Recreation Coordinators ensure that people enjoy sports, fitness, and leisure facilities to the fullest extent.Their duties consist of scheduling and organizing activities,monitoring large events, conducting fitness or hobby classes, coordinating site and instruction needs, Compiling feedback and metrics and understanding needs and identifying future goals.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Recreation Coordinator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Recreation Coordinator resumes for your reference.
Recreation Coordinator Resume Sample 1
- Adopted an innovative and creative approach to recreational programming. Started a revolving art program, which featured different art classes throughout the week. Developed monthly social events to help enhance department activities and build relationships with the community.
- Accomplished organizational goals set by supervisor in a timely manner; collaborated with employee volunteers making it possible for many individuals not born in America to have the opportunity to engage in cultural enrichment programs.
- Achieved outstanding performance award for meeting quarterly service and goals during the first year of employment at the organization.
- Accomplished specific business objectives, including putting in place new techniques that would enhance service while minimizing overhead costs and enhancing productivity throughout the organization.
- Collaborated with team members and delivered exceptional customer service to external and internal customers; served as liaison between department, organization, and community.
Recreation Coordinator Resume Sample 2
- Co-lead the creative team that developed an original logo design for our on-campus cafe.
- Developed an online database to record information about class participants as well as provide links to course materials.
- Teamed up with IT specialist and our coach to create a web site that showcased our recreation programs, schedules and faculty/staff bios for all to see! Built upon the banner concept, making links consistent throughout entire website.
Recreation Coordinator Resume Sample 3
- Successfully completed all tasks including the hiring of new staff, scheduling of events and workshops, planning of office supplies and other operating expenses.
- Achieved award for outstanding customer service; effectively addressed the needs and concerns of customers while adhering to banks’ guidelines regarding authentication, disclosure, and customer service.
- Achieved award for outstanding quality; proficiently researched, prepared for publication items, edited articles that were originally submitted in an electronic format.
- Achieved award for outstanding community involvement; successfully scheduled speakers for various events including the Winter Olympics in Sochi Russia.
- Received outstanding aerial tour award; photographed sites not accessible by vehicles and staged them accordingly.
Recreation Coordinator Resume Sample 4
- Introduced a new youth program with the City of Chula Vista called, “Explore Your Future” for Scouts at Camping World, which was presented by their new Director.
- Designed, produced and staged the annual musical; “A VERY GRAND TOUR”.
- Organized and directed student field trips to locations such as Petco Park, San Diego Zoo, and California Science Center.
- Initiated the Toonfest Parade.
- Served on Advisory Board for the school’s Afterschool Club.
Recreation Coordinator Resume Sample 5
- Organized a group of 8 volunteers to create a fun and creative basketball program for teens; coached and trained athletes on team development.
- Handled difficult situations with children and adults in a professional manner through consultation with their parents; fostered a positive relationship between parents, teens, and the Recreation Coordinator.
- Recruited new volunteers on an ongoing basis to assist in program activities; initiated weekly meetings for volunteers.
- Incorporated original themes into programs to increase interest among youth; developed new ideas for program activities.
- Wrote four articles for publication in the city newspaper to gain exposure for the program’s achievements.
Recreation Coordinator Resume Sample 6
- Designed and organized bus transportation, food service, and emergency response plans for the summer camp program.
- Organized crowd control through marshalling at annual concerts, large parades, and proms for over 4,000 attendees.
- Maintained a clean and safe environment with a focus on safety rules in the kitchen and restrooms.
- Demonstrated expertise in promotional material design, event planning, message production, letterhead design and development.
- Recognized by public officials for exceptional performance of duties; received excellent customer satisfaction ratings from customers who had applied for a loan.
Recreation Coordinator Resume Sample 7
- Project Manager for Conservatory Greenway Project, developed positive rapport with committee members and fellow Project Managers for successful outcome.
- Promoted creativity through the development of a poetry workshop series; prompted the involvement of over 20 poets and the participation of over 100 students in the city.
- Co-organized Art Fest 2010 with “A Night in Paris” theme; exhibited more than 100 pieces of art including photography, jewelry and paintings on loan from world-renowned galleries.
- Facilitated workshops to provide vision enhancement training to elementary school students interested in drawing/painting, creating a portfolio and submitting it to a museum for review.
- Spoke to over 7,000 school children; prepared presentation for community outreach presentation.
Recreation Coordinator Resume Sample 8
- Highly organized; effectively implemented and managed a large budget and attended to 4,600 projects.
- Communicated with parents, students, and staff about their child’s progress.
- Achieved the highest rating for keeping in touch with teachers on a routine basis; provided an important resource for untenured teachers who had limited experience in handling large-scale projects.
- Performed administrative tasks such as managing class lists, pre- and post-class tasks, parent/teacher conferences, field trips and day camps.
- Performed special projects as requested; supervised refill crews of 20 or less employees.
Recreation Coordinator Resume Sample 9
- Scheduled and directed activities, programs, camps, and events in all areas of the organization, including the management of staff and volunteers.
- Scheduled and set up special events for all holiday seasons.
- Co-created projects sponsored by corporate with local school, youth groups and youth organizations.
- Actively involved in developing staff recognition programs; developed a sponsorship program that provided recognition to staff members that volunteered at least 100 hours of volunteer time.
- Organized annual holiday gift box program, in cooperation with other departments supporting all areas of organization’s operations.
Recreation Coordinator Resume Sample 10
- Increased attendance at cultural arts/media event by 20% over previous year. Effectively promoted the event through online channels and social media to increase awareness of the events, stimulate interest in and ticket sales for the events.
- Actively researched and implemented new strategies to enhance the customer experience at the facility.
- Increased efficiency of facility operations while reducing operational costs. Reduced [X] hours of staffing at a considerable cost savings.
- Streamlined and coordinated marketing departments, providing a more holistic approach to customer promotion/marketing efforts resulting in increased media coverage that generated higher attendance to events along with higher sales revenue on event day.
- Re-engineered lighting design to improve the guest experience, reduce energy use and increase operational hours at the facility. This project was awarded State of [X] Energy Star award for reducing energy consumption in X% and a [X] award for Water conservation/Green facility.
Recreation Coordinator Resume Sample 11
- Taught weekend recreation classes and monthly creative writing classes.
- Worked with camp counselors, parents, and campers to develop a curriculum for recreational activities, as well as teach a variety of martial arts.
- Coordinated annual art fairs; organized events (summer concert series) through Cincinnati Music Festival.
- Organized summer day camp care program; helped parents enroll children in the program.
- Designed and coordinated annual educational campaign for community newspaper, paper route division.
Recreation Coordinator Resume Sample 12
- Streamlined organization’s projects, budgets, and provided creative creative ideas to clients.
- Served as an art handler for a mega-church; utilized computer software to organize photos, order materials, monitor closeouts, and coordinate open houses.
- Developed marketing plans; integrated client studies into reception area design.
- Experienced multiple-year increase in revenue with clientele base of nearly 80 percent growth.
To work as a Recreation Coordinator you must complete a high school diploma abd 5 years of experience or complete a Certificate in Therapeutic Recreation. Recreation Coordinators must demonstrate communication, flexibility, physical fitness, problem-solving, leadership, collaborative and organization skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.