A nurse assistant helps patients with daily tasks and perform other nursing related tasks. A nurse assistant’s duties include responding to signal lights, determining a patient’s needs, monitoring vital signs, recording vital signs, administering food and fluids, and assisting the medical team with related tasks.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Nurse Assistant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Nurse Assistant resumes for your reference.
Nurse Assistant Resume Sample 1
- Performed blood draws; maintained intravenous line; prepared patient for x-ray.
- Aided in restraining violent or disruptive patients; provided assistance with feeding, bathing, and toileting.
- Transported patients via wheelchair to lunchroom, visitors’ lounge, radiology department, etc.
- Provided care for three terminally ill hospice patients during their last days of life.
- Provided excellent customer service to physicians by completing appropriate paperwork in a timely manner after each patient visit.
Nurse Assistant Resume Sample 2
- Assisted nurses with patients by recording vital signs, preparing patients for diagnostic tests, and providing comfort.
- Prepared equipment used during surgical procedures.
- Responded promptly to patient requests by locating physicians or nursing staffs on assigned patients.
- Trained new employees on procedures relating to protected health information/patient confidentiality policies.
- Contributed in meeting departmental accreditation requirements through verifying internal compliance with conditions of participation and planning improvement plans when necessary.
Nurse Assistant Resume Sample 3
- Attended to patients’ medication needs by tracking, delivering, counting, and labeling medications accurately.
- Greeted visitors to ensure privacy for patients; provided efficient customer service regarding patient information and insurance benefits.
- Discovered opportunities for improving efficiency through process management of steps within daily hospital routine.
- Acquired knowledge of diagnostic procedures through observation of physicians’ examinations of patients.
- Recognized as a good team player based on my consistent friendly attitude towards co-workers that has helped to promote teamwork both inside and outside the workplace.
Nurse Assistant Resume Sample 4
- Assisted Nurse in a busy medical office performing basic, but essential nursing functions.
- Trained and supervised LPNs to perform their duties in the absence of physician during regular hours.
- Kept diligent record of all medications dispensed from dispensary at end of each day ensuring proper count and accuracy.
- Provided quality care to pediatric patients by carefully monitoring vital signs, changing dressings, assisting with baths and injections.
- Recognized for outstanding leadership in antibiotic administration; reduced error rate by 85% through positive reinforcement and education initiatives at work place.
Nurse Assistant Resume Sample 5
- Provided basic patient care including taking vital signs, assisting with ADLs, and reporting changes in patients’ conditions to the nurse.
- Exposed to wide range of diseases by caring for infants, children, adults, and geriatrics from a variety of social backgrounds.
- Recruited by nurses as a dependable substitute because of being able to spontaneously adapt during staffing emergencies.
- Volunteered to provide telephone reassurance to an elderly woman. Assisted her, frequently changed bed linens due to incontinence; cared for her until family could be located.
- Presented self-care program at Nursing Station orientation; educated fellow on nutrition and exercise.
Nurse Assistant Resume Sample 6
- Assisted with treatment, transport, vital monitoring, and comfort.
- Trained to the full completion of State certification for Nurse Assistant II in less than 6 months.
- Demonstrated focus on quality patient care under the direction of Licensed Practical Nurses and Registered Nurses.
- Displayed verbal communication skills which strengthened interpersonal relationships amongst staff members.
- Acted as an integral member of the nursing team during patient care.
Nurse Assistant Resume Sample 7
- Performed vital signs, comfort levels, and basic health care needs for patients.
- Provided emotional support to patients by listening patiently, reassuring them of their well-being.
- Overcame fear of needles by learning the procedure of subcutaneous injections; authorized to inject subcutaneously after demonstrating ability to perform under supervision.
- Detected patient’s declining health through various symptoms such as lack of appetite, increased thirst, weight loss, negative attitude; alerted supervisor immediately.
- Greeted family members at the beginning and end of each shift with an encouraging word or smile; provided positive reinforcement on job performance.
Nurse Assistant Resume Sample 8
- Collected samples of urine, feces, and blood for chemical analysis.
- Prepared patient for procedures such as massages, electric shock therapy, inhalation therapy, and cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Assisted physicians with examinations by recording vital information on patients’ charts; observed testing equipment to ensure accuracy of results.
- Provided first aid to accident victims after following radio-dispatch instructions.
- Achieved award for outstanding customer service based on surveys completed by patients who had received services during the past year.
Nurse Assistant Resume Sample 9
- Provided care and support to the disabled in a home health setting.
- Exhibited high standards of nursing care and service and made appropriate referrals when necessary.
- Participated in Health Care for All Outreach Project that helped meet the healthcare needs of low-income children.
- Received recognition from agency director for outstanding performance, helping to retain an additional full-time position.
- Provided comfort to terminally ill patients by strengthening their will to live during final days.
Nurse Assistant Resume Sample 10
- Assisted in recording vital signs, administering medications, and documenting daily logs for over 40 patients.
- Promoted to Certified Nurse Assistant after six months of outstanding efforts; experience characterized by ability to follow instructions, flexibility, and responsibility.
- Provided exceptional patient care during the final stages of treatment for cancer patients while knowledgeable on treatments, side effects, and hospice palliative care.
- Supported emotional needs of family members while informing them on all aspects of illness while maintaining confidentiality between patient and family interactions.
- Recognized for outstanding nursing assistant performance while striving to provide quality service with respect towards others.
Nurse Assistant Resume Sample 11
- Prepared patient, families, and self for surgery by establishing rapport with patients; applying patient teaching skills most suitable to the individual needs of each patient through counseling and discussion.
- Provided highest standards of care in a fast-paced surgical environment by adhering to infection prevention protocols including hand hygiene practices, keeping assigned areas clean, and using effective communication techniques.
- Contributed to smooth operation of Surgical Operating Room Department by effectively completing pre-assigned tasks while assisting in developing new procedures for improving departmental processes.
- Realized possibilities for personal growth after receiving Patient Care Award from surgeon following surgery.
- Assessed surgical risks prior to surgeries thereby reducing if not preventing post-operative complications by performing duties as assigned.
Nurse Assistant Resume Sample 12
- Assisted doctors and nurses during examinations and procedures.
- Prepared patients for tests such as EKGs, x-rays, lab work, and MRIs; assisted in treatments such as chemotherapy, dialysis, and injections.
- Cared for post-operative patients by ensuring that they ate well and did not attempt strenuous activity. Also assisted with convalescence of terminally ill patients.
- Aided homebound patients with daily medical needs; taught self-care techniques to prevent future health complications; always treated patient’s family members with respect and kindness.
- Followed relevant safety policies while observing confidentiality protocols at all times; served as a positive role model for patients and patient families.
Nurse Assistant Resume Sample 13
- Tranquilized patients by administering prescribed medications, relieving pain.
- Made independent decisions to prioritize patient care needs during emergency situations.
- Newly promoted into nursing staff after demonstrating exceptional teamwork abilities needed for quality patient care & safety.
- Recipient of the Leadership Award; adeptly motivated nurse assistants during stressful work environment by displaying personal leadership skills.
- Collaborated with physicians and other healthcare professionals to determine optimal procedures for patient recovery in accordance to clinical guidelines.
To become a nurse assistant, a certified nursing assistant certification is required. A nurse assistant must be empathetic, must be detail-oriented, must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, must be able to work in a team, must have excellent organizational skills, must have excellent time management skills, and must be adaptable.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.