A Tax Associate prepares tax returns and corresponding work papers. Their duties include compiling tax reconciliations, preparing financial statements, managing tax data, preparing tax projections at several points throughout the year, researching changing state and government laws to maintain compliance and resolving tax related discrepancies.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Tax Associate Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Tax Associate resumes for your reference.
Tax Associate Resume Sample 1
- Completed tax preparation for over 400 clients by assuring compliance with laws and regulations.
- Maintained the time-line of all external contacts; effectively coordinated schedules to accommodate multiple concurrent projects.
- Earned recognition as the high performer in customer service; excelled at responding to customers’ questions and addressing their concerns.
- Achieved award for meeting Customer Satisfaction Guidelines based on Customer Survey Ratings from customers who had utilized our services.
- Received outstanding quality award; compiled data relating to tax filings according to IRS guidelines.
Tax Associate Resume Sample 2
- Researched, drafted, and analyzed tax information.
- Helped increase company’s cash flow by reducing payroll taxes through correct withholding calculations.
- Answered employee questions on a variety of tax topics affecting common areas of daily life including income, property, and estate taxes.
- Trained new hires to accurately calculate FICA, Medicare wages for each employee based on individual circumstances.
- Maintained case file records by adding judgments from court rulings as well as correspondence with other government agencies to the files’ contents.
Tax Associate Resume Sample 3
- Maximized the company’s tax benefits by providing innovative and cost-cutting options for management.
- Reviewed and analyzed 1099 forms, W9s, and other correspondences; determined that the company was 100% compliant with IRS requirements related to Taxpayer Identification Numbers (TIN).
- Researched taxpayer data to uncover discrepancies between amounts reported on income tax returns and amounts reported by taxpayers on their Forms W9 for withholding taxes.
- Revitalized cross-departmental relationships through development of department flier; facilitated posting of weekly updates, employee handbook revisions, and an accord outlining employees’ responsibilities in fulfilling necessary documentation prior to performing audits.
- Established an employee training manual; provided training to new employees on the company’s policies and procedures.
Tax Associate Resume Sample 4
- Prepared and filed federal, state, and local tax returns for a variety of personal and business entities.
- Provided customer service to both external and internal customers through phone conversations, email responses, and filing assistance.
- Resolved numerous discrepancies resulting from tentative carryforward losses with the IRS by negotiating over $20 million in additional deductions.
- Outstanding performer recognized as a Supervisor’s Award recipient for handling multiple responsibilities relating to tax filings.
- Recognized as an outstanding member of the accounting department after resolving a corporate excise tax/IRS issue saving $110,000 annually.
Tax Associate Resume Sample 5
- Worked with the IRS to audit businesses for tax returns, W-2s, and 1099s.
- Completed audits within 3 weeks or less depending upon how quickly individuals could supply requested documents.
- Audited up to 250 companies per year averaging 6 hours each; completed over 700 audits in total.
- Demonstrated exceptional skills by conducting audits via phone calls only without visiting sites of operations even once during entire career.
- Handled difficult clients including initial rejections who later called back requesting assistance due to pleasant interactions.
Tax Associate Resume Sample 6
- Maintained client information by updating address, phone number, new forms received, etc.
- Reviewed client account balances to prepare financial statements for the client.
- Resolved a discrepancy of $16 million with no financial gain for the company.
- Formulated and reviewed tax projections by performing audits on source deduction remittances from various levels of government.
- Recommended reallocation of funds from existing operations to build an addition onto a manufacturing plant that increased productivity and strengthened local economy.
Tax Associate Resume Sample 7
- Manage client accounts, providing answers to tax questions, communicating adjustments of answers with audits of returns.
- Ensure that data is reliable and accurate by examining information for anomalies then resolving discrepancies.
- Verify customer’s personal income, business activities then prepared tax return; represented the company in good light when dealing with disgruntled customers over taxes or issues related to accounting practices.
- Transferred legal documents with signatures using specialized equipment; processed hundreds of applications for various licenses.
- Obtained codes from system then studied data to determine which information is relevant; consistently revised tax codes as a result of changes in the Internal Revenue Code.
Tax Associate Resume Sample 8
- Accurately and in a timely manner, reviewed and analyzed complex tax returns.
- Completed 3710 hours in preparing, reviewing and analyzing one company’s tax returns during senior-level internship at Accounting Firm.
- Mentored two junior-level employees during the 2010 tax season; trained them on federal tax codes for businesses when there was an overwhelming workload.
- Carefully planned intricate detailed schedules to ensure the timely completion of the assigned work. Met with Company President to resolve budget cost increases. Established intra-office communication between four departments.
- Experienced outstanding growth opportunities by participating in departmental meetings, communicating effectively across multiple levels of management, contributing to strategic planning initiatives and presenting professionally in front of upper management.
Tax Associate Resume Sample 9
- Researching tax code, planning, and compliance for structured finance clients’ leveraged lease transactions.
- Spoke at regional CPA conference on recent changes in the leasing industry.
- Managed the preparation of over 200 separate federal, state, local returns for partnerships, also handled all audit issues.
- Gained experience working with foreign financial institutions through international tax coordination projects.
- Achieved success in annual tax training program achieving 100% evaluation score after completing all course requirements within required time frame.
Tax Associate Resume Sample 10
- Assisted in the preparation of corporate tax returns, partnership and trust annual fiduciary income statements.
- Manage a caseload averaging thirty-two active relationships with an average fee per item of $3,000 or more.
- Improve customer service by answering 95 percent of calls within two minutes; exceeded the firm’s 80 percent call handling standard.
- Enjoyed assignment as team leader for new hires conducting general accounting training on computer applications including QuickBooks.
- Achieved top status as advanced Microsoft Excel guru among co-workers; demonstrated ability to calculate taxes with up to 400 schedules in one workbook.
Tax Associate Resume Sample 11
- Handled over 300 transactions within revenue code, including amended returns, IRA distributions, deductions for medical expenses, accelerated depreciation methods.
- Familiar with labor regulations involving unemployment compensation claims and wage garnishments.
- Trained new employees on daily tasks while also achieving high productivity rates in the junior staffs’ absence.
- Produced financial reports to meet tax requirements while managing work load efficiently during heavy season.
- Implemented monthly invoicing procedures to ensure proper management of accounts receivable; resolved discrepancies caused by late payments.
Tax Associate Resume Sample 12
- Provided professional advice and guidance on how to maximize tax benefits for our clients.
- Prepared annual gross receipts, payroll, marketplace operations, excise taxes, value added taxes (VATs), and income tax returns.
- Maintained an excellent working relationship with accountant colleagues through teamwork.
- Accurately calculated depreciation of equipment using the double-declining method over time periods of 5 to 20 years.
- Worked with clients to meet their goals; increased revenue by 10% within first quarter of employment.
To work as a Tax Associate you must possess a Bachelor’s degree. To be successful as a Tax Associate you must be detail oriented, think strategically, possess computer skills, have strong problem-solving skills, the ability to quickly adapt to changes, be willing to conduct extensive research and remain up to date on changing regulations.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.