CNC Machine Operators are tasked with using a computer numerical machine properly and safely. Their duties include preparing machines for grinding and drilling, loading materials to the machines, setting machine functions, maintaining machines regularly, running machine tests regularly, and inspecting finished products.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best CNC Machine Operator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real CNC Machine Operator resumes for your reference.
CNC Machine Operator Resume Sample 1
- Achieved record levels of productivity during the month of July for CNC machine.
- Met production requirements for manufacturing within an accelerated product launch timeframe.
- Effectively communicated with supervisor to control variables within a continuous improvement process to reduce costs and improve quality.
- Committed to maintain standards as a member of team; identified as peer leader by peers and management.
- Mentored less experienced operators on their individual work processes, personal performance goals, and teamwork initiatives.
CNC Machine Operator Resume Sample 2
- Extracted parts from a milling machine at a rate of up to 30 tons per hour.
- Operated the machine, set-up the tooling, and inspected the finished parts.
- Set up and ran a precision drilling machine; improved tool life by comparing values between new versus old tooling.
- Set up and trained for installation of equipment into a prototype hot press line; recorded installation time in computer.
- Setup, operated, and maintained mill/drill machines in assembly area/paint shop to produce custom stencils for car doors at a rate of over 600 per day.
CNC Machine Operator Resume Sample 3
- Set up, operated, and maintained 2-axis Mazak Bridgeport Lathe with production of 50 turned parts per day.
- Implemented shop floor improvement by installing CNC Q-Buss (milling) machine for production of 20 machined parts per week.
- Developed programming methods for utilizing the old proprietary Mazak control language to operate new Fanuc controls on several different machine configurations.
- Accurately machined aircraft parts for the McDonnell Douglas Helicopter Corporation; earned appreciation from supervisor for six months of production on-time and under budget.
- Set up, performed scheduled maintenance on, and shut down CNC Turning Machines; zero unscheduled shutdowns in 2 years.
CNC Machine Operator Resume Sample 4
- Effectively updated (punching, milling, and boring) flawlessly executed machined parts.
- Performed tests to ensure machined precision for all finished parts.
- Suggested the addition of computerized controls for optimizing efficiency and finishing accuracy.
- Recognized by management for outstanding performance after reducing production time from 4 hours to 1 hour and 42 minutes per part.
- Accelerated machining precision by writing computer programs which utilized machine intelligence.
CNC Machine Operator Resume Sample 5
- Developed and completed assembly instructions on new CNC multi-spindle machine.
- Revised and completed assembly instructions for 4-axis CNC machining center.
- Established a new standard for product quality after completing maintenance on CNC lathe, milling machine, saws, grinders, rollers, and presses.
- Worked as a lead machinist in the planning and development of engineered automated equipment from concept sketches to prototype.
- Implemented the use of engineering CAD software to speed up cutting time by 80% after implementing 5 new programs based on customer requests in preparation for national sales meeting presentation.
CNC Machine Operator Resume Sample 6
- Effectively made over 100 kits of precision parts in less than 5 minutes each; increased production by 15% in less than a year.
- Improved company’s quality assurance procedures (QA) by testing and inspecting the components of a new product line with cone penetrometers and surface scanning detectors.
- Instructed peers on the use of industrial robotics and machine tools, while receiving award for workmanship and efficiency on several production lines.
- Developed three-dimensional 3-axis milling machine which converted multiple pieces into finished parts within an hour.
- Established contract negotiations with a large manufacturing company to produce a computerized utility knife for cutting metal products.
CNC Machine Operator Resume Sample 7
- Troubleshot a 2 axis, 6-Axis CNC lathe and exceeded expectations by successfully increasing production by over 60% in less than 6 months.
- Exceeded all requirements for quality and safety standards; was awarded the “Employee of the Month” award twice in one year.
- Supervised 12 colleagues during daily operations while maintaining production standards to meet OEM customer demand; instrumental in developing additional work stations within company.
- Selected as team leader over four other teammates in an emergency situation, resulting in a timely resolution that saved our corporation $50,000 in repair costs.
- Accepted an 80+ hour work week during a period of company expansion to facilitate customer growth.
CNC Machine Operator Resume Sample 8
- Operated CNC machine tools to increase production rate by 15%.
- Expanded CNC machine tool inventory by 12%.
- Established advanced productions techniques utilizing two-cam programs and simultaneous two-axis machining.
- Delivered on time, highest quality product under pressure of tight schedules.
- Recruited, trained, and supervised over 20 employees in a demanding environment with high potential for growth.
CNC Machine Operator Resume Sample 9
- Operated and maintained cutting and grinding machines and performed set-up procedures in a fast paced, high volume environment.
- Streamlined production of parts by implementing the most efficient machine setups and operation.
- Achieved an annual operating profit by exceeding material cost targets.
- Committed to quality customer service; earned customer loyalty while earning customer satisfaction awards.
- Recognized as employee of the month; achieved 100% on production lines.
CNC Machine Operator Resume Sample 10
- Utilized knowledge of PC technology to upgrade CNC machine software, increasing efficiency and preventing errors.
- Lead a team of five employees in an aircraft manufacturing company.
- Mentored a junior operator; guided and educated him through his initial operating experience.
- Recognized for exceptional performance and promoted to an entirely new position with more responsibility.
- Received award for exceeding production goals for five consecutive months; a record that no other CNC machine operator has achieved in the history of the company.
CNC Machine Operator Resume Sample 11
- Responsible for operating CNC machine, grinding machines, and drills. Completed assigned tasks within manufacturing standards.
- Increased production by 20% for three months through diligent effort to eliminate waste and increase efficiency.
- Aided in reducing scrap and rework; improved quality of manufactured products.
- Provided on the job training for new employees; prepared them to increase productivity and become self-sufficient team members.
- Maintained quality control standards through constant inspection of products throughout their manufacture.
CNC Machine Operator Resume Sample 12
- Performed computer-assisted machining tasks with minimal supervision.
- Passed a 90 percent quality assurance assessment and exceeded two production quotas on the same machine.
- Formed a team with minimum supervision, demonstrating superior responsibility and leadership skills.
- Created the Department of Quality Committee to ensure the standard quality control and inspection procedures were followed throughout all parts of the manufacturing process.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities in staff meetings by proposing improvements to the operation and promoting good morale among employees. In addition, he successfully visited Wansley Corp., a major corporation in the area of manufacturing, in order to promote mutual business relations between both companies.
CNC Machine Operator Resume Sample 13
- Founded inside machining services business by providing expertise to start up new projects and maintain existing machinery.
- Recruited, trained, and supervised two other CNC machine operators. Instructed operators in the workings of the Haas Millenium II machining center.
- Maintained current CNC knowledge and skills through attendance of seminars presented by Haas Automation, Inc.
- Utilized 10% discretionary company pre-tax profits to invest in employees’ education by funding tuition costs for employees to attend classes on a variety of topics including CNC programming at local community colleges, English as a second language courses, and financial management courses at local banks.
- Hand-picked and promoted manufacturing/machine operators according to their skills, expertise, and potential for growth.
To become a CNC Machine Operator, you will need a High School Diploma or equivalent, plus relevant experience in manufacturing. The skills needed for this position are strong communication skills, computer skills, attention to detail, analytical skills, reading skills, ability to use machinery, and time management skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.