These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Nurse Educator resumes for your reference.
- Making a profound impact on the lives of people, with medical and social health issues.
- Effectively motivate and support individuals in pursuing behavior and lifestyle modifications that improve health status and quality of life.
- Identifies patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand care requirements.
- Conduct initial outreach to patients, comprehensive screening activities including health status, health risks and social needs factors to identify and address language, cultural, and other barriers associated with access to care and self-management.
- Mentor and train various hospital staff and units including the coordinator of the Vizient/American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) nurse residency program, general medical/surgical unit, surgical cardiovascular unit, and ambulatory clinics.
- Efficiently coordinate the Vizient/AACN Nurse Residency Program in conjunction with nursing leadership to successfully on-board and engage between 200-300 new to practice nurses each year.
- Create and maintain dashboards and annual action plans which assist in the review and analyzing of institutional and national program data of the Vizient/AACN Nurse Residency Program.
- Implemented strategies to engage nursing leadership in the program, which led to an 8% increase on annual survey of the leaderships’ view of the impact of the nurse residency program on their unit.
- Plan and coordinate educational needs of staff of a long/short term dialysis facility .
- Orientation and training of licensed nursing and non-nursing staff of the 87 bed nursing rehab and dialysis facility.
- Assessing staff performance by continuous monitoring of skill level and competencies.
- Responsible for maintaining infection free environment, by performing daily and monthlly surveillance and reporting of infections among residents and staff.
- Meet privately with diverse clients including those with mental health, substance abuse, and domestic violence problems.
- Counsel and educate them about physical and mental health specifically to encourage healthy behavior so as not to abuse food and other substances.
- Organizes weekly interdisciplinary meetings, assist RN clinical coordinator to review monthly nursing visit notes and supervises all staffing.
- Provide nursing education to registered professional nurses in the areas of evidence based practices in psychiatric mental health nursing, leadership, ethics, and legal aspects of providing nursing care.
- Provide orientation to new nursing staff and assess skills of current nursing staff who have been determined to require remediation/coaching to improve performance.
- Create curriculums on various subjects to be taught in this setting.
- Functions within the roles of educator, facilitator, change agent, consultant, researcher and leader.
- Responsible for assessment, planning, development, implementation and evaluation of educational programs that enhance performance, promote professional development or otherwise support the mission and vision of the Department of Nursing (DON).
- Responsibilities included classroom and clinical teaching in the UHC/AACN Nurse Residency program.
- Conducted classroom, skills lab, and clinical instruction to students in university-level Practical Nurse program.
- Specialized in diabetes instruction and insulin pumping to students in my classes as well as those of other faculty.
- Served as SME (Subject Matter Expert) for Mental Health courses.
- Taught American Red Cross Professional Rescuer CPR/AED training to both students and faculty.
- Coordinate and facilitate the connection between patients and program-approved resources.
- Provide educational training o patients on specific disease states and assigned medication.
- Provide patient focused education to promote behavioral change for the empowerment of patients to improve specific treatment compliance.
- Develops and coordinates education plans related to initial and ongoing competency validation.
- Plans, prepares and maintains materials for use in education for accuracy and relevance to the target audience.
- Supports staff development with educational activites (which include certification, mentoring, basic life support, JCAHO requirements, product roll-outs, etc.
- Serves as an educational consultant to facilities, task forces, committees, and projects relating to policy, procedure and program development.
- Coordinate and implement the Nursing Education Program at Richmond State Supported Living Center.
- Work under limited supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Supervise, teach, and monitor nursing techniques and procedures of: health care laws and regulations; medical diagnoses and procedures; accepted medical treatment patterns; community health and nursing care principles, practices, and procedures; program regulations and procedures; and utilization review and control measures.
- Proficiently conduct physical assessment and provide medical and dietary instructions to all patients enrolled in the company’s weight loss and weight management programs.
- Maintain constant coordination with the Medical Team and the other team members in rendering therapeutic and proactive support with all patients, including individuals with multiple chronic diseases and extremely overweight or obese conditions.
- Took part in spearheading and implementing numerous marketing programs and events throughout the Fort Worth area, including luncheon learning sessions and community health fairs.
- Coordinated new nurse orientation classes per evidenced based practice. Plan, evaluate, and revise curricula, course content, course materials, and methods of instruction.
- Coordinated annual competency assessment of clinical staff to meet Joint Commission requirements.
- Supported nursing units providing patient care as needed.