Freelance Production Assistants contract for temporary work with broadcasting and production companies during filming and other times of need by handling a variety of small tasks based on need. Their duties vary greatly but may include gathering and delivery of equipment and supplies, delivery of messages and phone work, typing and administrative work, arrangements for meals and transportation for actors and production staff, and general office work.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Freelance Production Assistant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Freelance Production Assistant resumes for your reference.
Freelance Production Assistant Resume Sample 1
- Developed an understanding of digital video equipment, software applications, and workflow.
- Provided assistance to the production coordinator by organizing scripts for auditioning actors, overseeing auditions, arranging call times, making phone calls between actors and casting directors.
- Collaborated with artists’ management teams in scheduling rehearsals while assisting in technical aspects of show including securing necessary venues and equipment.
- Effectively communicated with customers via telephone calls/emails to resolve problems while servicing customer requests in a timely manner.
- Handled daily operations for Gallery One Eleven art gallery during relocation from downtown museum district to Midtown West neighborhood.
Freelance Production Assistant Resume Sample 2
- Cast and organized actors and extras for production of film celebrating the city’s history.
- Managed talent contracts, negotiated rates and fees, issued payments to cast members in a timely fashion.
- Collaborated with receiving department to ensure the timely delivery of materials during filming.
- Provided tech support to set up equipment, ensured smooth tech flow between scenes, troubleshooted tech problems when they arose.
- Received excellent reviews for service after successfully locating misplaced bag containing all employee’s IDs, wallets, keys, phone cards etc…
Freelance Production Assistant Resume Sample 3
- Proficiently wrote and edited press releases, news stories, and feature copy in a variety of styles and voices including hard news and promotional material for business clients.
- Managed five staff members in the production of up to 250 pieces of print media per month; effectively led team through process of writing, designing, proofreading, producing, paginating; trained new employees.
- Managed all stages of comic book production from pencils to lettering; cross-referenced word balloons with panel layouts and sound effects.
- Assisted project administrator with scheduling printing jobs before submission deadline; identified printer complications promptly to ensure we could deliver superior product on time.
- Acted as liaison between printer and client; resolved problems in a professional and timely manner to ensure we could deliver superior product on time.
Freelance Production Assistant Resume Sample 4
- Manage, proofread, and distribute press releases for clients.
- Assisted with the planning of events turning them into money makers.
- Augmented office staff by performing open-to-buy analysis for printing companies in order to save at least $5 million.
- Competently organized audiovisual files for over 200 people throughout two years of service.
- Supervised daily operations of a non-profit organization during 2010 Haiti earthquake crisis in Port Au Prince.
Freelance Production Assistant Resume Sample 5
- Secured interviews through appropriate networking with media producers.
- Assisted full production crews on studio sets for sketches, shoots, and live television tapings of various shows.
- Performed daily office duties including filing, faxing, photocopying, preparing mailings, entering data into CRM software system.
- Distributed media equipment to crew members being sent out by the production manager.
- Improved office organization by creating departmental charts and division of labor plans.
Freelance Production Assistant Resume Sample 6
- Attended conferences, produced promotional materials to increase attendance; trained on-site volunteers.
- Collaborated with staff to prepare press kits for upcoming films; updated web site and social media to reflect fresh information.
- Researched film festivals for entry submission opportunities; developed reports on films’ viability after analysis of script content and production quality.
- Accomplished film marketing tasks including coordination of national release tours at independent theaters.
- Recruited celebrities for premiere showings, overcoming difficulties sourcing talent requirements due to budget restrictions.
Freelance Production Assistant Resume Sample 7
- Managed the day-to-day operations of a production office for Emmy and CableACE Award winning television shows.
- Performed clerical duties, including typing, faxing, mailing, filing, scanning/emailing documents and running errands.
- Provided advanced administrative support by performing specialized research using web resources on topics relating to specific orders from Departments E & F.
- Attained proficiency in handling customer service requests with resolution within 24 hours through communication with customers via telephone or email.
