A Field Investigator is also know as a private investigator gather information for law an enforcement as well as private clients. A Field Investigator’s duties include interviewing witnesses, observing behaviors, documentation, surveillance, background checks, and presenting evidence.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Field Investigator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Field Investigator resumes for your reference.
Field Investigator Resume Sample 1
- Inspected and analyzed (by means of graphs and charts) data from various sources in order to determine discrepancies between the figures compiled from the investigation and the ones that were substantiated.
- Undertook a detailed investigation of a suspicious business transaction by setting up surveillance, taking photos of the suspect, analyzing information, and collecting evidence.
- Generated an investigative report containing numerous points of analysis in order to understand the process that led to the issue being reported.
- Bridgehead formed through teamwork with other research professionals. Conducted a thorough analysis of Georgia’s financial status by researching materials such as historical numbers, budgets, current operating per capita expenditures, etc.
- Detectives formed a team to conduct an investigation of a burglary that had occurred in the city. I conducted an initial investigation by canvassing the area; then joined the other detectives in reviewing facts and evidence to help solve the case.
Field Investigator Resume Sample 2
- Determined veracity of information garnered from the client’s records, specifically pertaining to physical assets; utilized and applied industry-specific software and tools to compile client data.
- Evaluated and determined locations of business properties, utilized GIS (Geographic Information System) technology to establish locations and evaluate the accuracy of supplied data.
- Utilized and applied industry-specific software to compile client data, determining the accuracy of submitted information by re-inputting information, then evaluating differences in output. Reviewed and adjusted findings accordingly.
- Used mastered tools, namely HPI (Home Price Index) report system to process current market values for various surroundings within a given zip code area.
- Utilized GIS (Geographic Information System) technology to compile and correlate data, utilizing HPI (Home Price Index) report system for more precise information on areas’ values.
Field Investigator Resume Sample 3
- Employed excellent time management skills by researching information within an eight-hour period of time.
- Effectively communicate with customers and other associates in person and on the telephone regarding the status of their loan applications.
- Achieved award for providing excellent customer service by solving customers’ problems at my discretion and obtaining positive feedback from customers in a survey following the completion of their loan.
- Received recognition for exceeding my special project sales goal; recognized as a valuable asset to the company.
Field Investigator Resume Sample 4
- Surveyed companies to determine the customer satisfaction record. Discovered that the customer satisfaction rating was 92%. Address complaints so they can be handled properly in the future.
- Reviewed raw data and analyzed it to determine customer service territories, customer satisfaction ratings, amount of short payments, and other records.
- Analyzed call recording and found that calls were answered in less than 4 minutes; addressed sales leads that were left open until a meeting was scheduled with a company’s representative.
- Evaluated customer service records and began to identify trends.
- Identified ways to improve customer service and implemented them.
Field Investigator Resume Sample 5
- Spent 6 months of 12-hour shifts investigating probable fraud; developed and maintained leads to identify possible fraudulent activities or relationships.
- Performed investigative research on potential sellers and purchasers; served as a link between the field office, vendors for vendor analysis, and the regional office.
- Successfully identified fraudulent activities from individual consumers, businesses, and other entities.
- Identified buyers with suspicious financial activity; ensured that the information is presented to appropriate agency personnel for investigation.
- Developed business plans for new businesses; provided guidance in investments that are geared towards the increase of economic statistical information to support this endeavor.
Field Investigator Resume Sample 6
- Provided data for government grants related to funding for the homeless.
- Examined and assessed federal records for reports and subpoenas issued by the Committee on Government Reform, U.S. House of Representatives.
- Collected and examined newspaper publications, files from other agencies, and other public records. Conducted interviews, researched public records and information concerning civil litigation cases.
- Researched information in order to analyze federal court decisions that affected agency operations and interpret rules that affected hiring practices at all levels of government (DC Court of Appeals; DC Superior Court; District agencies).
- Researched information on legislative issues, reviewed proposed legislation and agency rules, and reported to the Office of the Inspector General.
Field Investigator Resume Sample 7
- Researched and wrote a proprietary software program for research in the oil, gas, and energy exploration industry.
- Wrote seven geology papers that were published in scientific journals; received two patents from the U.S. Patent Office for work relating to the use of proprietary technology for geothermal resources and oil/gas exploration; developed new methodologies for application to seismic data interpretation by applying derivative processing algorithms through FFT (Fast Fourier Transform).
- Presented three papers at professional seminars attended by other researchers, industry representatives, government officials, etc.; numerous presentations at local colleges enrolling students in non-degree programs; invited panelists at an international conference on alternative energy sources.
- Assisted in investigations of several oil/gas wells.
- Assisted with geophysical research in the Bahamas; participated in research on oil/gas exploration in Canada and Mexico.
Field Investigator Resume Sample 8
- Locates hard-to-find information for clients within a short period of time-based on client requests.
- Gained recognition for locating accurate information from government and business websites as requested by clients.
- Met client needs through effective communication skills and knowledge of how to track down hard-to-find information.
- Assigned by the supervisor to act as the subject matter expert for a particular industry, identified areas of interest relating to the industry, and recorded data in a report which was presented to the board of directors; recognized for outstanding performance.
- Accurately located information based on client requests; noticed trends in consumer and business information.
Field Investigator Resume Sample 9
- Conducted in-depth background checks on potential clients of the healthcare system; identified individuals with a history of substance abuse, theft, and dishonesty.
- Assessed patients’ situations to ensure that they received the best possible treatment; served as an advocate for families.
- Provided home-based services for families in crisis; facilitated difficult family situations.
- Researched information relevant to lawsuits against the healthcare system; ensured that claims had a foundation.
- Rewrote detailed case files to enhance readability; compiled information in accordance with new laws and regulations.
Field Investigator Resume Sample 10
- Researched individuals for long-term care insurance benefits. Required checking for detailed information in licensing, corporate transactions, bankruptcies, divorces, and credit reports.
- Evaluated the health records of patients applying for life insurance policies; developed feasible conclusions regarding whether a policy would be issued or not.
- Interviewed victims of personal injuries, to collect information about the accident for legal purposes.
- Met with employers and employees to gather facts and details pertaining to employment disputes. Gathered contracts, leases, and quotations from labor unions as well as personnel files and payroll records.
- Researched individuals for personal injury claims; should be able to work independently.
Field Investigator Resume Sample 11
- Completed assigned cases in a timely manner; used effective communication with clients to ensure that data was accurately documented.
- Provided leadership on a case of national scope; initiated a strategy that improved the efficiency and accuracy of the investigation process.
- Volunteered for additional assignments and successfully completed each project before the deadline.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills when providing assistance to clients, superiors and peers throughout my career; resolved complaints to the satisfaction of all parties involved.
- Awarded acknowledgment for professional excellence for outstanding job performance based on evaluation scores from peers, supervisors and customers.
To be successful in this job, a Field Investigator should have bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice, Forensic Science or similar field as well as a. investigative license from the state. A Filed Investigator should possess the following skills: attention to detail, interpersonal, communication, analysis, ability to travel, ability to work off-hours, organization, and interviewing.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.