A surgical coordinator performs administrative and clerical tasks in a surgeon’s office. A surgical coordinator’s responsibilities include patient intake, preparing patients for surgery, ordering medicine, ordering supplies, scheduling, and collecting payments.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Surgical Coordinator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Surgical Coordinator resumes for your reference.
Surgical Coordinator Resume Sample 1
- Conduct surgical procedures with minimal complications.
- Help patients to complete financial arrangements, book necessary appointments, and schedule regularly monthly diagnostic testing.
- Maintain a clean work area in the operating room and monitor equipment for safety and efficiency.
- Maintain a safe environment by following AMA safety guidelines for universal and standard precautions; reported all incidents and accidents.
- Assisted patients by controlling recovery room flow to best fulfill patient requests for food, drink, phone calls, etc.
Surgical Coordinator Resume Sample 2
- Managed patient flow for surgical cases, as well as maintained appropriate inventory of necessary equipment.
- Provided clinical and clerical support for ten surgeons at a time during complex procedures.
- Oversaw operating room activity to ensure all assigned tasks were performed within the allotted time frame.
- Met productivity and revenue goals by processing accounts and obtaining payments quickly.
- Gained full understanding of facility’s billing and insurance verification practices.
Surgical Coordinator Resume Sample 3
- Maintained efficiency within department by coordinating nursing schedules.
- Implemented new updates to prevent system glitches; improved paper flow throughout the operating room; reduced errors in documentation.
- Provided detailed narratives of progress notes for physicians during morning rounds via telephone; assisted with surgical filling and accessioning involving all specialties.
- Awarded Employee of the Month for exceptional customer service; successfully coordinated surgeries for high-profile patients and their families.
- Presented at several in-services on surgical coordination best practices; educated and mentored new staff members on surgical procedures and expectations.
Surgical Coordinator Resume Sample 4
- Successfully recruited and hired over 25 nursing staff members.
- Improved the five week surgical schedule from 120 surgeries per week to 150 surgeries.
- Doubled the patient census work flow by implementing procedures that significantly improved documentation and precision of patient and surgical information.
- Promoted from Staff Nurse to Surgical Coordinator within two years of being hired as a Staff Nurse.
- Received the DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nurses – one of only two nurses in the facility to receive this award in a five year period.
Surgical Coordinator Resume Sample 5
- Demonstrated superb customer service skills as the primary contact for patients undergoing surgery.
- Coordinated surgeries, managed schedules, and ensured all surgical equipment was accounted for and in proper working order.
- Answered patients’ questions and prepared them for their procedures.
- Received commendation from hospital administration for exemplary customer service.
- Demonstrated an unwavering commitment to patient safety and satisfaction.
Surgical Coordinator Resume Sample 6
- Demonstrated exceptional organization and prioritization skills as the surgical coordinator for a prominent hospital system in a metropolitan area.
- Successfully managed and coordinated all aspects of surgery scheduling including pre-operative, intra-operative, and post-operative care.
- Proactively addressed potential conflicts and issues to ensure surgeries ran smoothly and efficiently.
- Earned a reputation as a go-getter and problem solver; frequently received high marks from surgeons for outstanding customer service.
- Demonstrated an unwavering commitment to patient safety and satisfaction; often went above and beyond the call of duty to ensure patients had a positive experience.
Surgical Coordinator Resume Sample 7
- Analyzed financial review, identified trends and risks, provided solutions to management.
- Coordinated completion of surgical cases by scheduling postoperative-care unit discharges and surgical cases.
- Pioneered new working relationship with medical staff for improved patient care, reduced turnover time from the OR, and increased nursing satisfaction scores.
- Streamlined communication by developing and implementing surgical coordination flowchart to be used as a model for other areas of the hospital.
- Was responsible for creating, editing, anddistributing the OR newsletter which included departmental updates, educational information and human interest stories.
Surgical Coordinator Resume Sample 8
- Coordinated and directed the flow of supplies throughout the operating room.
- Trained new employees on medical surgical policies and procedures; recognized by doctors and peers for attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Provided clerical support, including filing, faxing, copying, and typing; redesigned the filing system to be more efficient.
- Achieved annual production standards of $200,000 by applying effective time management and organizational skills; recognized by supervisor for professionalism and dedication.
- Pioneered implementation of an e-mail directory; introduced new software program that saved 8 hours per week in filing and retrieval.
Surgical Coordinator Resume Sample 9
- Successfully planned, scheduled, and coordinated surgeries for the hospital.
- Developed an efficient system for tracking surgeries and preparing documentation.
- Coordinated with surgeons, nurses, and other staff to ensure that surgeries ran smoothly.
- Received recognition from the hospital administration for outstanding work.
- Played a key role in helping the hospital to achieve its goal of becoming a surgery center of excellence.
Surgical Coordinator Resume Sample 10
- Successfully managed surgical schedule for five surgeons; maintained daily productivity logs.
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service skills; frequently interacted with patients and families to answer questions and provide support.
- Coordinated all aspects of surgery, pre-operative through post-operative; ensured timely communication between surgical team members.
- Maximized surgical space usage; streamlined equipment and instrumentation for optimal patient flow.
- Efficiently managed all administrative activities to meet compliance guidelines, oversaw surgical time sheet program, tracked timesheet approvals.
Surgical Coordinator Resume Sample 11
- Successfully coordinated surgical schedules for a minimally invasive surgery department, ensuring all procedures were completed in a timely manner while meeting the needs of the surgeons and patients.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills by handling patient inquiries and complaints in a professional and timely manner.
- Proven ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines by distributing patient information, updating computer records, and responding to daily telephone inquiries.
- Achieved excellence in medical education by completing coursework for Surgical First Assistant Certification.
- Demonstrated dynamic leadership abilities as an elected member of the hospital’s quality committee responsible for implementing departmental updates and changes.
Surgical Coordinator Resume Sample 12
- Coordinated with surgical insurance companies to pre-certify patients’ surgery costs.
- Supervised three nurses, nine desk clerical staff, and one radiology technician during high-volume patient seasons.
- Orchestrated with consulting surgeon’s support personnel in preparation for all surgeries by maintaining an environment of cleanliness and service after-hours.
- Introduced new policies resulting in improved metrics such as average processing time for pre-certs, 12% increase of admissions, and 90% return patients rate.
- Assisted the director by maintaining daily operations when department was short staffed; effectively completed all tasks assigned during staff meetings.
Surgical Coordinator Resume Sample 13
- Demonstrated superb customer service skills in managing surgical schedule changes and providing support to surgeons, anesthesiologists, nurses, and patients.
- Proven ability to effectively handle difficult situations and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining a high level of professionalism.
- Demonstrated exceptional problem solving skills in managing surgical schedule changes and providing support to surgeons, anesthesiologists, nurses, and patients.
- Exhibited strong leadership skills in training and mentoring new staff members.
- Received numerous awards for outstanding customer service.
To become a surgical coordinator, at least an associate’s degree in nursing is preferred. A surgical coordinator must have excellent time management skills, must have excellent interpersonal skills, must have excellent communication skills, must be able to work in a team, must have excellent organizational skills, must have empathy, and must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.