A freelance graphic designer work independently to provide graphic artwork and design to clientele. A freelance graphic designer’s responsibilities include networking, searching for projects, fee negotiation, reviewing project requirements with client, creating new graphic designs, and finishing projects on agreed upon time.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Freelance Graphic Designer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Freelance Graphic Designer resumes for your reference.
Freelance Graphic Designer Resume Sample 1
- Developed graphics for several promotional projects; designed logos, brochures, newsletters, ads, and postcards for various businesses.
- Designed website graphics; created an original logo for the company (stylized/distinctive/unique).
- Created promotional designs; designed effective flyers in keeping with the companies’ standards and guidelines regarding color usage.
- Designed a company logo for a local entertainment venue; effectively utilized the existing company colors while retaining a unique look.
- Created a brochure design that met the companies’ standards and guidelines regarding color usage.
Freelance Graphic Designer Resume Sample 2
- Accomplished freelance designer who is skilled in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop. Completed projects as outlined by clients and provided revisions as necessary to meet their requests.
- Performed as a graphic designer for an advertising agency; creating captivating images for TV and Radio ads, brochures, and event posters.
- Designed innovative images; received the award for excellence in design from the company president and general manager.
- Achieved recognition for designing infographics; effectively created visual representations of concepts and messages to help promote products and services.
- Awarded recognition for illustrating a book of poetry; created creative images and word art for use on promotional items.
Freelance Graphic Designer Resume Sample 3
- Created unique & valuable branding strategies for promotional materials, B2B collateral.
- Exhibited exceptional skills in creative design, graphic design, layout, and typography.
- Achieved award for exceptional business-to-business collateral provided to clients throughout the United States.
- Adherence to industry guidelines regarding the process of providing collateral documents to clients was noted by clients and the overall quality of work received high customer satisfaction.
- Met all production deadlines consistently; successfully negotiated with clients on the pricing of services provided.
Freelance Graphic Designer Resume Sample 4
- Organized and coordinated layouts.
- Collaborated with clients to ensure outstanding design elements were created for promotional items.
- Designed and executed unique custom elements for clients including website templates, brochures, trade show materials, and email marketing campaigns.
- Created award-winning banners and posters; created distinctive advertising pieces that caught the attention of the clientele.
- Received outstanding quality award; the identified client needs and provide solutions that fit their budget.
Freelance Graphic Designer Resume Sample 5
- Created unique portfolios of artwork, creative designs, packaging, and graphic identity design according to clients’ needs.
- Selected unique colors, fonts, and illustration styles for each project based on the client’s specifications.
- Led design teams with creative direction; had extensive input on final designs.
- Achieved award for excellence in graphic design; realized growth through new leadership initiatives.
- Recognized for innovative direction in creative design; conducted effective meetings to facilitate better communication.
Freelance Graphic Designer Resume Sample 6
- Worked collaboratively with creative team members to produce visually pleasing designs for the client’s full spectrum of promotional items, including postcards, invitations, gift bags, and event posters.
- Enhanced brands by providing effective solutions that incorporated color matching within the corporate logos that produced vibrant results.
- Recognized by clients for exceptional presentation of finished products; enthusiastically involved in company’s design project to display at a national trade show.
- Received appreciation award for excellent customer service; resolved problems surrounding deadlines and overall expectations.
- Proactively researched, investigated, and recommended new methods for improving workflow efficiency.
Freelance Graphic Designer Resume Sample 7
- Hand-designed 1 CD cover; produced 2 sticker labels; designed and produced 3 business cards; designed and produced 2 website banners.
- Designed and hand-produced 1 T-shirt design, including all details such as placement, color schemes, and timing of delivery.
- Hand-illustrated two comic book issues; hand-designed and hand-illustrated a magnetic scrawl pad for children; designed and hand-produced 3 book covers.
- Hand uploaded, edited, and animated 1 Facebook video (2 minutes); created 1 logo (1 minute); created 1 web banner (1 minute).
