A Grant Manager researches and files requests for funding. Their duties would be to review grant proposals, verify budgets, request funds on time, draft grant submissions, review grant submissions done by support staff, oversee final submissions, perform monthly budget reconciliation, and assemble final grant application package.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Grant Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Grant Manager resumes for your reference.
Grant Manager Resume Sample 1
- Managed database of 700 unrepresented artists from across the United States to successfully distribute $300,000 in grants for the arts.
- Hired dedicated and talented staff to implement database management system, giving awards directly and by phone.
- Obtained expertise in database management through thirty-one years of training and education; provided technical support and advice throughout process.
- Distributed grants to artists as varied as a muralist who produced over 40 murals, a poet who produced over 15 books and poetry CDs, an artist who created over 200 sculptures made from recycled materials, a playwright whose work was published by Broadway Play Publishing Inc. and an artist who produced over 70 acrylic paintings.
- Managed grant database to facilitate grants distribution in both the Greater Washington DC and Baltimore metropolitan areas with a staff of five.
Grant Manager Resume Sample 2
- Managed multi-million dollar budgets and staff; fostered productive and efficient work habits leading to the favorable recognition from a national organization for meeting Federal guidelines.
- Initiated company-wide projects; researched, planned, implemented, tracked and reported the progress of such initiatives.
- Increased job satisfaction for associates; taught new skills and promoted values that strengthened the development of a positive work environment.
- Designed and implemented software for more efficient record keeping; reduced clerical errors and related manual input time by 30%.
- Invented questionnaires to refine data collection procedures; streamlined administrative processes which increased productivity by 15%.
Grant Manager Resume Sample 3
- Transcribed 4,000+ letters and 1,000+ memos.
- Drafted correspondence to be completed by the recipient on their own time.
- Coordinated multiple programs by arranging schedules, data entry, and verifying all information associated with each program.
- Organized mailroom data by date, length, frequency, and postage.
- Scheduled time to meet all work deadlines; met or exceeded all goals for productivity.
Grant Manager Resume Sample 4
- Oversaw administrative duties in the ordering of books (10,000 books), equipment, and supplies for four branch libraries servicing over 200,000 patrons.
- Managed the fiscal budgets of four branch libraries with a total yearly budget exceeding $1.5 million. Scheduled staff to ensure that library endeavors were completed in a timely manner.
- Was the recipient of two grants to be used for supporting teen literacy initiatives. Organized community enrichment programs and initiatives including summer reading programs, after school reading clubs, and parent’s night out events.
- Recipient of a grant to fund the purchase of new computers, software, and internet access; and project management of refurbishing a church into a full-service library.
- Awarded the “Quality Management Citation” in recognition for exceptional contributions to the United Way of Western Pennsylvania’s annual fundraising campaign.
Grant Manager Resume Sample 5
- Increased department funds by a total of $4,000; implemented new procedures on time-sensitive applications to achieve 95% approval rating.
- identified the need for a database program that automatically cross-referenced agencies with monetary requirements and funding availability. Achieved 100% success rate in routing grants through immediate processing.
- Helped lead team meetings as the team’s secretary; effectively kept minutes, compiled and submitted agendas, and prepared legal documents for state submission.
- Collaborated with purchasing department to obtain necessary supplies at reduced price; saved the company $600 over original bid price through bulk purchase of supplies required by all departments.
- Found large quantity of unclaimed funds belonging to the county; retrieved a total of $53,000 for the county with her “hint” to the auditor.
Grant Manager Resume Sample 6
- Managed the collection of $2,318,677 in grant funds from two federal grants for two projects which were completed.
- Directed the interpretation of federal and state government grants which were received by the organization.
- Compiled and distributed financial records to nonprofit organizations which received federal and state grants.
- Created a database for tracking grant information such as number of grants awarded, amounts requested, dates completed, dates due, project details such as names of employees involved, and contact information.
- Reviewed requests and applications for government assistance while maintaining an appropriate level of confidentiality regarding confidential addresses; maintained final approval authority over application approval process.
Grant Manager Resume Sample 7
- Initiated and managed grant applications for the City of San Jose.
- Assessed the efficiency of grant administrative functions, established guidelines for project administration and expected results, worked with grant recipients on data collection, attained timely grant reviews, and coordinated with project managers to ensure goal achievements.
- Developed new sources of capital funding/grants by conducting market research, updating statistical reports, and developing contributions proposals that were competitively funded by the city.
- Successfully updated the Grant Management System to meet new facility needs through standardization of data collection.
- Organized and maintained over one million dollars in annual contracts, grants, and donations for the Jewish Community Center.
Grant Manager Resume Sample 8
- Achieved award for overseeing the processing of over $25,000 in grants and donations; received $500 bonus from the Ombudsman.
- Recognized for my contributions to the registration process at annual summer camp.
- Managed a budget of $50,000 for both operational and new student activities. Scheduled speakers, coordinated transportation, ordered food services and facilities.
- Received appreciation award for affording opportunities to others which was recognized during campus holiday party; helped organize 50 kids to serve lunch to over 300 elderly people during holiday season.
- Achieved top percentile ranking for my support of the office and professional attitude.
Grant Manager Resume Sample 9
- Coordinated a hundred-million-dollar federal, state, and local grant budget; implemented the new focus on customer service and quality of care; earned the respect of colleagues.
- Appointed to State Board of Directors for the developmentally disabled; hosted two grants seminars in Chicago for personnel who have been specifically appointed to all State Boards.
- Volunteered time at Salvation Army to serve Christmas meals for homeless and poor families.
- Participated in fundraising event for Global Medical Relief Fund on August 24, 2005 at the North Shore YMCA raising 2,500 dollars.
- Attended the “Guide on the Side” workshop in St. Louis and put the skills into practice by helping a homeless man find shelter, food, and services.
Grant Manager Resume Sample 10
- Managed grants in a timely and efficient manner and encouraged employees to do the same. Emphasized efficiency, accuracy, and cooperation.
- Provided social services to sixty-five organizations, ranging in size from non-profits to universities; organized program events including symposiums, conferences, and workshops.
- Developed a manager’s manual for effective grant management; led staff and organizations to reach goals by changing their behavior patterns.
- Achieved benchmark goals as an administrator; received state award for Outstanding Commitment to Civic Improvement by developing programs and policies that have helped communities across North Carolina become better places to live.
- Moved communities to a stage of progress not previously reached through effective planning and management.
Grant Manager Resume Sample 11
- Managed a team of professionals responsible for the distribution of $2 million in public grants annually.
- Collaborated with qualified organizations to increase their potential for receiving further public funding.
- Developed special fund-raising projects to enhance previously awarded grants.
- Managed a small agency staff with a budget of only $60,000, including 15 full-time employees.
- Received the exceptional performance award for financial management.
A bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance is required for this position, plus two years of experience. Skills needed are excellent math and computer skills, research skills, proficiency in accounting, proficiency in Excel and databases, superior knowledge of reporting principles, organizational skills, and outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.