Front Desk Managers are supervisors in the hospitality industry who manage the front desk staff and assist when guests arrive or check out. Duties include hiring and training of front desk staff, scheduling, answering phones, maintaining supplies and cleanliness of the reception area, and resolving customer complaints.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Front Desk Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Front Desk Manager resumes for your reference.
Front Desk Manager Resume Sample 1
- Maintained daily operations of the front desk, including but not limited to; overseeing and coordinating the work schedule, training new employees, and acting as a liaison between guests and other departments.
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service skills by going above and beyond to meet the needs of guests; often resolving complaints or concerns in a quick and efficient manner.
- Received recognition from upper management for efficiently handling high-pressure situations, such as during check-in/out or during periods of heavy traffic.
- Partnered with other departments to create and execute promotional events that increased hotel occupancy and overall customer satisfaction.
- Achieved award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines based on customer survey ratings from guests who had stayed at the hotel.
Front Desk Manager Resume Sample 2
- Negotiated and managed contracts with key suppliers, resulting in significant savings for the company.
- Demonstrated exceptional leadership skills while managing a team of 15 front desk employees.
- Improved customer satisfaction ratings by 20% thanks to her focus on providing excellent customer service.
- Received two commendations from the company president for her outstanding work in managing the front desk operations.
- Conducted staff meetings, updated employees on company changes or policies, and created an efficient system for checking guests in and out.
Front Desk Manager Resume Sample 3
- Ensured a welcoming environment for hotel guests and a positive image of the brand.
- Effectively prioritized multi-tasking responsibilities, often under high pressure. Escalated issues to senior management as needed.
- Trained new employees in front desk operational activities; efficiently managed the performance of two team members during peak periods.
- Managed extensive inventory control; planned room changes based on corporate guidelines and guest requests. Converted an 8% charge-back rate into 0%.
- Mobilized staff to resolve customer service issues quickly without sacrificing quality; initiated service recovery programs for frequent/frequent visitors with outstanding feedback from clients.
Front Desk Manager Resume Sample 4
- Provided exceptional service as a front desk manager by greeting and assisting guests, answering phone calls with a pleasant attitude, resolving guest issues with excellence.
- Increased customer satisfaction scores from customers who had made advanced room reservations.
- Improved the department through effective staff training and development programs.Increased guest services with higher levels of accuracy during checking in and out procedures.
- Promoted to Director of Sales after increasing revenue for two consecutive years by 30%. Awarded “Employee of the Year” for contributions to company goals.
- Launched website which attracted more bookings from online clients leading to increased sales success rate from 12% to 23%.
Front Desk Manager Resume Sample 5
- Maximized revenue and customer satisfaction by establishing friendly, supportive rapport with guests.
- Monitored hotel facilities and equipment for safety and damage control during crisis periods.
- Assisted in the development of a revised housekeeping procedure to increase staff accountability and guest satisfaction.
- Revamped front office layout to improve management’s view of all transaction counters simultaneously.
- Initiated new membership program that increased profit margin 3% within first month of operation; recognized as Employee of the Month.
Front Desk Manager Resume Sample 6
- Demonstrated expertise in operations, customer service, and human resources by successfully managing the front desk for a busy hotel.
- Led and directed a team of 10+ employees while maintaining an 80% customer satisfaction rating.
- Oversaw all aspects of the front desk including guest registration, check-in/check-out, room assignments, and billing.
- Provided leadership and support to employees during busy periods and managed staff schedules accordingly.
- Excelled in problem solving and quickly resolved any issues that arose.
Front Desk Manager Resume Sample 7
- Demonstrated a deep understanding of customer service and satisfaction principles by creating a positive first and last impression for guests.
- Effectively managed all aspects of the front desk, including guest check-in/check-out, reservations, and concierge services.
- Distinguished as a top performer with outstanding professionalism, knowledge of hotel front desk operations, and guest satisfaction.
- Recognized for creating a welcoming environment by facilitating hotel guest relaxation.
- Evaluated for successful leadership in relation to achieving growth targets by improving levels of guest service and satisfaction.
Front Desk Manager Resume Sample 8
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service skills, consistently meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
- Led and directed a team of over 10 employees, ensuring that all front desk operations ran smoothly and efficiently.
- Answered phones and greeted guests in a friendly and professional manner, providing excellent customer service.
- Resolved any customer complaints or concerns in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Maintained a positive and professional attitude at all times, setting the example for other employees.
Front Desk Manager Resume Sample 9
- Demonstrated strong problem solving skills by successfully handling customer complaints and escalated issues.
- Provided leadership and guidance to the front desk team, ensuring that all goals were met or exceeded.
- Was responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the front desk, including scheduling, training, and staff development.
- Achieved recognition as “Employee of the Month” on multiple occasions for outstanding performance.
- Received a prestigious award from the company for excellence in customer service.
Front Desk Manager Resume Sample 10
- Manage all aspects of the hotel front desk to ensure guests have a memorable stay.
- Coordinate all front-office functions, including but not limited to room reservations, check-ins and check-outs for over 200 guest rooms.
- Bilingual in Spanish; greet international clients with outstanding hospitality while providing excellent customer service.
- Highlighted by supervisors for ability to work fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail; selected as “Employee of the Month” three times during tenure at this position.
- Provided exemplary leadership when dealing with difficult guests; received letter of appreciation from General Manager for exceptional teamwork during crisis situation.
Front Desk Manager Resume Sample 11
- Oversee, manage, and train five employees to maximize efficiency of hotel check-in procedures.
- Trained new staff on all aspects of front desk operations; reduced turnover for this position by 60%.
- Achieved second highest room occupancy numbers in the region.
- Authored guest services manual; contributed ten percent improvements in three cost centers (rooms sold, food and beverage revenue, and banquet sales).
- Introduced a weekly written newsletter directed toward guests with information about local events and activities.
Front Desk Manager Resume Sample 12
- Assisted more than 5,000 guests in making their resort experience the best they ever had.
- Provided exceptional customer service to our international clientele including high-profile celebrity guests.
- Met and exceeded financial goals by increasing revenue while decreasing expenses.
- Reduced wait times for registration services through effective management of resources, implemented leadership training programs for staff.
- Authored a guest relations handbook that is being used by multiple resorts around the world.
Though there is no specific degree requirements cash handling experience and a background in hospitality is often looked for. Front Desk Managers should have leadership skills, excellent communication, basic computer skills, professional attire, time management skills, ability to multitask, team building skills, and be able to prioritize and delegate tasks.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Front Desk Manager Resume Samples
- Front Desk Manager Resume Sample 1
- Front Desk Manager Resume Sample 2
- Front Desk Manager Resume Sample 3
- Front Desk Manager Resume Sample 4
- Front Desk Manager Resume Sample 5
- Front Desk Manager Resume Sample 6
- Front Desk Manager Resume Sample 7
- Front Desk Manager Resume Sample 8
- Front Desk Manager Resume Sample 9
- Front Desk Manager Resume Sample 10
- Front Desk Manager Resume Sample 11
- Front Desk Manager Resume Sample 12
- Wrap Up