- Hand-designed, hand-produced, and hand-illustrated a specialty card set.
Freelance Graphic Designer Resume Sample 8
- Designed brochures, logos, and advertisements for several charitable organizations.
- Created a logo design for a new department store that they used as a basis for a large advertisement campaign.
- Conducted a workshop on designing materials using Word’s SmartArt feature to prospective customers who were interested in the program.
- Created graphic designs for promotional advertisements, logos, and labels for customers in various business-related fields.
- Developed promotional material for museums and museums directors including the Great Kids Museum of New Jersey.
Freelance Graphic Designer Resume Sample 9
- Promoted by the executive creative team to direct the creative department; gained experience in all aspects of graphic design.
- Directed all creative projects for three years; created special projects for CEO, CFO, Vice President of Sales, and other management positions within the company.
- Assisted with art direction and design for multiple advertising campaigns; designed advertisements that received awards from Design Magazine.
- Created artwork for live broadcast events at casinos in three states; provided art direction to commemorate special occasions.
- Designed holiday cards that were distributed to over 2000 targeted customers.
Freelance Graphic Designer Resume Sample 10
- Designed poster for student government association fundraiser; designed poster advertising the independent film festival.
- Designed brochure to promote new products featured in the music store I worked for.
- Enhanced existing website by adding responsive layout structure to enhance users’ experience with respect to mobile devices.
- Promoted high school student government association by designing flyers, brochures, posters, and banners that were distributed at school entrances and around town.
- Wrote and designed a brochure for the real estate agency I worked for.
Freelance Graphic Designer Resume Sample 11
- Met client’s satisfaction on a freelance project for a local business. Designs met client expectations and were received on time. Executed projects with superior quality.
- Developed a PowerPoint presentation that captured the attention of the board of education and its members while detailing a proposal to expand the current school campus.
- Won graphic design competition at the annual convention of National Association of Graphic Designers; recognized for creative excellence with award nomination in 2009, 2010, and 2011; recognized at 2012 convention in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Acknowledged by the client with positive feedback for delivering on projects without error.
- Delivered presentations in a professional manner while accommodating requests from the board members.
Freelance Graphic Designer Resume Sample 12
- As a freelance designer, I produced visual materials for corporate and personal projects.
- Personally designed and delivered work using personal and business resources.
- Created detailed graphics that represented visual identities; received annual review for the quality level.
- Achieved award for design quality; collaborated with the staff to produce graphics for internal use and external completion.
- Maintained a high level of working knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Publisher; effectively used college lecture notes.
Freelance Graphic Designer Resume Sample 13
- Formulated original cover designs and layouts for twelve textbooks and two magazines; presented with enthusiasm and confidence.
- Supervised others as a full-time instructor; organized and directed the activities of those who I taught.
- Solved client dissatisfaction as a full-time service representative; listened to client concerns before diagnosing problem areas.
- Earned award for outstanding achievement; directed the development of a top-rated commercial, which was aired on major TV stations nationwide.
- Attained recognition as a top account representative; made effective recommendations for the growth of accounts.
Freelance Graphic Designer Resume Sample 14
- Became a member of the Executive Committee for the startup social network PartyPoker.com.
- Provided training materials for a major television broadcast, as well as countless smaller projects.
- Designed and developed an award-winning campaign for the gay community’s largest annual fundraiser (Gay Pride Day).
- Created numerous promotional graphics for local businesses; owner of freelance graphic design firm which specialized in web development, logo design, and direct mail marketing.
- Provided professional services to one of the largest education communities in Oklahoma City; developed marketing materials including newsletters, flyers, brochures, posters, and various signage.
To be a freelance graphic designer, a bachelor’s degree in graphic design is required, in addition to an impressive portfolio that clientele seek. A freelance graphic designer must be creative, must be flexible, must be self-motivated, must be knowledgeable with specialized software, must be detail-oriented, have excellent time management skills, and excellent communication skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.