These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Portfolio Manager resumes for your reference.
- Managing a quantitative, fundamental equity portfolio from theme development through data sourcing, analytics, and results interpretation, with an emphasis on generating predictable, low-volatility returns.
- Designing and implementing a risk-mitigation strategy in the derivatives market and updating portfolio attribution metrics to improve decision-making and drive performance.
- Uncovering new portfolio opportunities by engaging with CEOs, CFOs, and investor relations of covered companies at non-deal roadshows (NDRs), industry conferences, and one-on-ones.
- Supervision of vehicle selection including active equity, fixed income, alternative, passive, and structured investments.
- Portfolio risk management with use of proprietary modeling to control volatility, tracking error, factor exposure and VAR.
- Member of the Global Investment Council responsible for the private bank’s views and strategy.
- Point of contact for ultra-high net worth investors to discuss portfolio positioning and grow/retain asset base.
- Respond to inbound sales inquiries, literature requests and service issues.
- Make outbound telephone sales calls to third party distributors to promote financial products.
- Widen market spread: proactive cultivation of new prospects, set appointments, deliver product updates.
- Managed long-only EM fixed-income and equity portfolios with assets over $300MM.
- Managed hedged-equity and long-short US equities portfolios with assets over $15MM.
- Created quantitative models, risk management and trading algorithms.
- Managed staff of 2 analysts and a trader, and interacted with institutional clients and financial media.
- Consulted with 60 account relationships to determine financial needs and ensure exceptional client satisfaction.
- Led client meetings to review current portfolios, recommend changes, and establish new business opportunities.
- Cultivated and nurtured strong relationships with clients, institutional sellers, lawyers, and in-house teams.
- Implemented tactical changes in the composition of 3,500+ model portfolios using Dyamex.
- Collaborating with the Asset Management team to ensure implementation of desired changes.
- Performed cash-management and rebalanced existing portfolios to meet client contributions, withdrawals and strategy changes using Dyamex and Cires.
- Supported the Wealth Management team with investment performance analysis through fund, asset class and geographical contribution and attribution analysis.
- Managed and traded a portfolio of U.S. derivative positions within a global team.
- Traded volatility, index, interest rate, currency, credit, equity derivatives and options extensively.
- Primarily used listed and OTC derivatives to express views on the volatility and/or the direction of an underlying security.
- Manage a 4m fund that constitutes quantitative systematic trading strategies.
- Perform extensive risk management to mitigate losses during market corrections and bear-secular cycles, while maximizing client returns.
- Managed all client portfolio investment decisions, conducted detailed research to provide bottoms-up security recommendations.
- Managed investments of about $420000 to fulfil an investment objectives of the fund.
- Analysed and suggested a suitable investment strategy for the fund.
- Researched and analysed different products among different asset classes following an Investment Policy Statement of the fund.
- Maintain quality resident relations. First hand interaction with board and residents and ability to respond effectively to inquiries, problems and complaints.
- Oversee capital projects, including façade, roof and sidewalk restorations.
- Process and oversee resident alteration projects and insure all requirements for performing these projects are met prior to commencement of work.
- Prepare agendas, and attend monthly board meetings and committee meetings on request; attend all shareholder meetings.
- Management and supervision of onsite personnel for 4 separate condominium and townhouse communities consisting of 50 buildings with a combined total of 550 units.
- Daily office work to include preparation of quarterly resident newsletters, resident work orders, community notices, distribution of pool passes, parking tags, etc.
- Inspect grounds and equipment routinely to determine necessity of repairs or maintenance.
- Plan, schedule, solicit and analyze bids and supervise contractors for general maintenance, major repairs or construction projects.
- Managed firm’s proprietary trading program that has been tested through various commodity market cycles focusing on low macro correlation while utilizing disciplined risk management.
- Assisted in growth of the firms AUM by over 2000%, from $6mm to $130mm, while enhancing the firm’s infrastructure and shifting the scope of investors from retail to institutional.
- Implemented the firm’s strategies into the grains complex to increase portfolio diversity and reduce market saturation in the softs while maintaining scalable returns which outperformed the market.
- Developed in house allocation and reconciliation algorithm for individual accounts risk management while overseeing capital.