Special education teacher aides perform tasks assigned by the teacher. The teacher will assign you to prepare materials to be used, teach individual students or groups, monitor their behavior, participate in classroom activities and will assist with keeping the environment hygienic, promoting good behavior, noting signs of sickness and intervening when emergencies arise.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Special Education Teacher Aide Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Special Education Teacher Aide resumes for your reference.
Special Education Teacher Aide Resume Sample 1
- Effectively instructed special education children in social, academic, and cognitive skills.
- Prepared lesson plans for children based on individualized education plans.
- Provided exemplary assistance to students in need by supporting their educational and social needs within the classroom.
- Achieved reputation as a compassionate advocate for special education; received an appreciation award from the school district administration.
- Met standards of excellence by achieving 100% pass rate on state teacher aide exams.
Special Education Teacher Aide Resume Sample 2
- Selected, trained, and supported special education teacher aides in their pursuit of master’s degrees.
- Nominated candidate for the Young Marine Educator Award while in training to become a teacher aide assistant.
- Researched and drafted materials for instruction manuals. Helped develop and implement lesson plans, unit schedules, and lesson outlines, while maintaining appropriate levels of instruction.
- a Received outstanding quality award through appraisal by peers.
- Recognized by supervisory personnel as exemplary employee candidate that exhibited exceptional work ethic, responsibility, and commitment to the school mission.
Special Education Teacher Aide Resume Sample 3
- Organized, staffed, and audited the use of an innovative classroom for children with disabilities to encourage cooperation, respect for others, and social skills.
- Trained students in textbook techniques to improve reading competency by 20% over a school year.
- Established recess games as a half-hour biweekly class to promote confidence, sportsmanship, fitness, and agility among elementary students.
- Introduced the concept of community service into the curriculum to teach students that they are influential members of their school.
- Earned respect as a dedicated teacher and mentor who passed on values of cooperation and self-esteem during voluntary activities at church services.
Special Education Teacher Aide Resume Sample 4
- Conferred with teacher’s aide and made individualized plans of instruction for students with special needs.
- Gave support to special education students through self-determination, group understanding, self-esteem, and self-confidence.
- Assisted in the healing of emotional issues through trust and respect between parents and teachers.
- Effectively communicated with parents, neighbors, and families on behalf of the children by using effective communication techniques.
- Adopted a philosophy of “We believe in you” within the classroom; successfully worked to develop a team environment for general education students.
Special Education Teacher Aide Resume Sample 5
- Volunteered to teach and tutor disabled and mentally deficient adults in a day rehabilitation center. Conducted literature, art, computer, and games classes.
- Presented an inspirational video and participated in a community conference to promote peace between the races during four months of local travel. Translated written messages from French to English during this time.
- Conceived the original idea for a speech contest; created contest rules and administered ballots; judged oral presentations of other teachers’ students.
- Spent two years in ongoing relationship with special education children readjusting after surgery at cancer hospital. Provided encouragement and support by participating in weekly baseball games, field trips, picnics, etc.
- Conducted individualized reading tutoring for severely challenged children. Ultimately promoted in-home literacy classes and one-on-one tutoring for the average elementary school student.
Special Education Teacher Aide Resume Sample 6
- Attained teaching certification through Teacher Education Program (TEP).
- Achieved TEP’s pre-service teaching certificate, as well as its special education designation in curriculum, testing and assessment, and developmental disabilities.
- Paired with Speech Therapist to administered critiques of classroom lessons.
- Achieved rating of “Outstanding” from teacher evaluation assessment which indicated that student had achieved the following benchmarks: Handwriting skills were excellent; oral language was good; comprehension was adequate; individualized instruction was effective; student fitness and health included regular attendance, healthy eating habits, and physical activity. Student behavior scores were within acceptable parameters.
- Considered for nomination to be a Principal’s Honors School Teacher of the Year.
Special Education Teacher Aide Resume Sample 7
- Demonstrated an excellent ability to select and apply appropriate materials to students during assessment and instruction.
- Provided service with compassion and respect to all students, colleagues, and parents.
- Completed portfolio of assignments on a timely basis as requested.
- Achieved award for exceeding student-teacher ratios at a school located in High Crime Area.
- Received outstanding quality award; demonstrated morale by positively influencing another employee’s work habits.
Special Education Teacher Aide Resume Sample 8
- Provided educational support to clients of the Franklin County School System, a school district in northeastern Ohio, which included assisting with curriculum development, aiding in classroom instruction, providing one on one tutoring to clients, and organizing field trips.
- Collaborated with teachers and parents to adapt curriculum to suit individual needs of students with disabilities.
- Instructed students with disabilities in basic skills.
- Assisted clientele in establishing friendliness toward educational staff and peers.
- Founded program for parents of children with special needs; obtained national certification for the program through collaboration between parent/teacher groups from four different states.
Special Education Teacher Aide Resume Sample 9
- Designed, implemented, and taught special education programs to the educational needs of students with speech and language delay, autism, ADD/ADHD, learning disabilities, and behavior disorders.
- Supported students with health and mental health issues through daily supervision. Trained over 100 employees in their roles as educators.
- Completed voiceover videos for special education students using professional equipment that cost less than $1 per minute.
- Educated over 800 parents at annual PTA meetings on the many benefits of public education. Spoke on behalf of parents who had lost their child to school violence or bullying. Participated in 45 activities throughout the year to involve all parents.
- Participated in a school community service project of traveling 200 miles from one school to another by public transit, visiting students, and encouraging participation in an after-school educational program.
Special Education Teacher Aide Resume Sample 10
- Demonstrated the importance of working at a pace appropriate for the needs of students with disabilities.
- Helped students by placing them in appropriate classes and adjusting their schedules to accommodate their needs.
- Enforced rules and regulations to ensure safety and security for all students.
- Created plans of daily activities for students with disabilities that made them feel comfortable, safe, and included in school activities.
- Successfully roused reluctant parents from denialism into self-awareness about their child’s disability; involved parents in decisions regarding the care, progress, and improvement of their child’s education.
Special Education Teacher Aide Resume Sample 11
- Redirected disruptive behavior of ten students by teaching them how to communicate, cooperate and use social skills.
- Adjusted learning techniques for five new students with specific learning disabilities; raised test scores by 22%.
- Working with a paraprofessional aide, taught students to overcome reading and writing problems; average score on Iowa Test of Basic Skills rose from 1st percentile to the 51st percentile.
- Trained aides on activities that would help special education students become more independent and improve their self-esteem.
- Advised teachers on effective study techniques for special education students who were having difficulty with reading and writing.
Graduating from high school and earning an associate degree in early childhood education are essential. Additional exemplary communication skills, physical strength, relates well with a diverse age group, first aid/basic life support skills, organization, a team player technology savvy and passionate are necessary skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.