A warehouse receiver works in a warehouse and receives items ordered and places them in specific areas of the warehouse. Duties include managing shipments, managing vendors, managing suppliers, reviewing invoices, using shipping software, training new staff, operating forklifts, and operating pallet jacks.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Warehouse Receiver Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Warehouse Receiver resumes for your reference.
Warehouse Receiver Resume Sample 1
- Received product packages to confirm shipment details before entering data into computer system, resolving discrepancies with carriers.
- Maintained warehouse levels by allocating stock space appropriately after verifying that orders met customer order specifications.
- Known for safe driving while transporting goods; recognized by supervisor for outstanding performance in maintaining accident-free operation.
- Awarded employee recognition during 3-year tenure for accuracy and speed while packing orders onto trucks using company forklift; frequently given overtime opportunities to meet deadlines.
- Recognized as an authorized signatory on the checking account; authorized individual other than owner of business to handle financial matters like deposits and withdrawals.
Warehouse Receiver Resume Sample 2
- Maintain productivity by inspecting, sorting, and moving materials in the warehouse.
- Reduced production time by 20% through improvements to receiving department practices.
- Reduced processing time for invoices by 50 minutes per day; recognized as an outstanding performer by supervisor.
- Trained new hire to improve order picker ergonomics; recognized by safety committee for outstanding safety performance.
- Accountable for accurate accessioning of 20 incoming shipments per day; maintained 99% accuracy rate during comprehensive records review.
Warehouse Receiver Resume Sample 3
- Received inventory to ensure accuracy, processed shipment paperwork for pick-up and delivery.
- Trained new receivers on methods of receiving goods by land, sea, and air containers.
- Achieved award for exceptional customer service.
- Developed systems that improved the receiving process in terms of efficiency and productivity.
- Spear-headed program for recycling cardboard boxes to supplement company’s bottom line via savings in paper usage.
Warehouse Receiver Resume Sample 4
- Improved warehouse performance by 30% after completing 20-hour OSHA forklift certification training.
- Optimized inventory control and reduced costs by 25% after assuming duties as a receiving coordinator.
- Exceeded company expectations, achieving first-year sales of $5 million with a staff of three employees, including myself.
- Redesigned warehouse layout into an automated flow system which reduces material handling time from 5 hours to 1 hour per day, resulting in a 60% increase in productivity.
- Advanced packaging knowledge from extensive study leading to invention of new packing materials which receive patent pending status from the U.S. Patent Office.
Warehouse Receiver Resume Sample 5
- Maintained a 98% accuracy rating, requiring only one error a month.
- Provided extraordinary customer service by ensuring all materials were received and shipped on time to customers in a friendly, accurate manner.
- Interacted with all levels of the organization from laborers to plant managers while handling sensitive material information.
- Developed process for new quality control plan that resulted in more efficient use of warehouse personnel resources.
- Spearheaded effort to reduce warranty parts from six months to 48 hours resulting in annual savings of $100,000.00 over three years.
Warehouse Receiver Resume Sample 6
- Verified and documented receipt of all incoming orders in the computer inventory system.
- Issued correct inventory to members of supply chain; maintained stock levels to prevent spoilage and loss.
- Increased productivity by 50% through oversight and motivation.
- Trained three new employees on proper warehouse practices resulting in a 35% increase in overall productivity.
- Managed negative profit margin percentage due to decrease in sales volume; decreased overhead cost by 12%.
Warehouse Receiver Resume Sample 7
- Verified, inspected, and released quality control standards on incoming materials.
- Exceeded the company’s productivity standards by maintaining a 100% pick accuracy rate for over two years.
- Promoted to Warehouse Supervisor after completing training course regarding warehouse procedures and safety practices; able to efficiently train new employees in these areas.
- Organized the systematization of record keeping for all inventory transactions, reducing lead time up to 48%.
- Received recognition award for outstanding performance in meeting daily projected output goals which resulted in significant contribution towards company’s annual sales goal.
Warehouse Receiver Resume Sample 8
- Handled incoming parts deliveries, verifying receipt against the purchase order.
- Managed parts inventory by keeping warehouse organized and up to date; established basic metrics for receiving, parts storage, and warehouse cycle count.
- Maintained accurate records by using Excel spreadsheet; reconciled discrepancies between inventory quantities and physical counts.
- Detected faulty equipment by calibrating scales weekly; streamlined process of confirming weights with automated counting system.
- Completed accreditation requirements in one month; received certification through SGS Group as PAS 55 Quality Assurance Standard Practitioner Level 1 (ISO 9001).
Warehouse Receiver Resume Sample 9
- Recognized by supervisors for consistently meeting productivity goals.
- Met with visitors and provided information on company products, services, locations, personnel, and business philosophy.
- Assisted the transfer of raw materials from vendors when necessary.
- Completed training courses in forklift safety, hazardous material safety, CPR/AED certification, standards for personal protective equipment.
- Provided support to other units in completing safety inspections by ensuring safety equipment was available during entire inspection process; earned commendation by supervisor in written review.
Warehouse Receiver Resume Sample 10
- Oversee finished good inventory in warehouse to ensure that proper levels were maintained; found discrepancies in the high-dollar items and worked with suppliers to correct irregularities.
- Received praise from management for my cooperation, efficiency, and team commitment during peak season.
- Achieved excellent performance review after completing work within 6 percent of quota; recognized by manager for hard work, motivation, and dedication.
- Oversee receiving, storing, packing, shipping of parts for company transmissions worldwide; performed duties in a timely manner while maintaining accuracy utilizing computerized inventory control system.
- Effectively handled difficult situations involving cash shortages or customer complaints ; resolved problems without involvement of management or loss of productivity.
Warehouse Receiver Resume Sample 11
- Received and checked in new shipments of materials.
- Achieved over 98% on-time delivery on all orders received.
- Monitored inventory levels and reordered products before running out.
- Faced diverse challenges, such as the reconciliation of several different systems, to fulfill customer needs for on-time deliveries while reducing costs.
- Recommended software solutions that improved warehouse operations and resulting savings for company by $10,000 per month.
Warehouse Receiver Resume Sample 12
- Handled incoming truck deliveries by verifying bills of lading, loading dock tickets, and purchase orders; maintained inventory records.
- Promoted to team lead; maintained departmental inventory records to include daily counts, cycle counts, finished goods inventories, work in process inventories, cycle counts (lot/serial number), and other control totals.
- Trained new employees on safety procedures for forklift operation and equipment use.
- Used knowledge of computer software applications to input processes into the warehouse management system GUARDIAN.
- Provided exceptional customer service by resolving discrepancies with suppliers or carriers in a timely manner.
A High School Diploma or equivalent and previous warehouse experience are required. Skills to be successful include familiarity with shipping management software, experience with Microsoft Office software, strong problem-solving skills, leadership skills, strong attention to detail, excellent oral communication skills, excellent written communication skills, and the ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.