- Improved communication functions by incorporating Tivoli software into daily functions that allowed remote access over the Internet for over 300 employees globally.
Freelance Production Assistant Resume Sample 8
- Provided high quality support to the freelance production company across numerous projects; recognized for demonstrating superior project management, time management, and organizational skills.
- Spearheaded an event-planning team on a volunteer basis; successfully executed three annual fundraisers for local children’s charity.
- Achieved excellent performance goal of “Starting new records daily” with ability to track, record, process scores of producing requests within two weeks.
- Expanded knowledge base by attending seminars & training courses on production coordination (teamwork), industry standard software (Hollywood)’s IMDbPro (Internet Movie Database), Google Analytics, HTML coding language.
- Received 10/10 evaluation from Production Manager after successfully completing self-initiated office organization project.
Freelance Production Assistant Resume Sample 9
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, Adobe Creative Cloud, and Final Cut Pro.
- Adept at working under short deadlines; produced a ten minute film within 24 hours of assignment.
- Managed customer relations via email during entire business day; provided friendly and efficient service to international clientele base.
- Demonstrated exceptional multitasking ability while processing multiple projects simultaneously; maintained outstanding verbal and written communication throughout workflow process.
- Participated in the production process from beginning to end; worked with actors and studio executives on set of motion picture motion picture (latest Hollywood celebrity phenomenon).
Freelance Production Assistant Resume Sample 10
- Assembled and organized materials on a film set for two months, on location in Alaska.
- Completed administrative tasks including filing, faxing, emailing documents; developed office systems.
- Provided information to crew members and visitors about transportation options and local attractions; assisted with diverting traffic flow while assisting with parking lot logistics.
- Assisted cast and crew while performing personal errands such as putting gas in vehicles or picking up lunch during breaks from filming.
- Submitted documentation of production expenditures incurred during the course of an independent film’s production for reimbursement purposes.
Freelance Production Assistant Resume Sample 11
- Secured a production assistant position on a network television show; quickly established credibility with the studio and legal teams through thorough research.
- Achieved recognition for accuracy after decreasing weekly call volume by one third over project duration.
- Improved efficiency of the post-production department when I coordinated daily tasks, organized files, tracked down footage, distributed scripts to actors’ trailers, transported materials between sets and studios, and performed other miscellaneous duties in accordance with production staff requests.
- Ceremoniously accepted the Emmy Award in the name of director David Chase for Best Drama Series Television Show .
- Earned admiration for reliability when I accumulated 96 hours in three consecutive weeks during initial months of employment.
Freelance Production Assistant Resume Sample 12
- Coordinated with video team for editorial calendar, schedule shoots, crew hires, location scouting.
- Worked on independent films to assist talent in preparation for public speaking engagements.
- Routed equipment and coordinated transport between several locations during the filming of an award-winning feature.
- Assisted with video editing process by preparing footage according to client specifications.
- Promoted to hiring manager as freelance production assistant; hired five staff members including editors, managers, and photographers.
To work as a Freelance Production Assistants you need enthusiasm and energy, there are no specific educational requirements though generally a person going to school to work in the broadcasting industry are sought. Freelance Production Assistants must demonstrate some technical skills, able to work long and odd hours, attention to detail, high level of writing and verbal communication, flexible, sales oriented, self motivated, and deadline focused.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Freelance Production Assistant Resume Samples
- Freelance Production Assistant Resume Sample 1
- Freelance Production Assistant Resume Sample 2
- Freelance Production Assistant Resume Sample 3
- Freelance Production Assistant Resume Sample 4
- Freelance Production Assistant Resume Sample 5
- Freelance Production Assistant Resume Sample 6
- Freelance Production Assistant Resume Sample 7
- Freelance Production Assistant Resume Sample 8
- Freelance Production Assistant Resume Sample 9
- Freelance Production Assistant Resume Sample 10
- Freelance Production Assistant Resume Sample 11
- Freelance Production Assistant Resume Sample 12
- Wrap Up