from engineering, defense, finance, and insurance disciplines.
- Raised awareness of market volatility risks among executives during two years on the job; brokered interdepartmental cooperation and unified stance regarding performance objectives and procedures between Risk Management and Treasury divisions.
- Pioneered single view of enterprise risk management program across various business units linked to common controls framework by designing Enterprise Risk Matrix application providing dynamic visualization tools with drilldown capabilities to facilitate real-time risk analysis.
- Prepared executive reports of market shocks, including recessions and presidential elections, for discussion at monthly Board of Directors’ meetings.
Operational Risk Analyst Resume Sample 10
- Detected risks that caused subordinates to be terminated for tampering with banking transactions, according to bank’s internal investigation.
- Tracked identified risks with prevention, control, and correction plans that blocked identified fraud attempts by employees.
- Recognized for outstanding contribution to improving risk analysis quality after resolving discrepancies in analysis data sets.
- Attributed loyalty to bank’s founding family during a difficult period of economic downward trends.
- Identified a recommendation for a new business line that yielded 10% return on investment within six months of implementation.
Operational Risk Analyst Resume Sample 11
- Lead Operational Risk Management Program; strengthened risk management culture and business controls by leading a program that identified and mitigated operational risks.
- Identified, diagnosed, and documented high-risk process failures; accelerated resolution of control issues causing material financial loss before they had an impact on operations.
- Planned and implemented all stages of the end to end Operational Risk Management for both Retail Franchises and Corporate Branches ensuring full alignment with Enterprise Strategy.
- Gathered critical information from various sources to develop risk assessment models function successfully as a standalone application or in conjunction with existing systems/software.
- Mentored team members from time entry clerks through VPs in the areas of credit risk, market risk, operational risk and other related topics.
Operational Risk Analyst Resume Sample 12
- On multiple occasions, influenced the company to update outdated policies and procedures for more efficient business operations.
- Provided statistical analysis of data obtained via credit bureau inquiries, market research, feasibility studies, etc., in support of new investment initiatives promoting corporate growth.
- Identified risk management resource requirements for expansion projects by assessing current staff capacity to handle increased work load.
- Presented findings from study on customer needs to improve sales performance which led sales representatives to greater success in generating sales leads.
- Implemented strategies that enabled significant savings through effective consolidation of similar functions into fewer departments while improving productivity and morale among employees.
To work as an operational risk analyst, you must complete an undergraduate degree in the relevant study, such as business or finance. Operational risk analysts must demonstrate sound financial abilities, ability to see the broader picture, attention to detail, adaptability in certain situations, organizational skills, research abilities and decision-making capabilities.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Operational Risk Analyst Resume Samples
- Operational Risk Analyst Resume Sample 1
- Operational Risk Analyst Resume Sample 2
- Operational Risk Analyst Resume Sample 3
- Operational Risk Analyst Resume Sample 4
- Operational Risk Analyst Resume Sample 5
- Operational Risk Analyst Resume Sample 6
- Operational Risk Analyst Resume Sample 7
- Operational Risk Analyst Resume Sample 8
- Operational Risk Analyst Resume Sample 9
- Operational Risk Analyst Resume Sample 10
- Operational Risk Analyst Resume Sample 11
- Operational Risk Analyst Resume Sample 12
- Wrap Up