A disability case manager determines the physical and mental needs of clients. A disability case manager’s responsibilities include developing treatment plans, assessing clients, familiarizing health records of clients, understanding the needs of clients, allocating resources, and performing administrative tasks.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Disability Case Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Disability Case Manager resumes for your reference.
Disability Case Manager Resume Sample 1
- Assisted and encouraged mentally ill to become productive members of society.
- Developed creative programming for mental centers in order to assist the disabled in achieving a higher quality of life.
- Received commendation from representatives from state and county government for providing care that exceeded expectations.
- Certified as a psychiatric rehabilitation specialist after completing required coursework in vocational skills, core competencies, self-help programs, medication administration, legal rights, discharge planning and community resources.
- Fulfilled duties as a team member by collaborating with others toward meeting the goal of a positive discharge experience for all patients within a designated time period.
Disability Case Manager Resume Sample 2
- Facilitated return to work for over 100 employees with a variety of disabling conditions.
- Adhered to company policies and procedures for benefit administration, claims processing, and appeals management. Processed all claim documents according to proper protocol at the state level.
- Developed database system from start-to-finish from documentation from disabled individuals in order to provide disability income benefits.
- Provided quality customer service within ethical guidelines while interacting with insurance companies, government agencies, employers, and other third party groups.
- Achieved new levels of success after creating a virtual office that allowed co-workers to communicate effectively through a variety of electronic formats by offering convenience during the workday.
Disability Case Manager Resume Sample 3
- Worked with individuals to obtain services from the Los Angeles County Department of Developmental Services after having been discharged from a state mental health facility.
- Collaborated with individuals to transition from one level of care to another, which included getting them back into the community and maintaining their independence.
- Met personal needs by providing assistance in areas ranging from daily routines to crisis intervention.
- Helped a client locate living arrangements, access necessary resources, secure benefits, and maintain housing stability for two years.
- Made referrals for other needed service support including case management, social security advocacy, vocational rehabilitation, education support services and medical treatment as an advocate for individual rights as a person with.
Disability Case Manager Resume Sample 4
- Worked with client to determine an appropriate vocational goal.
- Facilitated client’s return-to-work by developing job coaching plan, refining interview skills, practice interviewing, and updating resume.
- Identified employer needs related to necessary accommodations for the client.
- Coordinated services with counselor to address concerns about employment history gaps or negative reactions from employers because of clients’ disabilities.
- Redirected client’s energy for motivation during times of depression about lack of work experience.
Disability Case Manager Resume Sample 5
- Reduced significantly the number of wrongful termination cases by exploring alternative explanations for symptoms.
- Provided exemplary customer service to customers that resulted in positive feedback from customers, physicians, and supervisors.
- Developed processes associated with patient contact documentation, filing system for records storage, telephone protocol, database entry procedures, and return mail procedures.
- Earned recognition as a top Certified Case Manager finalist; developed an innovative case management program involving field outreach surveys.
- Promoted expansion of services provided to disabled people through grant funding resulting in additional 50% increase in staffing levels at state level agency office.
Disability Case Manager Resume Sample 6
- Ensure appropriate paperwork is filed with the state regarding clients’ entitlements.
- Provide service to all clients with full consideration of their human rights, cultural background, individual needs, and preferences.
- Helped client with mental disability by advising on next steps needed for independence after reintegration into community living center.
- Explained step-by-step process of applying for benefits that included initial application forms, disclosure requirements, documentation requirements, and time frames.
- Assisted clients in compiling paperwork during home visits to ensure accuracy before submission.
Disability Case Manager Resume Sample 7
- Oversaw a caseload of employee claims to determine eligibility for benefits.
- Recognized by the chief operating officer for my excellent interpersonal and communication skills while working with hospital personnel, physicians, patients, and their families.
- Forecasted denial rates for up to five insurance companies using Tennessee’s twelve months of actual claims data resulting in improved analytic techniques and enhanced status reports.
- Revitalized clinical procedures resulting in increased productivity and decreased census while implementing new cost-containment measures that reduced medical costs while maintaining quality care for patients.
- Maintained up-to-date knowledge on new coverage guidelines and managed soft tissue disorder claims more efficiently than the soft tissue manager who had ten years of experience.
Disability Case Manager Resume Sample 8
- Provided exemplary customer service to families and clients before, during and after their tragic disability.
- Reached out to clients with special events such as picnics, theatre outings, and an annual Christmas party for senior citizens.
- Processed new applications on time; met monthly goals for number of cases resolved and benefits awarded.
- Presented training class to staff regarding handling of client case files according to federal government guidelines on privacy rights and recordkeeping requirements.
- Recognized by the mayor as a community hero; assisted at least ten disabled residents become qualified for home-based help from the state agency of social services.
Disability Case Manager Resume Sample 9
- Maintained federal recordkeeping guidelines by properly completing required forms and documentation.
- Provided assistance to my clients in receiving service coordination and support for their disabilities through the Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD).
- Worked with families and providers to develop Individualized Family Service Plans (IFSP) and Individualized Education Program (IEP) for over 100 children under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA).
- Carried out home visits, family assessments, parental training, day habilitation services, etc., as needed to meet the needs of over 35 individuals who were experiencing developmental delays.
- Facilitated independent living skills classes for seniors with disabilities to teach skills, which included independent living and money management, transportation options, communication and disclosure.
Disability Case Manager Resume Sample 10
- Assist disabled adult and child with healthcare, social security benefits, food stamps, housing assistance requests.
- Communicated effectively with case supervisor to ensure an effective plan of action for each client’s needs was met on time.
- Reviewed client medical records to determine eligibility for benefits; motivated clients towards improved health conditions.
- Grandfather clause establishment.Documented evidence for treatment options exceeding the scope of technicians’ qualification range.
- Assisted clients in planning their estate by executing durable powers of attorney and revocable living wills; included all assets including burial cost requests.
Disability Case Manager Resume Sample 11
- Approved applications for supplemental income to more than 250 people with chronic illness or physical disability, in addition to fully managing the case flow.
- Trained staff on effective communication techniques to ensure that all clients’ needs are being met in a timely manner.
- Oversaw management of over $5M federal dollars, ensuring that expenditures were in compliance with federal guidelines and monitored total cost effectiveness.
- Created new policies and procedures that resulted in savings of $15K in hospital charges per month.
- Created working group among multiple agency divisions resulting in improved client service while still meeting all government regulations.
To be a disability case manager, a bachelor’s degree in social work or a related field is required. A disability case manager must be empathetic, must have excellent interpersonal skills, must have excellent communication skills, must have excellent time management skills, must have excellent organizational skills, must be engaging, and must enjoy helping others.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.